Print

Author Topic: I found a super secret hidden area in Super Mario Sunshine. (Picture inside)  (Read 6635 times)

« on: August 11, 2011, 08:44:36 PM »

Discuss.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 09:36:16 PM »
Mario must be tired after reading that Noki book
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 05:13:04 PM »
Ummm... where is this?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 06:13:54 PM »
Ummm... where is this?

It's a secret...I'm not sure if I want to just go out and say it.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 07:32:40 PM »
What is Mario doing to Meat Boy?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 08:23:24 PM »
It's a secret...I'm not sure if I want to just go out and say it.

How can we discuss it if we don't know where it is? If we knew its location, we would at least be able to speculate why it's there and etc.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
How can we discuss it if we don't know where it is? If we knew its location, we would at least be able to speculate why it's there and etc.

Okay fine, lol. Basically its badly rendered version of the outside of Pinna Park which I accessed through Pianta Village.

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 12:45:22 PM »
But where is it exactly and how do you get there? Hax? Wierd Rocket Nozzle bug? Behind pachinko board? (Again with hacks}

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 02:12:17 PM »
Not badly-rendered, just low-poly. Pinna Park is so far away from Pianta Village that unnecessary detail would just be an unwelcome bogging-down of the game. I'm surprised there's more than just a blurry 16x16 texture in PP's place, for Pianta Village...

As much as I hate the game, I'll commend Sunshine for its insistence to keep the parts of the island visible when you would expect them to be.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 05:49:17 PM »
Not badly-rendered, just low-poly. Pinna Park is so far away from Pianta Village that unnecessary detail would just be an unwelcome bogging-down of the game. I'm surprised there's more than just a blurry 16x16 texture in PP's place, for Pianta Village...

As much as I hate the game, I'll commend Sunshine for its insistence to keep the parts of the island visible when you would expect them to be.

Yeah I didn't know the proper term, lol. But yeah it's quite surprising too. Especially because if you look the way that Pinna Park is facing in relation to Pinata Village, you shouldn't be able to see the back of it (aka where I am in the picture). Another interesting thing off my head is that you can see Sirena Beach from Gelato Beach but without hax you shouldn't be able to see it (I think). And there's more too but they either weren't that interesting or I can't think of them off my head at the moment.

But where is it exactly and how do you get there? Hax? Wierd Rocket Nozzle bug? Behind pachinko board? (Again with hacks}

I used this thing called the XYZ hack in AR. It's a 40 line code and there's only like 2 other people I've seen on youtube who have it but neither really show what it can do. It's pretty interesting but I wouldn't recommend wasting your time putting in the painfully long code like I did. Basically it lets you go through everything and go through every physical boundary in the game so you can go "out" of levels and past the hard-coded walls.

One more thing is that I realized whoever developed the game did a really good job too. It doesn't freeze or glitch up at all when you're doing it no matter how far out of the level you go. The only thing is that sometimes when you go into the episode select screen it freezes but I found a way past that.

Print