Print

Author Topic: Favorite Quote in Mario  (Read 15986 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 04:39:59 PM »
I know, right? "Your progress has been saved!" What a knee-slapper!
Relics.

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 10:55:51 PM »
"generally good"
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 07:21:43 AM »
I know, I-I was just trying to be funny...
Relics.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 11:56:05 AM »
"You must be the Great Hero

impersonator!"

I know it's from a less popular Paper Mario game (Super Paper Mario) but it still had it's moments.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 06:20:24 PM »
SPM wasn't bad, it just has a few tiny things that could've been different that would've made it amazing.

[pretend something Lubba said is here to make validate post's existence]
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 09:34:53 AM »
My favorite comes from Super Mario RPG for SNES.

"Who do you think you are, Bruce Lee?"

This is when Mario is trying to punch everything in sight (I think in the forest) and Mallow scolds him.

To make things better, I played this game shortly after I had a student teacher whose name was Mr. Lee. He looked almost exactly like Bruce Lee, only younger (his name actually did begin with a B, but it was Brian or something like that). Having this guy fresh in my mind, the quote made me almost pass out laughing. Got a few funny looks from my dog over that!! Not sure what happened to Mr. Lee after that though--never had him as a sub or anything the next year.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 09:52:38 AM »
Superstar Saga had the greatest quotes of all Mario games IMHO. 

Is it available for Wii U yet? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 04:19:45 PM »
Yeah.
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 04:43:26 PM »
Yeah.
It that is an answer to my question, I expect to have mustard levels of fun this Summer!  I think my daughter will get a kick out of Superstar Saga. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 08:00:37 PM »
"You know most people use something called a DOOR to get in and out of their houses..."-Toad. Also (and i know this is not a quote) the part in Super Mario RPG when Mallow reunites with his father, Mario and the camera wait outside. A half second later, Mario pulls out an umbrella and it starts to rain. I went hysterical.
"These things... they take time."-Gaben

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2014, 02:03:35 AM »
I think my daughter will get a kick out of Superstar Saga.

I'm probably gonna cave and get it next time I feel like playing the game, too, because I just love pausing every so often to draw a sort of reaction to a screenshot for Miiverse, usually involving putting words into the silent characters' mouths

Or chickens
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 02:59:07 PM »
Next time someone asks you to draw NSFW material, send them that picture of Ness wth his mouth stuffed full of cock.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Jman

• Score
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2014, 08:51:46 PM »
I kind of like that opening to Bowser's letter in Mario Party.. 7 I think..

"Weather is here. Wish you were good.."

I wonder if that's a reference to Jimmy Buffet?  "The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful..."
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 12:33:07 PM »
Super Mario Bros. 2j has a solid quote at the end.

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2014, 12:41:02 PM »
Luigi
Only hero

Peach has always known.

Print