Yes
4 (26.7%)
No
3 (20%)
Sometimes, depending on other circumstances
8 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Print

Author Topic: Sunny Smiles, Raining Tears  (Read 3760 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« on: April 25, 2010, 01:46:32 PM »
So I think there may be something to the theory that the weather has a hand in whether people are happy or sad.  See, we've been having cruddy weather this weekend, and I'm... well, I'm angstier than usual.  I'm normally a fairly happy person.  But I seem to be a bit depressed; and since there haven't been any major changes in my life or in my outlook on my life, I think it might be largely because of the clouds in the sky.

How about you guys?  Are you happier or sadder with sunny or cloudy weather, respectively?  Does it play a big part in your mood, or is your mood affected more by what's been happening in your life?  Can clear weather strengthen a good mood, and can overcast weather worsen a bad one?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 02:44:41 PM »
I'm generally happier when it's raining oddly enough.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 03:48:32 PM »
I get bummed when weather is extreme in either direction, though I'm generally more tolerable of hot weather than cold. Too cold or too rainy, and that means no outdoor parties or sports or going for walks or chilling outside. Too hot, and well, that's nothing some cold drinks can't fix.
every

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 04:35:42 PM »
I can't stand damp, cloudy days without rain. Sunshine is always preferrable, but if it's going to rain, I want hardcore rain.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 05:41:43 PM »
I get sleepy alot more on cloudy days, and a little giddy when it snows, but other than that, weather doesn't affect me all that much.

I'm with Weegee: I hate those days when clouds are everywhere, and no rain happens.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 06:21:42 PM »
I try to get in at least half an hour of outside time everyday. It's not too surprising that it isn't as enjoyable when it's cloudy and of course rain just plain prevents it. Also, I rather enjoy letting the sun shine through my bedroom window and get a little bummed out when it doesn't on account of clouds.

Then again, I haven't even been in this state for a year yet (that will happen on June 1st), so I'm still getting used to the climate here. At least there's not much snow in winter like there was in Michigan. Overall, I tend to dislike cold.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 06:27:40 PM »
Yeah, Michigan winters are about as bad as they come unless you're Weegee.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 06:56:40 PM »
Dark rainy days are my preferred weather. It makes everything feel cool/relaxing or possibly adventurous/exciting (not at the same time).
I prefer somewhat cool weather with wind and humidity.

That said, I'm enjoying the spring sun right now on account of I was getting really really sick of the biting cold winter.
Also, the more rockin' awesome the sky, the better. Clear days with sun are at the very bottom of the awesomeness scale.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 08:07:27 PM »
My ideal day would be sunny, about 15°C (~60°F), and excessively windy.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 08:43:06 PM »
I friggin' love thunderstorms. We don't get nearly enough of them here. We just had a pretty awesome one tonight, with some decent-sized hail, but it only lasted like five minutes.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 08:09:11 PM »
Sometimes, othertimes not.

I get giddy when i see hail, it's like, "Cool, mini ice cubes from the SKY!"
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

Print