Print

Author Topic: Rare Super Nintendo items wanted!  (Read 4732 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: October 09, 2003, 10:03:08 PM »
I am building a SNES stand up arcade machine and am looking for a few rare items for the US Super Nintendo.  If you have any of these or know where I can find them (besides ebay) let me know.

I need:
- An adapter that allows you to hook up more than one SNES cart. into the console at a time (very rare).
- An adapter to play NES games on an SNES (rare).
- Arcade style controllers (easy to find).
- A cheap 3.8 mm (I think) secruity bit (easy to find but not cheap on ebay).
- Plans for the Nintendo Super System, Player's Choice, or other Nintendo or similiar arcade stand up video game system.

I plan to use several SNES/NES/GameBoy games on the system.  Here are a few I may use:
- SMAS + SMW
- Tetris + Dr. Mario
- Super Mario Kart
- Mario RPG
- Super Mario Land 2 (GB using Super GameBoy adapter)
- Mario Bros. (the original arcade game on NES w/ NES to SNES adapter if I can find one)
- Mario Paint?

If you have any suggestion let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Luigison (dr_shows@yahoo.com).

Edited by - Luigison on 10/9/2003 10:44:49 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 10:15:37 PM »
For the games, try Ebay for sure. SNES games are EXTREMELY cheap on Ebay. It's the people who keep bidding on them that runs the price up high. I don't know about the other parts, but I suggest doing an MSN search, or a Google search. I bet you could find something. Try your local pawn shops or fleamarket, also. (You can find some good deals at fleamarkets, you know).
I will search for some parts for you when I get the chance.

Off Luigison's topic, but I think TMK is looking foir an American SMB3 manual. I can get one and scan it from my local video store if the booklet is still there and if I can rent it, if the game's still there at all, for that matter.

Thank you.

Stupid inventions- Ejector seat for helicopters.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 10:27:06 PM »
I have all the games.  I need the stuff in the "I need:" section of my post.  Also any ideas or places to find the items.  I have looked at pawn shops, gamestop stores, ebay, etc.  Does anyone know of any online resellers?  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 10:48:23 PM »
Adapter to play NES on SNES-  http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/snes/peripherals/super8.html

I only did one post to check if I was doing the HTML right, but I still have more links to give you. Right now the NES/SNES adapter thing is $59.95 at the cheapest.

<p>

Edited by - Trainman on 10/9/2003 9:55:06 PM

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 11:35:17 PM »
Build or buy your own arcade controllers-
http://www.arcadecontrols.com/arcade.htm

Can't find SNES adapter for more than one game at a time, plans, or 3.8 mm security bit. Sorry, I'll find some eventually.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2003, 11:37:38 PM »
Thanks, I couldn't find a site the actually still sold them.  I hope that one does.

I have a game changer for my GBA SP.  See it at http://www.gamesterusa.com/gbagamechanger.html

That is the sort of thing I want for the SNES.  I am trying to duplicate it, but have no schematic and the board is so small and hard to follow.  I think I can figure it out though.  I hope.

Thanks again.

Also if you have suggestions on other games that you think should be on a Nintendo arcade game let me know.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 05:24:28 PM »
You should put in a Super Scope. That'd be cool.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 08:16:36 PM »
Yes.  I had that idea real early this morning and bid on one on ebay.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2003, 05:52:34 PM »
I am not building a MAME, but rather a SNES that has games selectable.  I think a am going to build the cabinet like the one at

Home / Construction
/ Construction 2 / Construction
/ Shopping
        List
/ PC & Configuration / Graphics & Plans

Edited by - Luigison on 10/11/2003 4:56:47 PM

Print