Yes
42 (71.2%)
No
9 (15.3%)
Unsure
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Print

Author Topic: A Survey This Is  (Read 113305 times)

« Reply #270 on: February 01, 2006, 07:58:13 PM »
Now switching topic to... Star Wars! *plays the intro music*  Just kidding.  But maybe...

__  ___  ___  ___    _           _             _  ___  ___  ___ 
     I       I    I    I  I   I     \           / \           /    I    I  I    I  I
     I__   I    I     I  I   I      \        /    \        /     I     I  I    I  I
        I    I   I___I  I__I       \      /      \      /      I___I  I__I  I___
        I    I   I     I  I\            \   /         \   /        I     I  I\          I
     __I    I   I     I  I \            V            V         I      I I  \   ___I
                R E T U R N  O F  T H E  P T _ P E A C H
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 08:55:06 AM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #271 on: February 01, 2006, 08:38:34 PM »

lol! But seriously, this topic is now about grammer which is so off topic.

Think GRAMMAR, it's February!

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #272 on: February 01, 2006, 08:41:43 PM »
GRAMMAR

GRAMMAR

GRAMMAR

2 As 2 Ms NO Es

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

That reiteration was 100% necessary.
~I.S.~

« Reply #273 on: February 01, 2006, 09:12:10 PM »
The misspelling that drives me up the wall is "millenium." It's "millennium." Two n's.
Why is the word ''dictionary'' in the dictionary? If you don't know what a dictionary is, you wouldn't know to look in the dictionary to find the definition of dictionary.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #274 on: February 01, 2006, 09:16:47 PM »
Now switching topic too... Star Wars! *plays the intro music*  Just kidding.  But maybe...

__  ___  ___  ___   _           _             _  ___  ___  ___ 
     I       I    I    I  I   I    \           / \           /    I    I  I    I  I
     I__   I    I     I  I   I     \        /    \        /     I     I  I    I  I
        I    I   I___I  I__I      \      /      \      /      I___I  I__I  I___
        I    I   I     I  I\           \   /         \   /        I     I  I\          I
     __I    I   I     I  I \           V            V         I      I I  \   ___I
                R E T U R N  O F  T H E  P T _ P E A C H

Didn't anybody appriciate the sheer wittiness of that? I laughed out loud. Once again, good job YR.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #275 on: February 02, 2006, 08:54:19 AM »
Thanks! XD I got that idea at the spur of the moment.  Don't know where it came from. *uses the force to move the mouse pointer*

Wie is Febuary the month four grammer?
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #276 on: February 02, 2006, 03:14:07 PM »
Why, that is uniqe *shakes head slowly up and down* Now, Iike nouns and verbs!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #277 on: February 02, 2006, 10:54:09 PM »
I'm not really bothered by anyone of different religions. I have a friend who is partly Mormon, a few Jewish cousins, etc. All religions (except for Satanism) are basically the same--do good deeds in your life and a peaceful afterlife awaits, and an almighty being/almighty beings created all life. We call God different names and expect different things after death. Actually, people of the same religion have different views of the afterlife. Maybe we will fly around with halos, robes and harps, playing songs of peace (this, I don't know. I think that's symbolism). Maybe we'll spend a portion of our afterlife looking after our loved ones (this I believe. Part of the things in my life couldn't have happened by pure luck) Maybe we'll spend our time doing the things we'd normally do, mnus the sin--that could be why those who do nothing but sin and don't ask for forgiveness go to hell. There'd be nothing for them to do in heaven. (Theory, I don't know if I believe this or not).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2006, 01:10:15 AM »
I hope nobody minds me reviving this; it has been quite a popular topic, after all.

I do believe in God. I'm a Roman Catholic, and strictly orthodox in my beliefs. My moral views are very strong, though I don't always show myself in a very good light when discussing moral issues, unfortunately.

I don't believe in evolution. However, I'm no good at arguing my position in matters like this, nor is this the place to do it, so I will just recommend that all those who are interested in the subject read Darwin on Trial by Phillip Johnson (I hope I got the name right). This book is an excellent, unbiased, scientific source to use in judging whether evolution is likely to have occurred or not.

One thing that has struck me about this topic is that people seem to be very tolerant of one another's religions and can talk about religion in a friendly manner without getting into fights (for the most part, anyway). I can't help but contrast this in my mind with the situation at the KRR message boards, where there is one member in particular who simply seems to hate religion of all kinds and has been known to flame people and insinuate that they're insane because they're religious. (This person is a moderator, believe it or not.) This individual is also extremely pro-abortion, and a large number of other people there are pro-abortion also. As you can probably guess, I am strongly pro-life, for basically the reasons people already mentioned in this thread. Once I made a topic about abortion at KRR, but it ended up being an impossible argument with me doing most of the arguing against abortion, and being ridiculed by the opposition to boot. The topic was finally locked and deleted. (If anyone here happens to have seen this argument in progress, I was posting under the name "Firesparktornado".) But the point of this seemingly pointless story is that it comes as quite a pleasant surprise to me that so many people on this board oppose abortion like I do, and I don't remember ever seeing someone defend it on TMK.

I'd better stop, because this post is getting long (and for some reason the part I added at the end wound up being by far the longest part of the post! 0_o).
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #279 on: March 17, 2006, 12:16:24 PM »
Yay for being Roman Catholic.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #280 on: March 18, 2006, 06:30:33 PM »
I haven't eaten meat on any lent fridays so far, and I won't. I searched the kitchen for an hour last night looking for something I could eat, and I made tuna sandwiches. And I'm just being generally being nicer to people for lent instead of giving something up and then going right back to it like crazy on Easter. Speaking of, why call it "winter break" and "spring break"? With those and Summer Break, you'd only have to go to school in the fall, right? That sounds like a pretty good deal...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #281 on: March 18, 2006, 10:02:36 PM »
Our school has a Fall Break, also, although it's only about 2 days off randomly. Nothing like Spring or Winter Break.

I remember going to McDonald's on a Friday during Lent recently, ordering my usual food (which includes hamburgers) and getting a strange look from someone who obviously didn't approve of atheism. I wonder if this person just stood there that day and did nothing but express nonverbal discontent at people who didn't follow the meatless Friday standards of Lent.
~I.S.~

« Reply #282 on: March 19, 2006, 12:44:37 AM »
Do Christians other than Catholics also abstain from meat on Fridays in Lent? That's something that's never been quite clear to me.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #283 on: March 19, 2006, 11:12:20 AM »
Hm, I don't think so.
I know Some Baptists observe Lent though.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #284 on: March 19, 2006, 11:22:59 AM »
My school's fall break lasts for about a week.

The other day, my school's "team" had a pizza party, and everyone got to either share a large with someone else or get their own large. Since I <3 pizza, I got my own, halp pepperoni half cheese. I hadn't realized that the pizza party was going to be on Friday. So when the day came, I had to eat the cheese half and save the pepperoni half for the next day. Other people had it worse; my friend got half pepperoni half ham, and had to pick off all the toppings. The worst part is, when I got home my mom told me that we were allowed to eat meat that day because it was St. Patrick's Day and Catholics are excused from abstaining from meat in order to have corned beef and cabbage. That made me upset.

Print