Yes
42 (71.2%)
No
9 (15.3%)
Unsure
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Print

Author Topic: A Survey This Is  (Read 113326 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #405 on: June 16, 2006, 05:11:51 PM »
Actaully, I would say that marketing has influence over Christianity, but that's just me.

Ya, I always wondered what bunnies and baskets full of candy have to do with the supposed death and re-birth of a popular figure to atone for the sins of the world. Ya know. There's definitely an intrinsic link between the two. Yep.
~I.S.~

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #406 on: June 16, 2006, 05:31:39 PM »
Some holidays are useless in my opinion. When you think about, people don't make as big of a deal out of some holidays as they do others. American Halloween is bull, but in Mexico it's like Cristmas(El Dia de Muerto to be exact). Another example includes How Christians make a bigger deal out of Christmas than Easter while Jewish people make a bigger deal out of Passover than Hanukah(sp?).

« Reply #407 on: June 16, 2006, 06:00:53 PM »
maybe bunnies and baskets try to take your mind away from death.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #408 on: June 16, 2006, 06:06:43 PM »
They meant that the bunnies and junk have absolutly nothing to do wth the Catholic religeon.

« Reply #409 on: June 16, 2006, 06:14:43 PM »
i would imagin that.maybe there is a meaning that hasn't been found out yet,pherhaps something symbolic.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #410 on: June 16, 2006, 08:16:43 PM »
The easter bunny and eggs are signs of fertility, and Easter is in spring. It's all about regeneration and stuff, so they thought that would be a nice time to associate with Christ being resurrected.
I may not be 100% correct.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 08:19:08 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

« Reply #411 on: June 16, 2006, 08:22:55 PM »
thanks anyway though your information is greatly appreciated.heres a song for you to hear!

« Reply #412 on: June 16, 2006, 11:24:15 PM »
may it vex me that christianity has influence over marketing in america, that really anoys me because state and church of SUPPOSED TO BE SEPERATE!!! There i said it Happy Now?? Geesh.

The Constitution doesn't talk about separation of church and state, but it is mentioned in a letter from Jefferson, I think (better find out more!).  Does anyone know why the US follows that?  I agree with it in some parts but other times I wonder if that idea goes too far.

Also, don't all religions have influence over marketing?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 11:25:51 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2006, 08:41:44 AM »
I beleive we follow the 'separation of church and state' thing because we don't want head into another Dark Age. You do know what I am talking about, right?

« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2006, 09:20:30 AM »
The Constitution doesn't talk about separation of church and state, but it is mentioned in a letter from Jefferson, I think (better find out more!).  Does anyone know why the US follows that?  I agree with it in some parts but other times I wonder if that idea goes too far.

Also, don't all religions have influence over marketing?

because of religeous freedom. and no not all religions follow the market like the appiffani for christmas.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 09:22:32 AM by Fairemaster »

Print