Print

Author Topic: I'm going away! Signed, TMK member  (Read 327791 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #435 on: October 14, 2007, 10:50:18 PM »
I think I'll say on SJ's behalf that I don't think he's coming back. Ever.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #436 on: October 15, 2007, 01:24:56 PM »
He last posted two days ago. Is this based on something in #tmk that I missed?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #437 on: October 15, 2007, 11:00:45 PM »
Well, he made a MySpace post saying that he's going away for good. My guess is that he's leaving his home. Also, he said that he's leaving this "childish Mario" <censored>" behind. I can't post a link here, considering it was a blog post, and I can't paste it due to the language. PM me and I'll paste it into a message if you really want to read it.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #438 on: October 15, 2007, 11:36:47 PM »
Sounds like he really burnt himself out, huh?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #439 on: October 16, 2007, 12:01:41 AM »
I think all of the turmoil caused by Shavana leaving him may have brought this about.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #440 on: October 16, 2007, 01:32:08 AM »
Really? You really think so?
Sadly this kind of thing happens all the time. Sucks when it happens to a good egg.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #441 on: October 16, 2007, 05:29:23 AM »
I hope he ends up like TEM and not like Watoad. Solid, go ahead and send the post to me.

EDIT: My vote for Most Missed '07 is sealed.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 02:35:55 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #442 on: October 16, 2007, 04:01:33 PM »
I never thought I’d say this, but I’m leaving.

I’m entirely not sure that if it is because of my priorities for college or that I’ve just grown tired of it. For the most part, I have noticed that TMK has gone dry update-wise, as the majority of the updates for the past few months have been mostly screenshots and news about Smash Bros. Dojo. The Blog has been the only interesting feature for a while, but now with the departure of SuperJesse it too is destined to dry up as well.

Experience here at the FF has changed too. Posting is not fun anymore as there is a huge chance of it being criticized or shot down. Some people will post things like “Hey, did you know I don’t care?” Chupperson and MB can be both condescending to the point of being rude when it comes to discussing topics (who can forget Chupperson’s “If you need an "advisor" for your life, I have to wonder about your ability to survive in any situation at all.” or MB’s “If you think Pichu is useless, then you suck at Smash Bros.”) There are also no more interesting replies to topics, let alone new topics altogether. Judging by the size of the ANGST thread, it is apparent people would rather complain or argue about stuff than talk about anything else. Sapphira always gave great input to topics before she left, and many times her posts made the experience worthwhile; and Lizard Dude always came up with some of the best topics, but he stopped for some reason. And what happened to Forum Games & Stories? They were always fun, until they got a separate sub-forum and “only ‘n00bs’ posted there.”

There are more reasons to my leaving, but these are what have come off the top of my head. This is the only forum I have ever regularly posted at and there is the possibility that I will come back like with everyone else, but for now I just need to get away for a while. It was a nice five years, everyone.

Good-bye, and perhaps I will see you again in the future.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #443 on: October 16, 2007, 04:07:44 PM »
My runner-up vote for Most Missed '07 is sealed.

« Reply #444 on: October 16, 2007, 04:11:49 PM »
heh, I'm with Max on this one.

I can see what you're saying, but I really hope you come back around sometime in future, you were one of the members that stood out to me as a Fungi Forum regular, like a great person to have in any conversation on the forums.

Well, see ya.

EDIT: Second post out of my latest three that said "I'm with Max"...
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #445 on: October 17, 2007, 11:35:21 PM »
Well, bye Nintendo Expert. I hope that everything goes well with college and all. I know that you didn't mention that anything was wrong but I'm just wishing you well.

You've got pretty good reasons.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #446 on: October 18, 2007, 12:29:46 AM »
Except no one can blame anyone any more than oneself for lack of good topics. We could all come up with better ones.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #447 on: October 18, 2007, 04:19:35 PM »
See you NE89.

EDIT: Hehe, a little bit of irony here. NE89 is announcing his leave in a topic he created.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 05:54:19 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #448 on: October 19, 2007, 09:40:19 AM »
I hope he ends up like TEM and not like Watoad.

What do you mean by that? You hope he comes back eventually instead of falling off the face of the earth, never to be heard from again?
What's your problem, Cambodian?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #449 on: October 19, 2007, 02:42:40 PM »
Yes. (Watoad hasn't completly disappeared, he just isn't here.)

Print