Print

Author Topic: I'm going away! Signed, TMK member  (Read 327388 times)

« Reply #600 on: September 25, 2008, 02:28:36 PM »
Best wishes, and I'm hopeful that everything turns out okay for you, PaperLuigi.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #601 on: September 25, 2008, 08:13:58 PM »
Dang... I'll miss you, and will secretly be hoping, somewhat selfishly, that you change your mind. If not, I guess if nothing else, I'll see you in heaven (That sounded a bit heavy, didn't it?).

No, I can't. And to be honest with you, it's more than just a problem in my life right now.

Deezer was 100% correct to take away our political discussion. To be honest with you, it sucks. It's completely uncivil, we have people using Hitler as an excuse to verify their point of view, and other members have complete and utter disrespect for someone else's beliefs. Things were better off when we didn't have political discussion because now everyone is extremely bitter. I'm sorry that I ever participated in getting Deezer to let us talk about politics and religion.

I mean, I can't be at a site with quotes like

Ah ha ha ha ha

You are some kind of stupid.

Accuse me again of trying to kill off the disabled, and I'll brain you. No joke.

and

Even if our modern Bible conveys 100% accurately the original crazy crap people wrote down thousands of years ago, it's still crazy crap people wrote down thousands of years ago!

and

Yes, good hearted people that believe evolution don't want to kill off the weak.  But remember this guy?: [insert Hitler picture]

...and grow as a Christian respectful of his fellow human being (regardless of his or her religious affiliation and/or sexual orientation).

Until we are able to act civil with each other regardless of our beliefs, we're just proving why the mods took our political discussion away in the first place. I totally regret trying to get them to allow us to discuss politics...it's one of the biggest mistakes I ever made on this board (and believe me, I've made a lot). So I'll see you guys later. I hope that everyone just learns to tolerate other people without attacking someone at a personal level.

(Yes, I know this is the internet. There are a lot of forum boards that are full of rude people. But until the political discussion was reinstated, I was convinced that this site wasn't one of them).

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #602 on: September 25, 2008, 08:34:49 PM »
You take the good,
You take the bad,
You take them both and there you have the facts of life.
The facts of life.

There's a time you gotta go and show
You're growin' now,
You know about the facts of life.
The facts of life.

When the world never seems,
To be living up to your dreams.
And suddenly you're finding out,
The facts of life are all about you.
All about you.
You-u-u-u,
A-ll about you.
It takes a lot to get em right,
But you're learnin the facts of life.
Learnin the facts of life.
Learnin the facts of life.
Learnin the facts of li-fe.

Happy trails

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #603 on: September 25, 2008, 08:44:20 PM »
Wow...

I'm very sad that you're leaving, PaperLuigi. Who will be putting all those funny sentences in the Mario Story thread? You were actually one of my favorite members of the Fungi Forums; not only because of your kindness, but also because you had a lot to contribute here. I really don't know what to say...
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #604 on: September 25, 2008, 10:02:34 PM »
Man... well, thanks for the great goodbye post, PL. Don't be afraid to come back someday if you can.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #605 on: September 25, 2008, 10:19:20 PM »
I'm sorry that I ever participated in getting Deezer to let us talk about politics and religion... I totally regret trying to get them to allow us to discuss politics...it's one of the biggest mistakes I ever made on this board

Don't beat yourself up over this, really; no offense, but if you didn't participate, then there's pretty much a 99% chance it would still be reallowed. Disliking this sort of debating is understandable, but really, with the advent of the new board, it's easier than ever to not take a part in the whole political discussion.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #606 on: September 25, 2008, 10:27:20 PM »
Goodness, someone change the man's CT! We can't bid a venerated member adieu with a title like that!

And yet... it has a unique charm.

« Reply #607 on: September 30, 2008, 02:18:01 PM »
Man, this place just took on a little bit of darkness. I don't really participate much on those. Probably 'cause of habit. Anyways, hearing these quotes, I'm afraid I have to agree. If its re-banned, I won't be suprised. However, I now have a propisition. If you see someone who is acting uncivil, simply ban him/her from the Not At The Dinner Table board.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #608 on: September 30, 2008, 04:09:31 PM »
Um.  Why did you include my post?  I said that good people don't want to kill the weak.  I said Hitler was killing the weak.  Would you include Hitler as a good guy?  I wasn't nasty in those posts so I don't get what your including me for.  I was only giving my opinion like every single other person.  As you can see I have stopped going to Not at the Dinner Table altogether after about the first 20 something posts.  I thought political discussion here was a bad idea before it was allowed and the only reason I wrote the petition (which was never sent) was so you and other members would come back.  PL if you don't like the political discussion now that we have it you should do what I do and not go there at all, not leave TMK.  Since I stopped going there it seems like nothing has ever changed.  Come on, don't leave again.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:11:41 PM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #609 on: September 30, 2008, 04:31:29 PM »
What is this, like, the eighth time PL's left?
every

« Reply #610 on: September 30, 2008, 05:16:26 PM »
Yes.

Why isn't he back yet?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #611 on: September 30, 2008, 07:24:56 PM »
Maybe Deezer really did ban him...?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #612 on: September 30, 2008, 07:31:33 PM »
If he was banned his CT would say banned.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #613 on: September 30, 2008, 09:11:21 PM »
He's been gone longer than this before.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #614 on: September 30, 2008, 10:01:20 PM »
Kind of like my cat...

...I kid!

Print