Print

Author Topic: I'm going away! Signed, TMK member  (Read 325768 times)

« Reply #720 on: February 09, 2009, 11:52:47 PM »
No reason to ever officially call it quits. Just post when and where you feel like it, and don't worry about any obligation to perform.

That's advice I should've taken the last 4 times I "officially" called it quits.

Seriously Bird, you're one of the best members on this board. Your artwork is fantastic. Your humor is sly. You're an extremely productive poster no matter what you may think or anyone tells you. Don't call it quits for good. Just stick around for a while or take a break.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 11:56:04 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #721 on: February 09, 2009, 11:57:24 PM »
I agree with Lizard Dude's post and with Paper Luigi's agreeal with Lizard Dude's post. No matter how much I may criticize your aversion to Wario's eyebags, deep down, I definitely admire you. And you don't even have to look very deep to find it. It goes deep, but it starts really close to the surface. Probably even at the surface.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #722 on: February 10, 2009, 12:35:41 AM »
I agree with Lizard Dude's post, with Paper Luigi's agreeal with Lizard Dude's post, and CrossEyed7's agreeal with Paper Luigi's agreeal with Lizard Dude's post. Bird, you're awesome.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #723 on: February 10, 2009, 12:40:07 AM »
I agree with Rao.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #724 on: February 10, 2009, 12:40:24 AM »
He knows we think he's awesome; the problem is that we don't seem awesome back ATM.

« Reply #725 on: February 10, 2009, 12:50:01 AM »
Man, losing BP is like losing a good president. I don't plan on sticking around here much either. And when I find a job, my time here will be cut dramatically. Anyway, Bird Person, you're a great artist and you make funny comics and provide a lot of good information about stuff and, you're just a likable guy. Don't ever feel like your time here was wasted because you probably matured here more and don't even know it. I hope you continue doing what you do best, and never give up. 'Cause you rock, man!  :) And remember to always stay humble. :)
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #726 on: February 10, 2009, 02:03:31 AM »
Oh you guys.

we don't seem awesome back ATM.
But Lizard Dude, why? You became almost a carbon copy of TEM. Not trying to bad-mouth TEM, but he's the type of which you only want one guy. You're just cramping his style, LD. I thought I'd revived you that long time back, you even changed back your sig... then what? You acknowledged it again months later, teasing everyone.

you probably matured here
Definitely. Look at some of my oldest posts. Haw.

I know, this board has its highs and lows--but this one has been like the Great Depression. Same boring stuff every day. None of the long-running threads are really any good. Worst case scenario: I just don't like forums at all anymore.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #727 on: February 10, 2009, 02:09:46 AM »
...Then I click "unread posts" and am harshly reminded why I hate this place.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #728 on: February 10, 2009, 02:11:53 AM »
Shot to the heart. You don't have to read the unread posts in every board. It's the Forum Games, man. Posts there have always been stupid. At least it's better than other forums which have stupid posts on practically every board.

Seriously, Lizard Dude and the rest of us were just having fun. That's no reason to leave the forum. Like you said (I forget which topic), if the topics aren't interesting, make some of your own. Spark some discussion over something interesting in the world. As much as I dislike the political board, they're a great way to start conversation (or perhaps not).

If you truly do hate this place, then leave. We won't hold it against you. You had a wonderful tenor here and you will be sorely missed.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 02:17:04 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #729 on: February 10, 2009, 08:03:24 AM »
...Then I click "unread posts" and am harshly reminded why I hate this place.

Aw crap.  You are probably the last person I would expect to post in this topic, BP.  Who would keep us laughing without you? 

Wait a sec... I'm not one of these harsh reminders, am I? :-[ In any case, please don't leave, or at least not whole hog cold turkey.  Would you at least still post your artwork?

But, like PL said, you gotta do what you gotta do...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #730 on: February 10, 2009, 08:38:56 AM »
Who would keep us laughing without you? 

Forum Games, right? I mean there's always a hilarious counting thread or a retarded Internet meme for you. (But that's just unnecessary spite.)

Like I'm saying, it's not really that I hate this place--it's that I don't like it any better than any other forum because it's no different anymore. It used to have so much setting it apart. It's not the huge wave of counting threads. It's the general recession of interesting threads that has lasted a long long time.

Also, I miss everyone. Suffix, Mr. Melee, Sapphira, Khold, LZR/Hyrulean/Ambulance Y, SolidShroom, MaxVance, Lizard Dude... it's normal. Not saying "You all suck" in comparison, of course, just, a lot of the old is gone and thinking about it tickles my memory appreciation receptors the same way that thinking about Ocarina of Time does.

Edit: But I'm not unhappy. As far as real life and other things to do with the Internet go, I'm feeling great. I'm finally doing well enough in school that my mom will let me start driving soon (possibly related to my declining activity here? Hmmm). I know what I want to do with my life now and feel like what I like to do is all going towards it. SMAAAASH!! and Stack Smash keep me feeling busy, which feels good even though I don't get paid for either. In a way, those two things are almost all I really care about now, next to the obvious stuff like friends and family and the like.

Yeah, I'm not going anywhere. But I'll probably be posting even less often than I have been.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:49:43 AM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #731 on: February 10, 2009, 09:47:46 AM »
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW
"it's always the present"

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #732 on: February 11, 2009, 01:08:25 AM »
Aww... One of the things that at least reminded me to check TMK again was BP's SMAAAASH!! update posts. To be honest, however, my motivation as a whole to visit the FF has declined due to school, work, and my obsession with making maps for Team Fortress 2.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #733 on: February 11, 2009, 05:53:13 AM »
To be honest, however, my motivation as a whole to visit the FF has declined due to school, work, and my obsession with making maps for Team Fortress 2.

Me too...  except for the whole Team Fortress 2 thing. I don't make maps for that. Or play it. So, whatever.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #734 on: February 11, 2009, 04:06:10 PM »
I, too, am leaving these forums. Like the people before me, I have realized a greater goal that involves me leaving. Unlike them, my goal is far simpler: I seek to integrate myself into larger forums and gather their information into myself. I made the decision to leave when I realized that the Fungi Forums were basically tapped out with regards to interesting and quality post(er)s. You'll likely see me again someday–who knows? I may very well become some sort of Internet superstar.

For now, TMK, I leave you. But not before presenting this final image:

Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print