Print

Author Topic: I'm going away! Signed, TMK member  (Read 327323 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #735 on: February 11, 2009, 04:20:09 PM »
I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that I am not leaving.

Koopaslaya, now's your chance to reclaim the poster awards!

« Reply #736 on: February 11, 2009, 05:32:39 PM »
Max Vance.....

left.......................

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #737 on: February 11, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #738 on: February 11, 2009, 06:08:13 PM »
What?! MaxVance can't've left!

* Toad cries!

Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #739 on: February 11, 2009, 06:16:37 PM »
Good God, what's going on around here? Well, I wish you well and mourn your departure, Max, but...
I made the decision to leave when I realized that the Fungi Forums were basically tapped out with regards to interesting and quality post(er)s.
Aren't massive forums usually known for hosting the exact opposite of that? Besides, of course it won't have interesting and quality posters if all the good ones leave (I'll refer you all to the "drug addicts/the Wii" comparison I made some time ago).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #740 on: February 11, 2009, 06:21:51 PM »
Wait, if Max leaves, then who will be the person who does stuff, yet not become a mod?

« Reply #741 on: February 11, 2009, 09:41:40 PM »
I was not aware there was such a position.

Trust me, you won't find quality posts and/or posters on a giant forum. Most members on boards like that are immature, prepubescent teenage boys who don't know how to post without cussing every other word.

Or they're just immature. Take your pick. At least this forum feels like a family. A dysfunctional family, but...still a family.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #742 on: February 11, 2009, 09:57:10 PM »
Koopaslaya, now's your chance to reclaim the poster awards!

I accept. Conflict solved. If you like, I would be more than happy to work in cooperation with you on them. Thank you for your dedicated service to the community in your handling the awards for the past few years. I am honored and humbled that you have returned them to me.

And I would also like to take this opportunity to say that I am not leaving. I remember the same thing happened back 3 or 4 years ago when all the Club 86' people were leaving and everyone was talking about the "downfall of the forums." All of this will blow over soon enough.

My suggestion: We need a Barack Obama figure to restore hope.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:59:17 PM by Koopaslaya »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #743 on: February 11, 2009, 11:52:04 PM »
*Sigh*, great, now Max is going too...at least try to drop in on the holidays.

I would like to help out in keeping these forums intact and on track. Possibly a moderator. Making sure that bad stuff is kept off of these boards and making sure that they stay clean for the public eye. After all, this is a place where people come to chat about Mario and other stuff that's on their mind.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #744 on: February 12, 2009, 12:07:43 AM »
People who request to be mods generally never get the job.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:28:21 AM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #745 on: February 12, 2009, 12:22:48 AM »
We just need some people that can keep these boards in check and make sure that nothing severe goes wrong, that's all.

I guess since MaxVance won't be around here that often, Koopaslaya will have to announce the winner(s) of the Winter 2008 ADVANCE poster awards. I'm still curious about who might have won. 
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #746 on: February 12, 2009, 12:27:10 AM »
Most of them aren't around that much and don't monitor anything. Chupperson, Suffix, Bird Person and occasionally Deezer...those are the only mods I see consecutively.

Regular members have the run of the mill for the most part. To be honest, I was initially opposed to the FOR REAL ordeal in the Forum Games because I thought the mods would not approve (but Bird Person was the only mod around to put a halt to it). Not to say I didn't enjoy the freedom to just be silly, however. The quality of my posts were just not great (terrible, in fact). If I really wanted to be just silly, I probably should've done it outside the board.

Things are okay as they are, I think. Just okay. The freedom is great and all, but there should be a line. I don't want to sound controlling, but sometimes things get out of hand in favor of general silliness over intellectual/interesting discussion.

Do we need new mods? Maybe, maybe not. One solution could be to replace mods who are barely here with members who are here on a regular basis. This is just a suggestion. If you don't like it, don't take it seriously. It's not my place to make decisions.

CrossEyed7 would be a great mod. His posts are a mix of general, good hearted silliness and excellent, intellectually stimulating material.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:35:40 AM by PaperLuigi »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #747 on: February 12, 2009, 12:39:34 AM »
What the heck is going on around here.
That was a joke.

« Reply #748 on: February 12, 2009, 12:41:17 AM »
Human sacrifices...dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria.

« Reply #749 on: February 12, 2009, 01:47:48 AM »
I fully agree with you, PaperLuigi. This place is like a second home to me, and I don't want to see it go up in flames.
I'm pretty sure that all of you feel the same way...I hope.

Print