Print

Author Topic: What we don't need in this world  (Read 28269 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2009, 03:15:11 PM »
Kid Rock. I don't give a [dukar] how many genres he blends together, he's still awful.

Conversely, people who think dissing any and all white rappers makes them a music expert.
every

Jman

• Score
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2009, 03:43:25 PM »
I second that, how dare he steal beats from Warren Zevon and Lynyrd Skynyrd?
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2009, 04:34:29 PM »
I RAGE every time I hear the beginning of that song and think "Oh good, Werewolves of London. I never hear this song anymore." and it turns out to be something else. But I really never hear that song anymore because I never listen to the radio anymore because the car radio doesn't work anymore.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2009, 05:46:38 PM »
Actually, I heard Werewolves of London after hearing the Kid Rock version, and thought it was okay, but before I did I kept hearing over and over again how geniusly KR combined it with Sweet Home Alabama.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2009, 06:43:19 PM »
Not very hard considering they're the same chord progression for the entire song.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2009, 09:49:08 AM »
I suppose that's the point of the song, and I'll admit that the instrumental itself does flow very nicely between the two samples, but it doesn't change the fact that Kid Rock spreads himself far too thin over too many genres. His rhymes are tired and all the supposedly innovative bits and bobs of country and southern rock he puts in his songs are just as cliched.

Just so everyone knows, I'm all for sampling in music. It just depends on how it's used.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2009, 10:05:34 AM »
Furthering that, there's nothing wrong with playing every possible genre of music. You just need to have actual talent if you want to do that.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »
Well my biggest problem with "All Summer Long" is that it's just a crappy song that samples from two other crappy songs. I just can't tolerate that much crap in one place.

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2009, 11:48:32 AM »
More government and people.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2009, 08:19:51 PM »
Werewolves of London is good, man. What are you talking about.

The world could live without Sweet Home Alabama for sure though.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2009, 09:03:07 PM »
Sweet Home Alabama is good, man. What are you talking about.

The world could live without Werewolves of London for sure though.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2009, 09:23:58 PM »
Sweet Home Alabama and Werewolves of London are good, man. What are you talking about.

The world could live without All Summer Long for sure though.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2009, 09:40:48 PM »
All Summer Long is good, man. What are you talking about.

The world could live without Wabash Cannonball for sure though.

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2009, 11:57:59 AM »
I'll tell you what we don't need..

More cowbell!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2009, 01:40:10 PM »
Steven9Wii
every

Print