Print

Author Topic: Ghost Sumoning???  (Read 9384 times)

« on: September 03, 2004, 07:09:13 PM »
I've heard that you can sumon ghosts in real life. I've also heard that there websites that teach you how. Is this true?
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 07:24:36 PM »
No, duh.
That was a joke.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 07:39:14 PM »
Eliciting evil spirits would first of all, be just plain weird. Read the crucible. You'll see what just joking around about that stuff can do. Trust me, you Do NOT want to conjour evil spirits. You don't want to...

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 07:39:34 PM »
Well, I personally don't believe in ghosts, but if they do exist, maybe so.

(Note: I do not believe in ghosts and won't change my mind, so don't write a "persuasive essay" post trying to persuade me.  Feel free to post encounters, they're still interesting.)

Everything is as smooth as sandpaper pajamas.

Edited by - Markio on 9/3/2004 6:41:48 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 08:40:03 PM »
Ghost exist, but not in the way you mean.  They are in peoples heads.

When people are near electromagnetic fields there brains can be tricked into thinking they see something.  In old building that have lots of dense stone like marble the stones produce EM fields because of the pressure their weight exerts on their atoms.

Ever feel like someone is behind you?  It could be an EM field, or you could sense a slight change in your surrounding such as a slight bress, smell, or temperature change that your brain interprates as someone being behind you.  This unconsious ability was important to early humans that could have been attacked by wild animals or other humans.

A reduced amount of oxygen to the brain can also cause someone to think they see ghosts.  This happens often with people who sleep on there backs or snore.  I have a problem where I wake up during REM sleep so I am paralyzed, but my eyes are open and I see things that look like death, ghosts, etc.

Sometime people see smoke, fog, dust, etc. and think it is a ghost.  This is because our brain are hardwired to see familiar objects like faces.  Try looking into a complex pattern like on some floor tiles or wall textures and you might think you see a lot of faces in the designs.  The "face" on Mars is a good example.

Some people think they see a ghost of a recently passed significant other because their brain have still not let go of the deceased individual.

You can "sumon" a ghost by tricking your mind into beleaving that on is present.  This has in many cultures be associated with drugs, (lightning) storms, and altered states of consious caused by lack of sleep, lack of food (fasting), lack of oxygen (from singing, exertion, or altering breathing patterns).

Group halluciations have also occured for one or more of the above reasons.

It is also important to note that the "ghost" someone see is dependent on there own previous experience and thier culture.  A lot of fairly recent "ghost" have been interpreted by people to be aliens.  In the past many where thought to be demons.  My grandfather was deeply religious and once thought he saw an angel pull at his foot one night when he may have had a mild heartattack.  After watching Scream I though I saw a black robed white masked figure in my room during one of my bouts with sleep acknia (sp?).
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 08:43:26 PM »
I made way too many typos and spelling errors in my above post to bother with correcting it now.

Insane Steve?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 10:27:37 PM »
You can summon the ghost of Christmas past by saying humbug a lot.
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2004, 01:45:07 PM »
I don't believe in ghosts, as in souls of the deceased manifesting themselves as sheets with eyeholes poked out.
But I do believe that the deceased can send messages to the living.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004, 02:09:58 PM »
Havent you people played Luigi's Mansion? All of those Boos weren't just smoke or a change of temperature behind Luigi. I, myself, often wear a sheet with two eyeholes, infact, I wore one without eyeholes once and fell off of the staircase at my cusin's house, but that time it was a sleeping bag. I think I'll go put on a sheet with eyeholes right now.

If I become a ghost when I die, I'll haunt you nonbelievers, and switch your socks so that they don't match.

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2004, 06:28:47 PM »
I like wearing unmatching socks, my socks match because my mother makes me wear matching socks.

Everything is as smooth as sandpaper pajamas.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2004, 05:09:26 PM »
Socks are supposed to match?

*checks feet

Ogres Have Layers

• Malaprop Monster
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 12:39:51 AM »
Why would you ever want to solicit a ghost? That's horrible, and your lord and savior wouldn't approve.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:09:39 AM by Deezer »
You better check yourself before you Shrek yourself.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 01:13:14 AM »
The only thing weirder than OHL's bump is the original post.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 09:47:57 AM »
Was it even weirder before Deezer edited it?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 09:56:21 AM »
Brief description of what it was before the edit?
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

Print