Print

Author Topic: Wanted: A Book  (Read 3327 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« on: September 13, 2004, 03:07:54 PM »
I would like to purchase a *hard* cover edition of "The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy", that'd be all the Hitchhiker books in one. At least near mint condition.

Egg Power

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 12:09:13 AM »
Only place I've seen that is at the local library. I read it twice. I don't think that helps you though. Good luck. amazon.com might be helpful.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

TEM

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 03:22:32 PM »
All they got is the paper back. I hope there even is a hard cover kind.

Egg Power

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 12:01:07 AM »
The one I read was hard cover.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 09:52:05 AM »
I have it, but will not be giving it up.  I have read "The Guide" three or four times now.  I also have the radio show on tape and the movie on VHS.  Rumor has it that the movie will be remade.  Another series you might like is "Red Dwarf" by Grant Naylor.

I have also read the "Gateway" series by Fredrick Pohl and "The Time Ships" by Stephan Baxter several times.  Both books are hard science fiction and won numerous awards.  Gateway is about an abandoned alien space port, a black hole, and a poor guy who takes chances traveling in the alien ships.  The Time Ships is a huge authorized addition to The Time Machine by a British author.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 11:09:29 AM »
I bought the hardcover one at a local bookstore new for $12 (or was it less?)  I got the big blue one as the Bible-bound one is out of print.

Try:

Amazon or

Booksamillion or

Barnes & Noble

TEM

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 09:33:36 PM »
Thanks for the links, I am now in the Ultimate Guide Owner's Club.

Egg Power

Print