Print

Author Topic: New/Returning Members Post Here!  (Read 796457 times)

« Reply #1920 on: July 29, 2009, 03:04:45 PM »
I see this place is as crappy as ever.
Yay!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1921 on: July 29, 2009, 05:13:26 PM »
Who is this newest member who apparently is a vetran?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1922 on: July 29, 2009, 07:04:28 PM »
He's sadib, aka marioguy (I think).

« Reply #1923 on: July 29, 2009, 07:10:16 PM »
The name certainly rings a bell. Any further background information, anyone? I'm personally not the kind of nooblet likely to delve into the annals of TMK history, so yeah.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1924 on: July 29, 2009, 07:15:20 PM »
I doubt there are more than five non-mod regulars still around who were around in those days.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1925 on: July 29, 2009, 08:20:32 PM »
Some non-mod people active right now who had accounts then (regardless of whether or not they used them at that time) in order of join date: Lizard Dude, frostbite, penguinwizard, Jman, myself, Trainman, TEM, and Meowrik.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1926 on: July 29, 2009, 11:50:08 PM »
All newer members believe me...as a six year vet of these forums, the name sadib100 is notorious around these parts.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #1927 on: July 30, 2009, 12:07:58 AM »
Oh, I wouldn't doubt it -- His four-post history is truly quite astounding.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1928 on: July 30, 2009, 12:08:57 AM »
Notorious? This is the internet. No one is "notorious" and/or tough on the internet.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1929 on: July 30, 2009, 12:11:11 AM »
I had no idea I missed that stuff so narrowly. I always pictured it being 2001 or 2.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #1930 on: August 07, 2009, 11:36:36 PM »
Hello again everyone.

I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I've decided to start contributing again after a few weeks of lurking. I haven't been on this forum for a good two years or so.

Since leaving here, I've learned of and witnessed the true depravity of the greater internet. I've become hardened to society both online and in real life. I have ended most of my previous real life relationships. I've seen, learned and heard things I could never even possibly imagine last time I was here. Though, on the plus side, I feel I am more mature.

This forum itself hasn't gone without some noticeable changes. Some of the regulars have since become mods, while others, who seemed relatively easygoing, have been banned. There is a slew of new users and returned users, I'm sure. Also, Lizard Dude, you don't seem as whimsical as you once were; you seem to have outgrown your jokester ways in favor of a more serious, and at times, cynical, persona. Kind of like myself, I suppose.

Though, what I've noticed above all else, here, is the slight atmosphere shift. What once seemed like a relatively small community has since expanded and thus gained exposure to the customs of the greater internet. The swear filter is distinctively more lax than I remember it being, and people are more open to displaying varying degrees of internet humor and language. I feel that, in some cases, such as the "Forum Games" board, this has been a change for the worse. I applaud the "Serious Discussion" board, but, in my perspective, this place has fallen from grace.

I cannot promise to post frequently, though, due to some issues that are of interest to me, I have decided to rejoin the userbase. So... yeah.

« Reply #1931 on: August 07, 2009, 11:54:26 PM »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1932 on: August 08, 2009, 12:02:13 AM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1933 on: August 08, 2009, 12:05:23 AM »
Hey there Area 64! I remember you. Welcome back.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1934 on: August 08, 2009, 07:28:16 AM »
Well, at least he's honest. Hi, Area 64!

So I guess you're wondering why your conversations have been relatively ShadowBrain-free for the last week or so. Well, pull up a chair (assuming you stand to use a computer) and lend a virtual ear...

It was sometime last week--or perhaps a bit before, I can't remember the exact date--when I was suddenly struck with a cold. Headache, a Kleenex-depleting nose, and muscular aches were the primary symptoms, and all I could do was take lots of pills and wonder how I got sick in the middle of the summer. During this period of time, I intended to air my complaints concerning my condition on the Angst Thread, but never got around to it. Time passed, and just when things seemed to be improving, I woke up last Sunday morning (having not slept well any of the previous nights, I guess I that should read: about 3:00AM) with escalating nausea, an inexplicable addition to my already considerable list of ailments. I took some Tums and tried functioning normally, but it got to the point where I only felt comfortable in a bathroom with an open toilet lid. It had been a while since I had thrown up, and I quite literally had a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that it was about to happen again... but no! Yet the pain was such that I felt induced vomiting was in order. No dice. I tried drinking water, coughing and gagging, thinking of 2 Girls 1 Cup, and whatever was in me stayed put. Without exaggeration, I think I spent the better part of an hour deciding whether or not to poke my uvula. Eventually, when I realized other people were getting up, I decided to instead throw in the towel (figuratively speaking). When mom heard about my state, I spent most of the rest of the day in bed, sucking down 7up as best I could and eating small amounts of toast. When dinner rolled around, I felt confident enough in my appetite to eat a small amount of heavy food... which later resulted in me becoming so sick to my stomach that I could only comfortably communicate through hand gestures and head jiggles. Oh, and did I mention my grandparents came by a little earlier and I still had a responsibility to pack for an extended hiking/camping trip starting the next day? That's right, and that's the main reason I was gone so long. As you may know, I am a (somewhat reluctant) Boy Scout, and the "50-Miler" trip stretched from Monday morning to Friday afternoon. In essence, with my brother and dad along for the ride as usual, I spent five five days and four nights in the Olympics, hiking considerable distances and braving, among other things, a bee sting (unprovoked! I wasn't the only one, though, and both my bro and dad got it as well), a horror movie's worth of flies almost every day, bears, forest fire-induced detours (it was planned as basically the 60-Miler, then it looked like it was going to become the 45-miler, then copious day hikes and moderate rationalization made it live up to its name), and the possibility of cougars and lightning strikes. There was a picnic when we got back yesterday, though.

...And I was sick the whole time. Never threw up, though! Oh, and I would've posted yesterday evening, but I was busy trying in vain to catch up on GoNintendo news updates.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print