Print

Author Topic: New/Returning Members Post Here!  (Read 801277 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2655 on: March 28, 2012, 05:28:32 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Are you really a mullet?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2656 on: March 29, 2012, 04:38:23 PM »
Well, Bowser did first hit the scene around the 80s... welcome, crudely-coiffed Koopa!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2657 on: April 07, 2012, 02:49:52 PM »
After a little over a week without internet and having moved I am now back. 

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2658 on: April 17, 2012, 06:33:46 PM »
Obligatory Introduction post

Oh, hi guys. I am zelkova. This is a neat little forum you got here, i've taken a liking to it. I'm especially a fan of the "you awesome you lose" thread, at the moment. I like video games of all varieties pretty much. My favorites rank among the classics; Pokemon, final fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, and many others. I have an interest in learning how to use flash well, and I sort of want to learn the Unity Game Engine, seeing how its free and looks shiny. I also have an interest in learning Japanese, although I suppose that is also obligatory given my previously stated interests and the fact that I also enjoy Manga and Anime. And for that matter, I guess eventually I want to make a comic / manga. I do draw allot, but I've never made a complete one before. And well, that's about it. See ya' around.
[-------------------Will Fill in Later-------------------] .... (maybe)

« Reply #2659 on: April 17, 2012, 07:20:51 PM »
I like the way you post. It shows character.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2660 on: April 18, 2012, 07:17:00 AM »
For some reason, I keep reading your sig as "Wii Fit."

Anyway, welcome aboard! I liked your rat post.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

A

« Reply #2661 on: April 18, 2012, 07:23:53 AM »
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

« Reply #2662 on: April 18, 2012, 11:03:00 AM »
When you think about it, Pokemon is almost as old as the N64.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2663 on: April 18, 2012, 11:53:10 AM »
Sixteen years old is reasonably "classic."

For comparison, Half-Life and StarCraft came out in 1998. Fallout and Final Fantasy VII came out in 1997. Super Mario 64 came out in 1996. Chrono Trigger and Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together came out in 1995.

(also released in 1995: the original DonPachi, Night Warriors: DarkStalkers' Revenge, Highly Responsive to Prayers)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2664 on: April 18, 2012, 02:57:01 PM »
You don't have to yell, dude! I'm right here!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2665 on: April 18, 2012, 04:21:25 PM »
Welcome! I hope you hang out for a while.

(Mario RPG was also released in 1996)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2666 on: April 18, 2012, 08:16:43 PM »
This Zelkova person must be that guy who writes all those elementary school vocabulary books. ;P

« Reply #2667 on: April 18, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes and so on, Ladies and Gentlemen! ... though...  I don't quite follow your logic, The Chef, but hey i guess i'l take it! *shrug*

I don't know if there is some sort of concrete time-mandate in the criteria for what qualifies as a classic, though i guess to an extent its really about personal taste. Back in the good old days, I had my trusty GBC, with its chronic lack of a low battery reminder and fantastically dim color screen, and a copy of Pokemon yellow.... and that was all I needed. I also really enjoyed the Crystal/Silver/Gold and the Ruby/Sapphire series, but ever since they seem to have lost that feeling that made them great.... *sigh*....

At any rate, the originals remain classics to me!
[-------------------Will Fill in Later-------------------] .... (maybe)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2668 on: April 18, 2012, 09:55:39 PM »
You don't have to yell, Navi! I'm right here!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2669 on: April 18, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »
[shadow=red,left]
oh hai, font color workaround
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print