Print

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 70186 times)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2007, 09:45:28 PM »
But it's still a valid point, that we shouldn't spend all our time worrying about whether or not you get into heaven.  It's more productive to apply true goods and principles to everything you do in life.  You know, temperance, fortitude, hope love & faith, prudence, etc.  By the way, I'm not claiming to be an expert, I worry about heaven all the time, and still act all weird.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #301 on: January 31, 2007, 06:05:50 AM »
Whatever floats your boat Solid, but goodie is absolutely right. Worrying about making it to heaven while you're burning in the fiery depths won't do you any good. :P
Hmm, who says there even is a Hell? I mean, this is another reason why I don't accept the modern beliefs of religion. Where did they come from? No one knows! Half of you believers could be believing in some random stories that were passed down by word of mouth for thousands of years. I just think our civilization is too advanced to believe in these stories. Oh, and I'm sorry if my blasphemy offended anyway.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #302 on: January 31, 2007, 08:00:05 AM »
That's why religion is based mostly on faith.  And I think humans are pretty stupid.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #303 on: January 31, 2007, 10:13:15 AM »
It's also why I sort of believe in what Douglas Adams wrote in the Hitchhiker's Guide. You know, that Earth is really a giant supercomputer and all that.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #304 on: January 31, 2007, 10:31:55 AM »
First of all, I would like to say that I did read your entire post, Vid.

Second, here's my view. I am a Baptist, which is a part of the Protestant denomination of Christianity. I basically believe in everything that comes packaged in the Protestant faith, including one God that rules over everything, as he created everything (good, anyways), and that evolution does not exist, nor did God plan evolution. I also respect everyone's opinion and religion, even if I do not practice the religion or believe in the opinion.

Lastly, I'd like to say that I am still developing as a Christian. Just two years ago I started going to church, so I am still learning many new things as I go to church.
Well, I didn't really know how to word this entire post, but here it is.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #305 on: January 31, 2007, 07:23:07 PM »
Where did they come from? No one knows! Half of you believers could be believing in some random stories that were passed down by word of mouth for thousands of years.

Christianity came from Jesus himself.  Most people over look that he was an actual person. Christianity, as well as Islam, were created by living people. They aren't really random stories, you know.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #306 on: January 31, 2007, 07:58:41 PM »
Christianity was created more by Jesus' followers than him, I think.
That was a joke.

« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2007, 08:38:41 PM »
I believe that some (a large portion or small) of your beliefs come from how you were raised. There are  people that I know that were raised Muslim, but they did not accept that Islam was right when they got older. They did their studies and found out which religion, if any, made sense to them.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #308 on: February 01, 2007, 03:41:17 PM »
Christianity came from Jesus himself.  Most people over look that he was an actual person. Christianity, as well as Islam, were created by living people. They aren't really random stories, you know.
Well the old testament was made way before Christ, considering that it's pretty much the Jewish holy book. Plus, all of these stories were told by word of mouth, so yeah. It was like when I was little and all of us little kids used to play telephone.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #309 on: February 01, 2007, 07:06:52 PM »
I'm Not Exactly Catholic. The rest of my family is Catholic, but I don't actually do or believe in much Catholic stuff. I believe in the concept of God, but that's mostly it.
every

Print