wheel of fortune
5 (17.9%)
who wants to be a millionaire
5 (17.9%)
I LOVE ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!
3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Print

Author Topic: Favorite TV game show  (Read 7499 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 09:41:05 PM »
I like the Japanese game shows where contestants have to run obstacle courses.  Now those are "game shows". 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 10:45:39 PM »
Game shows are great, especially when they pick a wrong answer and you're shouting at the TV screen "That's WRONG! YOU'RE SO STUPID!!!!!"
I like all kinds of Game Shows, like Win Ben Stein's Money, Match Game, and whatever else comes on GSN. I don't really feel like voting for one right now though.

Ha!  I love making fun of bad-answering contestants too! 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 01:39:31 AM »
I like the Japanese game shows where contestants have to run obstacle courses.  Now those are "game shows". 
You mean like MXC? That show's awesome.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »
As to say: is Big Brother your favourite tv show?

Yes,i like doing nothing while I'm watching some people doing nothing. It's amusant.

Who wants to be a millionaire????!!!!

I want to be a millionaire!

It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 12:44:02 PM »
Of course, the best part of Family Feud is watching people give absolutely ridiculous responses to questions. Some from nerves/pressure, some just because the contestant isn't the brightest lightbulb in the studio. I remember one particular Fast Money instance where the question was "Name an animal with a 3 letter name (dog? cat? emu?)" and the responses were "alligator" and "frog". No, really.

That reminds me of this one time...
"What month does a pregnant woman start to show?"
"September!"
*Uproarious laughter*
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 01:21:56 PM »
Awesome! I'm smart, eccentric, and can be funny under the right circumstances. And I'll be rich enough once my career as an actuary pans out. Ok, not Ben Stein rich, but whatever.

My favorite has to be the guy who answered "Turkey" on three successive questions on the British version of Family Feud. It was funny because the first answer was notably bad, but the next two questions actually made sense with Turkey as an answer. Hahaha.

As for Price is Right, a simple formula for determining your likelihood of getting selected for the show is:

1/m if you are in one of the eight largest groups of people with the same shirt on, m = the number of people in your group
1/n if you are not, n = the number of people in the audience who are not in such a group

Since m is likely to be much smaller than n, I recommend you bring about 20 or so friends and make a cheap T-shirt about the benefits of spaying and neutering your pets before you go. Favorite Price is Right clip ever was someone bidding on something, I'm not sure what it was, but I think its value was between 1000-1500, and this old lady bids "7 thousand 5-o-3"

"Are you sure you dn't mean seven HUNDRED fifty three?"

"No. 7 thousand 5-o-3."

MXC is a good show to watch, although I can do without the attempts to be funny in the dubbing. I'd like to see a correctly dubbed (or better, subtitled) version of the show that those clips are taken from, though. THAT would be hilarious. Like almost every Japanese game show.
~I.S.~

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 01:54:24 PM »
Favorite Price is Right clip ever was someone bidding on something, I'm not sure what it was, but I think its value was between 1000-1500, and this old lady bids "7 thousand 5-o-3"

"Are you sure you dn't mean seven HUNDRED fifty three?"

"No. 7 thousand 5-o-3."

I saw the same thing happen last week on "The Price Is Right Million Dollar Spectacular" (well maybe it was a little different...but it was close enough) where this one person was bidding on a showcase that was around 90,000 dollars and she bid about 60some thousand dollars.Sadly she lost :(

Mod edit: When quoting a long post, please remove all text irrelevant to your post. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 02:00:36 PM by Insane Steve »
I see poop.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 01:59:36 PM »
Na, they're two completely different things... to me, at least.

Bidding, say, $65,000 on a $90,000 showcase is about as bad, proportionally, as an $18,000 bid on a $25,000 showcase. Which happens more often than it should.

My example is like someone bidding $500,000 on the showcase you mentioned.

But, ya, terrible, terrible guesses can be hilarious sometimes.
~I.S.~

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 03:21:28 PM »
Hollywood Squares are funny.  I don't like The Price is Right because I was rooting for Happy Gilmore in that fight.  I watch Jeopardy sometimes, and the only fun part is when you actually know an answer to one of the questions, which doesn't happen that often for me... mostly because I haven't watched it in a while.  I also used to like that Nickelodeon game show, Figure It Out.  Back when I was younger and they aired that show.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 04:04:55 PM »
MXC is a good show to watch, although I can do without the attempts to be funny in the dubbing. I'd like to see a correctly dubbed (or better, subtitled) version of the show that those clips are taken from, though. THAT would be hilarious. Like almost every Japanese game show.

Right you are, Steve.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 04:55:36 PM »
I love The Price Is Right.  It's why I wake up before 2:00 during days off.  I'll usually watch Jeopardy! during dinner.  I like it a lot more now that I can get the questions right more often.  Before, when all the information went over my head and I was younger, I liked Wheel Of Fortune just because I knew the letters of the alphabet.  So much easier.  Not that I don't know the letters now...  Family Fued is pretty good, more now with Richard Karn.  And then there's something about seeing fools getting bent and bruised, then thrown in mud that just makes me smile.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 12:46:49 AM »
It's not realy a game show but when I was about eight I liked Amazing...

Now (Amazing's not on any more) I like Wheel of Fortune... The old one any way ( I haven't seen the new one yet).
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 12:59:59 AM »
What I don't like about Jeopardy! is the fact that none of the 2nd and 3rd place contestants don't get to keep their earnings. They're only given about 1,000-2,000 dollars (which'll just turn into airfare if you don't live in California) and gloating rights.

Now, Wheel of Fortune, though easier, everyone gets to keep their earnings, and if a person who scored 3rd place won a trip in one of the rounds, they still are going to go on that trip.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 07:57:42 PM »
What about Distraction? I love that show, expecially when a contestant has to blow up one of their prizes if they get a question wrong. But the whole idea behind that show is hillarious anyways; annoy people profusley why they try to answer questions. 
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 08:35:55 PM »
When I changed the channel to that, they had to try and do an obstacle course with nudists...Then I changed the channel again.

Print