Print

Author Topic: Favorite item from a non-Mario video game  (Read 4773 times)

« on: February 20, 2006, 01:15:56 PM »
 What is your favorite non-Mario video game item? Since there are so many of them I couldn't really make a poll out of this topic.
I see poop.

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 04:21:17 PM »
Ahem, what is yours?

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 04:25:17 PM »
I liked the astericks from NES's Star Tropics.  Astericks are shooting-star type weapons that you fire in pairs.  Pressing the fire button once launches a pair (stuck together) in one direction; while they're flying, pressing the fire button again causes the pair to split, and the two astericks fly off in opposite directions.  In one boss battle of the game, you could only hit the boss by firing astericks and then splitting them when they reached the top of the screen.   It's a crazy battle, because after firing the pair you still have to control your character, at the bottom of the screen, to avoid getting hit.  So you have to watch two areas at once - the bottom of the screen, to control your character, and the top of the screen, to get the timing right to split the astericks.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 05:46:57 PM »
I always liked the piledriver technique in Kirby's adventure.  It added a little more to the other moves that just blew the enemies up.  Or the UFO, which was cool. 
Why do I need to show the work to my math problems, so long as I get the right answer every time?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 06:31:03 PM »
Fierce Deity's Mask from LoZ: Majora's Mask
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 08:17:22 PM »
I always liked the piledriver technique in Kirby's adventure.  It added a little more to the other moves that just blew the enemies up.  Or the UFO, which was cool. 

I am glad to know that the piledriver technique is an item.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 08:32:19 PM »

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 08:41:36 PM »
Oh yay! The Boomerang. I wouldn't say it's my FAVORITE, but it is up there. I actually like the longshotthe most because I always wondered how all of that chain fit into that little ball-spring-loaded thinggy.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 08:44:21 PM by Koopaslaya »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Sqrt2

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 03:19:05 AM »
The Golden Sword from Zelda:Alttp because it leathers everything.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 06:54:20 PM »
You asked what I like? Does DK 64 count? cause if it does i really liked DK's bongos. I actually got that game in like 5th grade and made some bongos out of coffee cans for music class that resembled his. Good times. Good times.
I see poop.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 10:49:37 PM »
Here are a few items that make me very thankful, from Zelda games:

Light arrows in Wind Waker, no doubt. One arrow can kill the strongest of enemies, and that is just like...wow.

Fierce Diety Mask from Majora's Mask, as Kojinka said. That is the coolest single thing in that game...besides the little chicks in the cucoo hut. (They're so cute!)

Power braclets in Link's Awakening. They aren't really that good, but it got really annoying how if you walked up to a large stone, it would always say "This looks pretty heavy, you wont be able to lift it with just your bear hands." After I've read that for the billionth time in one day, I feel like smashing my Game Boy to the ground, so that's where the power braclets come in.

The bait in Wind Waker, because I like talking to that fish that says "'hoy small fry!".

Fully restored Master Sword in Wind Waker; I just like the fell of it.

Megaton hammer in OoT, which is extra fun to use against the boss in the Fire Temple...it's like whack-a-mole!

That's about it.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 11:18:31 PM »
Heh, I just got done fighting Volvagia about an hour ago.
I like... the Hook/longshot too. It's a useful weapon and a great item. I also like using it to kill tose giant pig bears at the sacred forest meadow... the sound they make upon dying is so funny.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 11:23:32 PM »
I like Din's Fire a lot. It's fun messing with the giant keese in Lon Lon Ranch. ^_^

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 12:18:25 AM »
Halo 1 pistol.

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 12:55:39 AM »
Either rocket launcher in Metal Slug 3 or Floyd in Jet Force Gemini

Print