Print

Author Topic: Where will you be 5 years from now?  (Read 12835 times)

« on: March 19, 2006, 11:28:31 PM »
Because this forum is in DIRE need of interesting threads...

Exactly what the title asks, what do you think you'll be doing 1,826 days from now?

Me, I'll be in my fourth year of college, most likely majoring in Japanese, and minoring in Music and English, and working towards a Bachelor's.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 11:53:42 PM »
Capital idea for a thread.

I believe I will have long since graduated from high school, and would be attempting to get a job in the computer industry, hopefully writing in spare time and keeping in touch with my best friends from school.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 12:22:44 AM »
That goes for me, too. Minus the "friends" from high school.

On a lighter note, I should also be traveling more!

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 01:11:23 AM »
Hmm... Five years?
The eleventh gade is what my life is all about, studying Spanish and trying to get a college that specializes in video game design. Yeah.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 04:35:33 AM »
I'd be in my senior year in high school, probably still focusing on my band and matters such as that.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 07:49:59 AM »
5 years means adulthood for me, I do beleive I'd be in college at the time, I started reading very well at an early age and can guess some harder words without flaw sometimes, so I don't think there will be a problem there, but math-wise, I'm not really sure, I guess it depends on the work though, because in some case I'm really good in math, but not too good with it overall.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 10:13:14 AM »
I'll probably be in my third year at an animation university, while running some online comic, possibly because I've always wanted to do that, or possibly for a project. I wanna take a year off after graduating high school so I can save up money for when I finally move out and so I don't end up a poor bum in case my plans fail but my parents are against me taking a year off.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 01:39:32 PM by Mr. Wiggles »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 11:38:03 AM »
5 years? Well, I'll be out of college in a couple months and moving to Calgary, so if all goes well, I"ll have a job with Bioware and maybe even get married. I'm not sure, a lot can happen in 5 short years.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 11:56:36 AM »
5 years. It will be one year after I get my Bachelor's Degree.

Best case scenario: Employers in the actuarial field take note of my ability to do well on exams, as well as my accomplishments in college. After overcoming (somewhat) my ineptitude with people to do well enough in an interview to land an internship sometime in 2007, I land a full-time, rather well paying career as an actuary before I graduate. I hope to have my first five exams passed (about half of what is required to be a full member of the Society of Actuaries). Success in my field of study yields increased self-confidence and much higher self-esteem, and I manage to again overcome my inability to empathize with others and start a reasonably meaningful relationship with someone. I highly, highly doubt I will be married in 5 years.

Worst case scenario: Despite my academic successes, I fail to land an internship due to a complete inability to interview and speak will with potential employers, even after 2 years and 3 passed exams. My self-confidence completely falters, and my senior year of college is wrecked by depression, causing me to lose any interest in finding a job, a girlfriend (or any friends for that matter), or even do anything with myself. I find myself taking menial, unskilled jobs just to support myself, and I eventually just become unable to function and wind up in a mental institution for a period of time. Granted, even after this hard crash, there may be a chance for me to reverse all this and pick myself back up. We'll see.

Alternative worst case scenario: Sometime in the next five years, my somewhat self-destructive habits catch up to me and I die of something. That, or I die in an accident that I had absolutely no role in starting.

Right now, things are leaning toward the former outcome in my mind, especially considering how poorly my "competition" is doing in their interest theory classes (which is probably the easiest topic to grasp in the actuarial profession), how outstanding my accomplishments in college have been thus far, and that I'm finally starting to figure out how to meet people with common interests. Anyone who thinks I'm joking with the "worst case" outcome obviously does not know me as well as (s)he thinks.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 11:58:10 AM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 12:46:32 PM »
I'll be somewhere in the future. At 19 I'll be driving to dollar stores all over the place, and I'll probably have a job... maybe at a dollar store. Those dollars will pile up and get me some video games, of course. No more waiting till Christmas...
I'll also be in college. Most likely no college near here, some college somewhere else. I'll say it again, I don't want to live in this forsaken community anymore.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 12:48:36 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 12:50:33 PM »
I will be at college somwhere, at a good university.  Far away from this deserted spit they call land. Well anyway, I don't exactly know if I will have a job, maybe work at a fast food place, working off my college funds.

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 04:08:09 PM »
I'll be 21, so I'll be in college. Hopefully TCU, studying Music or Theology. I might even wrestle, but it's doubtful.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 05:49:14 PM »
In five years, there's about a 1 in 3 chance I'll be sleeping.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 06:37:37 PM »
In 5 years, I'll be flippin' pattiees to pay for college.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 06:56:07 PM »
In 5 years, I'll probably be going through my 4th year of college.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print