Print

Author Topic: Where will you be 5 years from now?  (Read 12960 times)

« on: March 19, 2006, 11:28:31 PM »
Because this forum is in DIRE need of interesting threads...

Exactly what the title asks, what do you think you'll be doing 1,826 days from now?

Me, I'll be in my fourth year of college, most likely majoring in Japanese, and minoring in Music and English, and working towards a Bachelor's.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 11:53:42 PM »
Capital idea for a thread.

I believe I will have long since graduated from high school, and would be attempting to get a job in the computer industry, hopefully writing in spare time and keeping in touch with my best friends from school.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 12:22:44 AM »
That goes for me, too. Minus the "friends" from high school.

On a lighter note, I should also be traveling more!

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 01:11:23 AM »
Hmm... Five years?
The eleventh gade is what my life is all about, studying Spanish and trying to get a college that specializes in video game design. Yeah.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 04:35:33 AM »
I'd be in my senior year in high school, probably still focusing on my band and matters such as that.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 07:49:59 AM »
5 years means adulthood for me, I do beleive I'd be in college at the time, I started reading very well at an early age and can guess some harder words without flaw sometimes, so I don't think there will be a problem there, but math-wise, I'm not really sure, I guess it depends on the work though, because in some case I'm really good in math, but not too good with it overall.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 10:13:14 AM »
I'll probably be in my third year at an animation university, while running some online comic, possibly because I've always wanted to do that, or possibly for a project. I wanna take a year off after graduating high school so I can save up money for when I finally move out and so I don't end up a poor bum in case my plans fail but my parents are against me taking a year off.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 01:39:32 PM by Mr. Wiggles »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 11:38:03 AM »
5 years? Well, I'll be out of college in a couple months and moving to Calgary, so if all goes well, I"ll have a job with Bioware and maybe even get married. I'm not sure, a lot can happen in 5 short years.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 11:56:36 AM »
5 years. It will be one year after I get my Bachelor's Degree.

Best case scenario: Employers in the actuarial field take note of my ability to do well on exams, as well as my accomplishments in college. After overcoming (somewhat) my ineptitude with people to do well enough in an interview to land an internship sometime in 2007, I land a full-time, rather well paying career as an actuary before I graduate. I hope to have my first five exams passed (about half of what is required to be a full member of the Society of Actuaries). Success in my field of study yields increased self-confidence and much higher self-esteem, and I manage to again overcome my inability to empathize with others and start a reasonably meaningful relationship with someone. I highly, highly doubt I will be married in 5 years.

Worst case scenario: Despite my academic successes, I fail to land an internship due to a complete inability to interview and speak will with potential employers, even after 2 years and 3 passed exams. My self-confidence completely falters, and my senior year of college is wrecked by depression, causing me to lose any interest in finding a job, a girlfriend (or any friends for that matter), or even do anything with myself. I find myself taking menial, unskilled jobs just to support myself, and I eventually just become unable to function and wind up in a mental institution for a period of time. Granted, even after this hard crash, there may be a chance for me to reverse all this and pick myself back up. We'll see.

Alternative worst case scenario: Sometime in the next five years, my somewhat self-destructive habits catch up to me and I die of something. That, or I die in an accident that I had absolutely no role in starting.

Right now, things are leaning toward the former outcome in my mind, especially considering how poorly my "competition" is doing in their interest theory classes (which is probably the easiest topic to grasp in the actuarial profession), how outstanding my accomplishments in college have been thus far, and that I'm finally starting to figure out how to meet people with common interests. Anyone who thinks I'm joking with the "worst case" outcome obviously does not know me as well as (s)he thinks.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 11:58:10 AM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 12:46:32 PM »
I'll be somewhere in the future. At 19 I'll be driving to dollar stores all over the place, and I'll probably have a job... maybe at a dollar store. Those dollars will pile up and get me some video games, of course. No more waiting till Christmas...
I'll also be in college. Most likely no college near here, some college somewhere else. I'll say it again, I don't want to live in this forsaken community anymore.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 12:48:36 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 12:50:33 PM »
I will be at college somwhere, at a good university.  Far away from this deserted spit they call land. Well anyway, I don't exactly know if I will have a job, maybe work at a fast food place, working off my college funds.

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 04:08:09 PM »
I'll be 21, so I'll be in college. Hopefully TCU, studying Music or Theology. I might even wrestle, but it's doubtful.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 05:49:14 PM »
In five years, there's about a 1 in 3 chance I'll be sleeping.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 06:37:37 PM »
In 5 years, I'll be flippin' pattiees to pay for college.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 06:56:07 PM »
In 5 years, I'll probably be going through my 4th year of college.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 07:17:28 PM »
Wow... 5 years... I'll be 24 1/2 exactly.
I honestly have no idea where my life will be then.

Ideally, I'll have gotten my Bachelor's Degree, but I really don't know. It's very possible I'll still be aiming for that, or I might be working toward a Master's, or starting a career, or, well, who knows?
Whether I'll be single, in a relationship, or even married (x_X), I don't know.
Where I'll be living, I don't know.
Heck, I still don't know where I want to go to college, and I'm IN college. XD

I'm really interested in psychology, and I find sociology interesting, as well. Anymore, I imagine I'll be majoring or have majored in psych and/or be doing something in that related field.

A lot can happen in 5 years. Looking back 5 years ago, I wouldn't've even fathomed most of the things that've happened in my life since then. Even within the past year, my life (introspectively or my mentality or something) has changed dramatically. 5 years seems so far away, but at the same time, just around the corner. It's...creepy.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 07:28:41 PM »
It is kind of scary thinking that I might be a driving, bearded man who works at a dollar store to pay for video games in 5 years. I hope my SNES doesn't break within the next 5 years... I hope Mario still exists in Nintendo's programming rooms in 5 years. Or forever, that's another good option. Maybe in 5 years Shigeru Miyamoto will become the king of the world!! It's all a mystery...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 10:12:51 PM »
I'll be 19, in my first year of college and I'd be with friends with some similiar interests as me. I'd also be taking an art class, which would push me into making an online comic( I did'nt mean to take your dream, Mr. Wiggles, I just like the idea, because I've been making my own comics when I was younger and I've wanted to republish them before they're forgotten ) or a cartoon of some sort. ( Well, not really a cartoon, I'd give it an anime style, so it would'nt actually be a plain cartoon. )By then the Rev would just be gathering dust in my closet...0_o

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 12:21:56 AM »
Gathering du-WHAT? The GameCube came out 5 years ago, I got mine Christmas 2002, it's still alive and with us today. It has mild Alzheimers (sp...?) at times, but I'm confident the Revolution will be less vulnerable to dust.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 12:26:19 AM »
In 5 years...I'll be 18 years old, in college. I guess I'll have a job and I'll still be in my native California. I'll visit the Fungi Forums often. I guess I'll still have my gamecube and I'll have my dream car.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 12:34:32 AM »
Hopefully, I'll still be on TMK.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 12:34:53 AM »
Why would I stop being a FF member?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 10:18:48 AM »
I'll be 19, in my first year of college and I'd be with friends with some similiar interests as me. I'd also be taking an art class, which would push me into making an online comic( I did'nt mean to take your dream, Mr. Wiggles, I just like the idea, because I've been making my own comics when I was younger and I've wanted to republish them before they're forgotten ) or a cartoon of some sort. ( Well, not really a cartoon, I'd give it an anime style, so it would'nt actually be a plain cartoon. )By then the Rev would just be gathering dust in my closet...0_o

Exactly the same reason I've been wanting to make an online comic. Besides, you're not stealing my dream, we just share the same one.

And I also want to one day have my own cartoon, hopefully on Cartoon Network since Nickelodeon would probably milk it until it can't keep going and then cancel it when the ratings start to slip even a tiny bit.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 11:27:21 AM »
I'd be a freshman in college. Which one, I cannot say.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 03:04:47 PM »
I'll be running TMK, making tons of money off it, and looking forward to the new Nintendo console, the Nintendo Fantasy.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 05:53:09 PM »
You'll have a full-time job if everything goes according to my dream.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 07:54:33 PM »
Well I'll be at Harvard!!! LOL

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 04:54:52 AM »
in 5 years i'll be somewhere in the future...maybe still playing with some nintendo games...

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 09:59:52 PM »
About five years from now, I will be very happy...around my friends again and I probably will be married or getting ready to be. :) yay! I can't wait.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 11:16:23 PM »
I hope to be touring the nation as part of as the drummer for a big-time band.

That, or I hope to be involved in some sort of writing career, whether it be for my state's newspaper, or for my cartoon show I am currently planning to kick off with a movie. (A crazy dream spawned from a character I created 6 years ago.)

My third option is a sportscaster, possibly a Sportscenter reporter, or a play-by-play guy for baseball or football. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 11:38:12 PM »
Fives years, hm? Seems so short, but so long...

I'll be following my dream of becoming a famous guitarist, then aim for THE best. I hope to be on stage, screaming fans, and see my mother and father in the audience smiling at me. As a alternate career, I'll be a photographer, photographing nature and portraits. I've also thought a lot about being a good chef-- mabey for a Japanese steak house or something. You know, the places where your food is cooked right on your table. They do tricks of all sorts. It's amazing... XP

I hope to be married, but I'd rather not share this kind of thing with the Fungi Forums right now.

I have always dreamt of living in Hawaii. Although I have never even been there, I've heard so much from my friend. Everything she says is just "It is so beautiful... Like nothing you've seen before." Though it seems impossible, there is a few places where it is just plain ugly. Like the volcano eruption areas... all black and hot... -_-;

In order to fulfil all of my dreams, I will, of course, have to start off simple. I'm thinking of just moving out to Hawaii as soon as I am eighteen. Then I'll probably attend a college there and get a part-time job as a chef or waitress.

I'd really like to see my friend follow his dream of owning his own chain of five-star hotels. It sounds so interesting. It also fits him very well-- he is a very smart 'business' person. If he keeps it up in AP honor classes with strait A's, I'm sure I'll hear his name on the TV sometime. ^_^ I really care about him, so I try to help him. To tell you the truth, he's already starting the managing! ...And he's only a junior in high school!

Sapphira: You really need to start thinking about the rest of your life. If you don't even know what you want to be/do, you HAVE to get help. You're 19-and-a-half right now, so you need to start discussing these things with your parents. Of course, find something you're good at, and research careers online. That goes for others, too. START THINKING ABOUT YOUR LIFE EARLY.

To rap this up, I am already fulfilling one dream: being the best that I can be.

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2006, 12:05:49 AM »
Wow, 5 years is hard for me to think of right now.  A junior in college, majoring in...though it's kinda dorky...Game development.  I hope I'm doing well in college, not screwing around, barely passing the courses.  I probably found people to finally act in my movie, though I would rather have people I know than just asking random people.  I'd like to stay friends with the people I know now, excluding a few.  I can't really see much other than that; I don't know what I would like to do if I don't go into development, and I can't think of specifics.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Jman

• Score
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2006, 07:52:10 AM »
This crazy thought just entered my head.  What if Khold and I met up as members of the same band?  That would be something.

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2006, 08:55:27 AM »
Hmmm, 5 years from now, I'll be living in Florida and Ill be in my fourth year of High School. (Don't know the name of the year but thinking Senior.)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2006, 01:27:48 PM »
Sapphira: You really need to start thinking about the rest of your life. If you don't even know what you want to be/do, you HAVE to get help. You're 19-and-a-half right now, so you need to start discussing these things with your parents. Of course, find something you're good at, and research careers online. That goes for others, too. START THINKING ABOUT YOUR LIFE EARLY.

Honestly, a LOT of people my age really don't know what they want to do with their lives. (Heck, my parents have even said they still don't know what they want to "be when they grow up.") A few years ago, I thought I knew exactly what it was I wanted. The more years have passed, the less sure I am. I really don't know what my future will be, and I actually DO have ideas of what I would LIKE it to be, but things change and don't always go as planned, so I'm being realistic and simplistic. I'm developing an open mind, and I think it's a good thing that I don't have my future planned out in stone.

Another way to put it is that whatever it is my future will be, I want it to be what GOD wants for me, not what I personally want, because I know and trust that whatever his plans are, they're the best possible ones and will be the most fulfilling and impacting. I don't want to waste my time doing something I *thought* I wanted to do, and then suddenly realize, "No, this is wrong for me." While I'm starting to gather a vague idea of what my future might be, I'm taking one day at a time and focusing on the present. I'll worry about the future when it comes, and trust him then, too.

So of COURSE I've started thinking about my future. But my plans don't really matter and will probably change anyway. It really bugs me that even in high school they wanted everyone to map out their entire futures. How can a 15-year-old freshman possibly know EXACTLY, PERFECTLY what they want to do? Most don't, and most who do end up changing their plans anyway. I think college is a nice time to figure out what it really is you want to do in life, and that's what I'm doing. Anyone who's known me really well would know that I'm not a "go with the flow" kind of person, so me going with the flow---especially with the scary unknown of the future--and not having step-by-step mapped out plans is a big step for me. I don't want my whole life planned out for me all at once.

I know your intentions were good, Khold, but I'm kind of offended. For the first time, I'm seeing things in a different light, and it's blowing my mind. I don't want to be put in a box with all these things society says you "have to do" in order to be happy and successful. Usually society has it backwards anyway, from what I've seen.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2006, 02:10:21 PM »
Funny thing is, I'm afraid my plans for the future may be TOO rigid.

Then again, my thought processes yield very rigid plans, so... ya.

In high school, even SENIOR YEAR, my plans were radically different than they are now, just a year later. I wanted to be an engineer with a mathematics dual major a year ago. Now, I want to be an actuary with a dual major in statistics. Funny how things can change.
~I.S.~

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2006, 03:15:05 PM »
I know your intentions were good, Khold, but I'm kind of offended. For the first time, I'm seeing things in a different light, and it's blowing my mind. I don't want to be put in a box with all these things society says you "have to do" in order to be happy and successful. Usually society has it backwards anyway, from what I've seen.
I apologize if I seemed offending, but I was trying to help you get motivated for making plans for the rest of your life. I know you HAVE started, but by what you said earlier, I thought you meant you had no idea what you were going to do. I also didn't get what you meant by "I don't even know what college I want to go to, and I'm IN college!"

You and I may have different opinions on how early people should get started with the rest of your life, but I can see your point too. A backup statement I have is that my old friend who is thirty right now made the mistake of sitting at home to late and missed the time to go to college. Now he doesn't even have a job right now because nobody will accept him without a better education. He still lives with his parents and has no self-esteem.

Again, I was trying to warn you to get started as early as possible. But now I see that you have, so I apologize for the past statement.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2006, 09:14:13 PM »
Wow, I never expected such an interesting debate to emerge from a topic created by Vidgmchtr. Mad Props to Vid-man.

Anyway, I would like to say that I agree with Sapph. It is so hard to know what you want to do with life when you are in high school. I am a junior and I have no idea of what is going on. Sure, I'll pick a college, but what happens ther I will have no idea. My major may change many times. And when I'm an aduly, I'll still be very confused with WHAT I want to do with my education.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2006, 09:35:26 PM »
I don't know what I want to do for the rest of my life. I hope to do something productive, I've considered forensic stuff--where you study DNA and fibers to solve crimes & such. But that won't happen within 5, or even 10 years.
I hope I'll have some sort of flash by then. I'm going to try to put the Armless Elf Cop online (I took the Nazi part out because it's a bit offending), and all I've got is Windows Movie Maker. That IS sufficient for what I'll be starting out with--scanning a lot of old comics I made over the last (gosh it's been) 3 years, cutting them by panels, and adding sound clips. In 5 years, I'll run out of space on Tripod for that.
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2006, 10:50:38 PM »
At one point, roughly 6 to 10 years ago, I was like "PROGRAMMING!" then I was like "BLEH" and then I was like "I DON'T KNOW!" then I was like "MY MOM CONVINCED ME TO GO TO COLLEGE!" Somewhere along the way, I decided music was the thing I did best. In five years, I'd rather like to be living in a loft downtown, with my music degree and possibly having gone to do graduate work in music and possibly studies of acoustics, as well as possibly something in linguistics. I'd like to be sitting around with lots of computers and instruments with which to make music, composing and having an adequate source of income in a music-related venture. It would be nice to be married to the girl whom I have known since before I have many conscious memories, but that's not something I have control over.
That was a joke.

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2006, 10:49:04 AM »
Gathering du-WHAT? The GameCube came out 5 years ago, I got mine Christmas 2002, it's still alive and with us today. It has mild Alzheimers (sp...?) at times, but I'm confident the Revolution will be less vulnerable to dust.

Then again, I take that back. I still play my Nintendo 64, after all.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2006, 05:36:40 PM »
Ah...the N64. I still haven't beaten freaking Perfect Dark, and I got it when it came out!

Ahem. In 5 years, I see myself rolling in dough because of my four famous movies, Citizen Pain, Ninjas vs. Pirates, Dawn of the Zombies and CyberLepreClaw, which made me rich. Rich, I tells ya! Hahahaha!
every

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2006, 05:40:19 PM »
I still play my Super Nintendo sometimes.

My GameCube collected dust even when I played it every day.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2006, 09:23:37 PM »
I play my Super Nintendo more than anything else. I also play my NES a lot.
That was a joke.

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2006, 02:46:21 PM »
Where will I be in 5 years? Hmm... that is a tough question. In 5 years I will prolly be dead or in jail from killing a drink and then tryin' to run from the po-po. Haha! Only kiddin. Hopefully in 5 years I will be in my 4th year of college and then on my way to being a history teacher. That's a big dream right there.
I see poop.

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2006, 03:59:08 PM »
Killing a drink?

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2006, 04:01:27 PM »
5 years from now, I want to be moved out of my parents house, possibly married, and going back to school.

Currently, I'm working on getting out of my parents' house (I'm just on the computer right now, trying to get the nerve up to go and tell these people I want to move into an apartment), and getting married (we are engaged! the wedding will likely be about this time next year, if all goes well).

About going back to schoool, though.. that's a tough one. I thought at one time I wanted to be a game programmer, but the thought of sitting behind a computer all day, typing lines of code just doesn't appeal to me.

I do want to try and get into the gaming business, though. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2006, 04:36:25 PM »
"Killing a drink" is slang for chugging down a beer. Mario_luigifan104 used the wrong term.

That was well said, Toad. But what do you mean by "possibly married?" Of course you will be! ^_^ I also thought once when I was little about being a video game programmer. But then I thought of what Toad just said. There isn't really a job in game programing that isn't 'boring'. Creating graphics takes a LONG time; Programing controls is hard; Designing sound files takes a long time; Even thinking up a great idea for a game is hard work. It seems laid back when you think about it a little, but think about it a lot more and you'll see. XD

I remember when I was ten-years-old I wanted to be a mime. One day a mime came to our school to put on a little show, and I loved it! Then next year in 6th grade I took theater arts just to learn to be one. I practiced a lot at home, showed off my moves(nah, they weren't that great), etc. When I reached the end of 6th grade though, I found out how low of a job it is. Then I just got bored of it.

The funny thing is, is that I haven't really figured out which college I'll go to. I've had my eye on two in Hawaii, though. I've talked to my parents about it, and they say they see me being a guitarist for a band-- exactly what I'd hope to be. So of course I'll be taking a major in guitars or music in general. Then probably a cooking class(not home-ed, I mean a chef).

I just started saving money for my car a few months ago. I'm saving 30% of all my earnings a week for a Mustang 05 convertible. That is my favorite car, and I plan on getting it when I move out to Hawaii. After that, I'll live in an apartment with a progressing job in a restaurant career. Mabey I'll have a band at that time, so it would make it easier. When I save enough money, I'll move into a custom home near the beach. I'll be like AC/DC! XD I have always wanted to learn to water surf, but we never got enough vacation time to where I could take lessons. I have learned to snowboard well, though. I only snowboard on Christmas break, though I haven't been since 2004...

Of course I won't stop playing Nintendo. I grew up with Mario, and I will never leave him!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2006, 12:29:32 PM »
I won't stop playing video games, of course. I'll be playing MORE, since I'll have a job and can pay for them myself instead of waiting until Christmas.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2006, 12:36:23 PM »
I don't know what I'll be doing. I probably will never post in the Fungi Forums again, because I'll have forgotten about it. I mean, before now when was the last time I posted anything?
My life, as a squirrel.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2006, 01:24:55 PM »
I won't stop playing video games, of course. I'll be playing MORE, since I'll have a job and can pay for them myself instead of waiting until Christmas.

Funny. I thought the exact same thing 5 years ago when I was your age. I rarely play video games anymore. Except for the occasional SNES nostalgia run. Thanks, college.
~I.S.~

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2006, 01:53:03 PM »

Funny. I thought the exact same thing 5 years ago when I was your age. I play video games way more nowadays. Except for the occasional splurge of schoolwork. Thanks, college.

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2006, 12:13:16 AM »
It took me 2 minutes to realize that LD's post was the exact opposite of Steve's.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2006, 09:14:02 PM »
Yeah, I still play my SNES a lot.  Ah, those nostalgia runs.  I'm still trying to beat LOZ: A Link to the Past.  My other file got erased, so I had to start a new one.

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2006, 04:41:37 PM »
It's sad, the only Nintendo product that I have is an SP.  The only other time I play anything else is when I go to Bird Person's house.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2006, 05:25:04 PM »
You still want my GameCube? Because, you know, if my future Revolution plays the old disc of PMTTYD (I think it's just the Gamecube having problems), you'll be a very happy guy... If that's the case, you can have the 4x memory card, PMTTYD(new, works with GC disc) Mario Party 4, Mario Kart: Double Dash, and the Gameboy player. If the old disc still doesn't work on the REV, I'll have to keep the new one. If you don't want it, some eBay shopper will... and I might miss MKDD and MP4, so I can't sell those in that I can never play them again.
It's YOUR problem!

Print