Print

Author Topic: Where will you be 5 years from now?  (Read 12832 times)

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 11:38:12 PM »
Fives years, hm? Seems so short, but so long...

I'll be following my dream of becoming a famous guitarist, then aim for THE best. I hope to be on stage, screaming fans, and see my mother and father in the audience smiling at me. As a alternate career, I'll be a photographer, photographing nature and portraits. I've also thought a lot about being a good chef-- mabey for a Japanese steak house or something. You know, the places where your food is cooked right on your table. They do tricks of all sorts. It's amazing... XP

I hope to be married, but I'd rather not share this kind of thing with the Fungi Forums right now.

I have always dreamt of living in Hawaii. Although I have never even been there, I've heard so much from my friend. Everything she says is just "It is so beautiful... Like nothing you've seen before." Though it seems impossible, there is a few places where it is just plain ugly. Like the volcano eruption areas... all black and hot... -_-;

In order to fulfil all of my dreams, I will, of course, have to start off simple. I'm thinking of just moving out to Hawaii as soon as I am eighteen. Then I'll probably attend a college there and get a part-time job as a chef or waitress.

I'd really like to see my friend follow his dream of owning his own chain of five-star hotels. It sounds so interesting. It also fits him very well-- he is a very smart 'business' person. If he keeps it up in AP honor classes with strait A's, I'm sure I'll hear his name on the TV sometime. ^_^ I really care about him, so I try to help him. To tell you the truth, he's already starting the managing! ...And he's only a junior in high school!

Sapphira: You really need to start thinking about the rest of your life. If you don't even know what you want to be/do, you HAVE to get help. You're 19-and-a-half right now, so you need to start discussing these things with your parents. Of course, find something you're good at, and research careers online. That goes for others, too. START THINKING ABOUT YOUR LIFE EARLY.

To rap this up, I am already fulfilling one dream: being the best that I can be.

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2006, 12:05:49 AM »
Wow, 5 years is hard for me to think of right now.  A junior in college, majoring in...though it's kinda dorky...Game development.  I hope I'm doing well in college, not screwing around, barely passing the courses.  I probably found people to finally act in my movie, though I would rather have people I know than just asking random people.  I'd like to stay friends with the people I know now, excluding a few.  I can't really see much other than that; I don't know what I would like to do if I don't go into development, and I can't think of specifics.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Jman

• Score
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2006, 07:52:10 AM »
This crazy thought just entered my head.  What if Khold and I met up as members of the same band?  That would be something.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2006, 08:55:27 AM »
Hmmm, 5 years from now, I'll be living in Florida and Ill be in my fourth year of High School. (Don't know the name of the year but thinking Senior.)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2006, 01:27:48 PM »
Sapphira: You really need to start thinking about the rest of your life. If you don't even know what you want to be/do, you HAVE to get help. You're 19-and-a-half right now, so you need to start discussing these things with your parents. Of course, find something you're good at, and research careers online. That goes for others, too. START THINKING ABOUT YOUR LIFE EARLY.

Honestly, a LOT of people my age really don't know what they want to do with their lives. (Heck, my parents have even said they still don't know what they want to "be when they grow up.") A few years ago, I thought I knew exactly what it was I wanted. The more years have passed, the less sure I am. I really don't know what my future will be, and I actually DO have ideas of what I would LIKE it to be, but things change and don't always go as planned, so I'm being realistic and simplistic. I'm developing an open mind, and I think it's a good thing that I don't have my future planned out in stone.

Another way to put it is that whatever it is my future will be, I want it to be what GOD wants for me, not what I personally want, because I know and trust that whatever his plans are, they're the best possible ones and will be the most fulfilling and impacting. I don't want to waste my time doing something I *thought* I wanted to do, and then suddenly realize, "No, this is wrong for me." While I'm starting to gather a vague idea of what my future might be, I'm taking one day at a time and focusing on the present. I'll worry about the future when it comes, and trust him then, too.

So of COURSE I've started thinking about my future. But my plans don't really matter and will probably change anyway. It really bugs me that even in high school they wanted everyone to map out their entire futures. How can a 15-year-old freshman possibly know EXACTLY, PERFECTLY what they want to do? Most don't, and most who do end up changing their plans anyway. I think college is a nice time to figure out what it really is you want to do in life, and that's what I'm doing. Anyone who's known me really well would know that I'm not a "go with the flow" kind of person, so me going with the flow---especially with the scary unknown of the future--and not having step-by-step mapped out plans is a big step for me. I don't want my whole life planned out for me all at once.

I know your intentions were good, Khold, but I'm kind of offended. For the first time, I'm seeing things in a different light, and it's blowing my mind. I don't want to be put in a box with all these things society says you "have to do" in order to be happy and successful. Usually society has it backwards anyway, from what I've seen.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2006, 02:10:21 PM »
Funny thing is, I'm afraid my plans for the future may be TOO rigid.

Then again, my thought processes yield very rigid plans, so... ya.

In high school, even SENIOR YEAR, my plans were radically different than they are now, just a year later. I wanted to be an engineer with a mathematics dual major a year ago. Now, I want to be an actuary with a dual major in statistics. Funny how things can change.
~I.S.~

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2006, 03:15:05 PM »
I know your intentions were good, Khold, but I'm kind of offended. For the first time, I'm seeing things in a different light, and it's blowing my mind. I don't want to be put in a box with all these things society says you "have to do" in order to be happy and successful. Usually society has it backwards anyway, from what I've seen.
I apologize if I seemed offending, but I was trying to help you get motivated for making plans for the rest of your life. I know you HAVE started, but by what you said earlier, I thought you meant you had no idea what you were going to do. I also didn't get what you meant by "I don't even know what college I want to go to, and I'm IN college!"

You and I may have different opinions on how early people should get started with the rest of your life, but I can see your point too. A backup statement I have is that my old friend who is thirty right now made the mistake of sitting at home to late and missed the time to go to college. Now he doesn't even have a job right now because nobody will accept him without a better education. He still lives with his parents and has no self-esteem.

Again, I was trying to warn you to get started as early as possible. But now I see that you have, so I apologize for the past statement.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2006, 09:14:13 PM »
Wow, I never expected such an interesting debate to emerge from a topic created by Vidgmchtr. Mad Props to Vid-man.

Anyway, I would like to say that I agree with Sapph. It is so hard to know what you want to do with life when you are in high school. I am a junior and I have no idea of what is going on. Sure, I'll pick a college, but what happens ther I will have no idea. My major may change many times. And when I'm an aduly, I'll still be very confused with WHAT I want to do with my education.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2006, 09:35:26 PM »
I don't know what I want to do for the rest of my life. I hope to do something productive, I've considered forensic stuff--where you study DNA and fibers to solve crimes & such. But that won't happen within 5, or even 10 years.
I hope I'll have some sort of flash by then. I'm going to try to put the Armless Elf Cop online (I took the Nazi part out because it's a bit offending), and all I've got is Windows Movie Maker. That IS sufficient for what I'll be starting out with--scanning a lot of old comics I made over the last (gosh it's been) 3 years, cutting them by panels, and adding sound clips. In 5 years, I'll run out of space on Tripod for that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2006, 10:50:38 PM »
At one point, roughly 6 to 10 years ago, I was like "PROGRAMMING!" then I was like "BLEH" and then I was like "I DON'T KNOW!" then I was like "MY MOM CONVINCED ME TO GO TO COLLEGE!" Somewhere along the way, I decided music was the thing I did best. In five years, I'd rather like to be living in a loft downtown, with my music degree and possibly having gone to do graduate work in music and possibly studies of acoustics, as well as possibly something in linguistics. I'd like to be sitting around with lots of computers and instruments with which to make music, composing and having an adequate source of income in a music-related venture. It would be nice to be married to the girl whom I have known since before I have many conscious memories, but that's not something I have control over.
That was a joke.

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2006, 10:49:04 AM »
Gathering du-WHAT? The GameCube came out 5 years ago, I got mine Christmas 2002, it's still alive and with us today. It has mild Alzheimers (sp...?) at times, but I'm confident the Revolution will be less vulnerable to dust.

Then again, I take that back. I still play my Nintendo 64, after all.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2006, 05:36:40 PM »
Ah...the N64. I still haven't beaten freaking Perfect Dark, and I got it when it came out!

Ahem. In 5 years, I see myself rolling in dough because of my four famous movies, Citizen Pain, Ninjas vs. Pirates, Dawn of the Zombies and CyberLepreClaw, which made me rich. Rich, I tells ya! Hahahaha!
every

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2006, 05:40:19 PM »
I still play my Super Nintendo sometimes.

My GameCube collected dust even when I played it every day.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2006, 09:23:37 PM »
I play my Super Nintendo more than anything else. I also play my NES a lot.
That was a joke.

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2006, 02:46:21 PM »
Where will I be in 5 years? Hmm... that is a tough question. In 5 years I will prolly be dead or in jail from killing a drink and then tryin' to run from the po-po. Haha! Only kiddin. Hopefully in 5 years I will be in my 4th year of college and then on my way to being a history teacher. That's a big dream right there.
I see poop.

Print