1 (9.1%)
Not getting a new one
6 (54.5%)
This poll is incorrect
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: March 12, 2006, 06:24:30 PM

Print

Author Topic: Which OS?  (Read 3540 times)

« on: February 09, 2006, 05:08:21 PM »
Which new OS are you going to get? I'm getting Vista.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 05:13:05 PM »
Uh... The MacBook Pro isn't an OS. It's a laptop made by Apple Computer.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 06:14:06 PM »
I picked not getting a new one even though my dad should with all this crap happening on my server, its a wonder how I can get anything done.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 08:30:43 PM »
The next Mac OS is Mac OS X Leopard, and that won't be coming out for awhile.

MacBook Pro is just a new computer made by Apple with an Intel processor in it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 08:33:52 PM »
I'm not geting a new one, but I am much more of a Windows guy, so if I were to get one, it would without-a-doubt be the Vista.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 10:26:11 AM »
What about Linux? The penguin mascot is so cute! Linux is also compatible with the Xbox, with a few dangerous modifications.
every

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 09:06:23 PM »
I use Mac OS 9.1 on an orange iBook. It's six years old but I have no complaints--as long as it runs a web browser, AIM, Photoshop, MacWrite Pro, and MacDraw II it works for me. I also have Word 98 installed but don't use it that much.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 09:46:14 PM »
And this thread is 6 months old.
That was a joke.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 10:00:38 PM »
If there's a rule here against old threads, I am sorry. I just joined today so I don't know all the rules and customs here yet.

I was just browsing the forum and found this one. Since I know I have something sort of unique these days due to its age I just wanted to share. (And I feel no reason to upgrade--I've tried Mac OS X and it seems too complicated)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 11:13:08 PM »
I see nothing wrong with your post since it did add content to the thread.  Not much or interesting (to me) content, but still it's fine with me.  I just had when people post in old threads to say "woot" or something else meaningless.

BTW, I'm not getting a new computer, but need to do something about this one since Microsoft won't give me updates due to software conterfeiting.  Way to go ajump.com!  The other identical computer I bought from them has a valid copy of WinXP.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 11:17:03 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 12:16:08 AM »
That's funny, because I recieved this computer straight from Dell, and I've got the stupid WGATRAY thing that bugs me all the time. So I deleted it from the startup routine, and deleted it from SYSTEM32... And no more WGATRAY. It still bugs me that I can't recieve "certain updates" and I can't try beta software and I can't try free Windows stuff and...

Anyway, I'm not so sure that my dad told me everything about this computer. I have a feeling that it initially came with XP Home, and he used somebody's copy of Professional.

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 12:09:50 PM »
I'd like a Mac Book Pro, I am thinking of purchasing one after graduating.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 03:43:08 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't understand Macs. For example, Big Macs are smaller than most other Macs. Explain THAT. It makes no sense.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 04:15:49 PM »
The "Big Mac" is available in a variety of sizes.

There's even a Really Huge Big Mac.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print