Poll

Which of the following do you believe has, does, or will exist, or is true?

Good luck
4 (0.6%)
Aliens
22 (3.2%)
Angels
29 (4.2%)
Bigfoot
6 (0.9%)
Demons
23 (3.3%)
Elves
5 (0.7%)
Ghosts
19 (2.7%)
Heaven
40 (5.8%)
Hell
38 (5.5%)
Living dinosaurs today
6 (0.9%)
Leprechauns
6 (0.9%)
Loch Ness Monster
13 (1.9%)
The Trinity
6 (0.9%)
Mermaids
4 (0.6%)
Moth Man
2 (0.3%)
Other dimensions (as in worlds)
15 (2.2%)
The possibility of teleportation
10 (1.4%)
UFOs
19 (2.7%)
Yetis
4 (0.6%)
Santa Claus
8 (1.2%)
Chewbacca
5 (0.7%)
Vampires
3 (0.4%)
Satan
26 (3.8%)
Fairies
5 (0.7%)
Miracles
18 (2.6%)
ESP
9 (1.3%)
None of these things
1 (0.1%)
Prophetic dreams/visions
22 (3.2%)
Telepathic connections
10 (1.4%)
Witches/Witchcraft
10 (1.4%)
Hobbits
1 (0.1%)
Multiple gods
4 (0.6%)
Atlantis
6 (0.9%)
Nirvana
3 (0.4%)
Speaking in tongues
8 (1.2%)
Greek legends
2 (0.3%)
Luigi in SM64 (don't even!)
8 (1.2%)
Magic
9 (1.3%)
Sesame Street
6 (0.9%)
Spontaneous combustion
9 (1.3%)
Fate
11 (1.6%)
Unicorns
2 (0.3%)
Griffins
2 (0.3%)
Fawns
2 (0.3%)
Dragons
7 (1%)
Tanukis
5 (0.7%)
Phoenixes
3 (0.4%)
Pegasus
2 (0.3%)
Jesus as God's son
24 (3.5%)
The Rapture
12 (1.7%)
Love at first site
11 (1.6%)
Soul mates
13 (1.9%)
Superstition as real
4 (0.6%)
Limbo
7 (1%)
Reincarnation
6 (0.9%)
Fountain of Youth
6 (0.9%)
Time travel
12 (1.7%)
Werewolves
2 (0.3%)
Centaurs
1 (0.1%)
Zombies
3 (0.4%)
The Apocalypse
14 (2%)
The existence of the missing link(s)
7 (1%)
The possibility of world peace
8 (1.2%)
Girls on the internet!
21 (3%)
Bob
9 (1.3%)
Bob's mom
5 (0.7%)
Gaia
2 (0.3%)
Future mass extinction
7 (1%)
Human cloning without side affects
6 (0.9%)
Purgatory
3 (0.4%)
Alternate realities
5 (0.7%)
Voodoo
2 (0.3%)
Evil curses
3 (0.4%)
Absolutes
4 (0.6%)
Relativity of knowledge
3 (0.4%)
The Secret Page
6 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Print

Author Topic: I Don't Believe It!  (Read 91169 times)

« on: March 31, 2006, 09:48:07 AM »
In the topic “A Survey This Is” I’ve had a lot of fun talking about beliefs and learning what other people believe.  This got me to thinking... what else do people believe in?  The paranormal?  The supernatural?  The weird, crazy, or seemingly impossible? What exactly do you believe in and why?

Now I give you the opportunity to talk about which of the following things and others you believe. Tell stories of what you’ve heard, why you think it’s real or not, and anything else you can think of.  This topic isn’t for making fun of people (most of you already know that though), so please be careful of what you say and respect other’s opinions.  You can question them but try not to redicule them.

As for myself, I believe in most of the things on this list (as of the first time I wrote this) and think that either people are telling the truth, or are experiencing something that isn’t "normal" but might now be what they think it is.  I’ve talked about my religious beliefs in “A Survey This Is” but I also have another belief about the world and this one might blow your mind out.  Okay.  I believe... that a few dinosaurs may still be alive today.  There, I said it and I can imagine if you are ROFL or WTD-ing.  I know how crazy it sounds, but I have a reason for thinking this and I’ll tell you why. 

Many honest people including scientists have claimed to see large creatures while exploring hidden parts of the world (like Asia, Africa, and sometimes America) and some of these creatures match the description of dinosaurs.  I’m sure that some were lying or made a hoax just to try and become famous or something, but I also think that some of these people have to be telling the truth.  I also know that everyone says that dinosaurs went extinct, but maybe some of them survived somehow and are hiding in the world.  The Loch Ness monster, Mokele-Mbembe, Kongamato, and others... is it possible?!  Go ahead and laugh if you want but I’m going to trust the accounts of some of these “witnesses” and dare to believe what many dino lovers would only dream of. (But I don't believe in the Yoshisaurus Rex, so don't worry about that XD)

So anyway... what do you believe? Let me know the other stuff I forget too.  I didn't include God because that's what the other topic was about.

If you want to hear about more strange things, you can go to newanimal.org and other sites about crytpozoology and stuff.  If any Bible readers want to learn about some real strange stuff in the Bible, read Job 40:15-24 and chapter 41, and Genesis 6:1-4. 

Edit: I sure wish we had an "alphabetical order" box so I could keep my poll in order. DX If I add more options and rearrange things that already have votes for them, will that screw up everything or do the votes automatically stay with the right words?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 05:01:44 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 12:18:37 PM »
You forgot two things:
Santa Claus and
Chewbacca.
Most Wishy-Washy

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:45:36 PM »
i font belive it

No, seriously, I think I'm leaning towards the "none of those" option that's not there. The closest would be aliens; however, I'm extrapolating that as "any life form not living on Earth" -- which doesn't necessarily have to be complex, just existent.
~I.S.~

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 01:16:01 PM »
Well, I put down angels, Heaven, Hell, and I forgot to say demons, but demons too.  These are all real to me because I am a Christian, and as such I believe in these things. 
But, I also checked off aliens.  This is because I find it extremely hard to believe that there are other planets, nay, galaxies out there, and we still remain the only life forms.  I'm not arrogant enough to say that only Earth holds beings capable of moving, thinking, and all-around living.  There's too much out there we haven't explored to jump to that conclusion. 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 01:26:26 PM »
I only chose Aliens, because, come on, there HAS to be another planet out there that supports and has life as advanced or even more advanced than this one.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 02:38:19 PM »
Interesting and awesome thread idea, YSR!

Chewbacca, WTD? What about fairies? Or witches? Or vampires? Or supernatural occurences (although this poll seems to be more places and beings, not events)?--like miracles, prophetic visions/dreams, telepathic connections, uhh... actually, that's a really, really wide/broad topic. Never mind. XD

As for me, I completely believe there are angels, demons, Heaven, and uhh.. the "bad place."
I have a hard time believing there are aliens, but I wouldn't call it ridiculous or unbelievable or out of the question.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 03:49:02 PM »
Angels, Heaven, Hell. Satan is merely a fallen angel, not a demon.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 04:31:49 PM »
You spelled leprechauns wrong, just to let you know.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 04:32:04 PM »
I missed the Angels box. There may also be demons, but they aren't torturing me... right now, anyway.
Leprechauns.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 04:39:01 PM »
Demon: 1) An evil supernatural being; a devil.

Regardless of whether or not fallen angels are classified as demons, demons are mentioned in the Bible, Koop.

Edit: Hmm, Satan could be another one added to the list, YSR.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 04:45:35 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 04:42:48 PM »
Yep, in Revelation as a symbol.
The other referances to demons are just the other falen angels along with Satan that seek the ruin of souls. SO, I guess I should have voted with demons, but, similar thing.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 04:52:39 PM »
Not necessarily. I don't think I've come across anything (Biblical or reference-wise) that specifically says fallen angels are demons or demons are fallen angels. I always kind of assumed they were one and the same, but maybe they're actually not.

Biblical references to/about demons

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 05:05:15 PM »
Hmm, my only problem with this is that God never created anything that was, at its core, evil. Evil came into the world through free choice. Therefore, I have a hard time believing that God would create evil creatures. So, I just think that these demons are the spirits of the fallen angels, and Satan, perhaps when they possess people, or another name for these fallen angels. THat is my reasoning. Rather non-important, however.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 05:10:12 PM »
What right do they have to exist if no one's ever seen them?

The only thing I have to believe in is myself.

...I wonder if that could be a good signature...

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 05:41:09 PM »
I believe in Heaven, Hell, demons, angels and UFO's. Heaven and Hell, because that's where we go, demons and angels, the minions and servants of the great powers, and UFO's, because not all flying object's are from outer space.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print