Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1269693 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3810 on: October 31, 2008, 03:46:03 PM »
You seem to have a hare lip and broken period key.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3811 on: October 31, 2008, 04:16:43 PM »
I got hit by a car C=:{
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3812 on: October 31, 2008, 05:27:14 PM »
Nice emoticon...

Well, here's hoping this evening's party works out!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3813 on: October 31, 2008, 08:22:06 PM »
I just got back from a party. To be honest, it was....meh (as well as a bit of a sausage fest due to the lack of girls). Plus a lot of my face makeup got in my hair, and I had to take it off before I could get a photo taken.
every

« Reply #3814 on: November 01, 2008, 07:49:22 AM »
Got Wii Music today, and it's pretty cool.

I love the commercial for it, I might pick it up myself soon.

I know I'm pretty late (because I just didn't hear about it until yesterday) but I'm really glad there's going to be a limited edition version of Animal Crossing: City Folk with the WiiSpeak accessory bundled in. I'm also excited about the WiiSpeak Channel.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3815 on: November 01, 2008, 07:56:13 PM »
Well, I ordered it, and I have to say: The Wind Waker pwnz.
I'm having a lot of fun with it (thanks, BP).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #3816 on: November 02, 2008, 03:03:15 PM »
Even though I don't recall ever reading the book Goodnight Moon, I really enjoyed Opus's final comic.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3817 on: November 02, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »
Oh, yeah, I read that book in my third grade classroom (if you're referring to what I think).

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3818 on: November 02, 2008, 05:45:16 PM »
C=:{

What is that supposed to be? Someone with a bump on their head?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #3819 on: November 03, 2008, 05:53:13 PM »
New WarioWare titles have been announced!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=17118

« Reply #3820 on: November 03, 2008, 06:26:47 PM »
Oh, yeah, I read that book in my third grade classroom (if you're referring to what I think).

Well, I was referring to Goodnight Moon, but more specifically, how the comic strip Opus ended with the eponymous penguin asleep in a bed inside of the book. After 28 years, I like how Berk ended the strip on such a lighthearted note.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 06:29:10 PM by PaperMario »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3821 on: November 03, 2008, 10:29:13 PM »
Hmm... well, there was some sort of poem-book parody of Goodnight Moon with Bloom County characters, so... beats me if it's related to that or not.

« Reply #3822 on: November 05, 2008, 08:34:12 PM »
Even though I don't recall ever reading the book Goodnight Moon, I really enjoyed Opus's final comic.

I missed it! Is there a link perchance?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3823 on: November 09, 2008, 09:49:18 PM »
I missed it! Is there a link perchance?

You can see the final comic at Salon.com (as well as a very large archive of all the strips for the arc leading up to the end) and the final three panels for the final comic can be found at humanesociety.org/opus. I suggest you just go to Salon first the see the beginning of the final strip and then go to humane society to see the very end of it.

« Reply #3824 on: November 12, 2008, 04:45:54 PM »
I will do that. Later. I am at work now.

But I do have some more hopefulness: Nicky and I went to the doctor on Monday for one of her prenatal treatments. It's not too early for an ultrasound, but it is too early for us to determine the sex of the baby with said X-ray. The doctor did put a medical device up to her tummy, and we heard.. a heartbeat!!!

I had a migraine that day, but that sound was still the most beautiful sound in the world. Nicky and I looked at eachother and both of us nearly cried..

The doctor said it's ok that it was beating fast (that might also mean that it's a boy), but I thought it sounded fine. The only  reason I would think that it's beating so fast (twice as fast as a grown heart) is that it's developing so fast. It is trying to become a little human, which it is (or will be, in about 8 or so months). Her due date is still June 1st, but that is always subject to change.

I am extremely hopeful that all three (her, me, and baby) of us will be ok.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 07:48:59 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print