Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1268155 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3930 on: January 19, 2009, 04:37:13 PM »

lol yeah. I'm like the last man on the planet who has no other purpose other than to just build stuff.

So you're like Will Smith!

Only with no scary bald people.

And Texan.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3931 on: January 19, 2009, 04:52:15 PM »
The book is so much better.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3932 on: January 19, 2009, 04:55:31 PM »
This actually "happened" Friday, but I didn't get around to uploading a pic until now...

Got it off the internet, splitting the cost with my bro. 60GB, as backward-compatibility's half the reason I wanted one. Picked up Shadow of the Colossus and I'm shooting for some component cables/LBP later today.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3933 on: January 19, 2009, 05:02:12 PM »
Please explain to the class why this instead of 360+PS2 (which would still be cheaper).

CrossEyed7

« Reply #3934 on: January 19, 2009, 05:06:53 PM »

It's already got fingerprintage. (I do like the effect of the pictures being reflected to infinity, though)
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3935 on: January 19, 2009, 05:21:56 PM »
It's used, that's why.

As for the "infinity", our TV room wall(s) is actually lined with pictures from pretty much corner to corner. We travel a lot, if you didn't already know.

Please explain to the class why this instead of 360+PS2 (which would still be cheaper).
Blu-Ray player + great graphics + LittleBigPlanet + backwards compatibility - memory cards - RROD = $434-ish PS3 offline = Win.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3936 on: January 19, 2009, 05:28:20 PM »
Why? Because you can play PS3 games on it lolz
That was a joke.

« Reply #3937 on: January 19, 2009, 05:45:50 PM »
If you care significantly about Blu-ray, that's a legit reason, but the graphics aren't better, PS2s are ultro-cheap, 360s don't use memory cards, and RROD has 3-year free replacement.

LBP is a legit reason too, but 360 has a raging tsunami of worthwhile exclusives compared to PS3's babbling brook.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3938 on: January 19, 2009, 05:49:21 PM »
Not mention, LBP couldn't even get any exposure due to Sony's crappy marketing scheme.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #3939 on: January 19, 2009, 05:53:05 PM »
I might have will gotten a PS3 one day if Final Fantasy 13 wouldn't have been on the 360, in that time somewhere in the future where I get around to playing the first 12 (or 13), but since now it will have been, I'll'nt (of course, I don't yet have a 360 either yet, but I will maybe have by then, or maybe then a 720 or whatever).

^ This is the picture I would have posted if someone else had posted what I just posted (or will have just posted, as I haven't yet posted it at the time of writing).

EDIT: Now it's posted.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3940 on: January 19, 2009, 06:21:04 PM »
Hey, I finally buy a non-Nintendo system and you complain? Lay off, already.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3941 on: January 19, 2009, 07:16:14 PM »
LD just needs something to disagree with.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3942 on: January 19, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
LD is in denial about PS3 being technologically superior to 360. Also, if you plan on playing The Last Remnant, please for the sake of everything good, play it when it comes out on PS3, because it is horrific to watch on 360. (This is the fault of its devs, though, rather than 360's inherent inferiority, as far as I can tell.)
Also, can someone explain to me why moving the 360 at all while the system is on results in the game disc getting scraped? Other systems just don't do that.

To conclude, and I cannot emphasize this enough, LD really needs to stop being such a jerk.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3943 on: January 19, 2009, 08:35:28 PM »
LD knows the technologic stats here and denies nothing (even though, probably due to programming difficulty, PS3 versions of multiplatform titles underperform the 360 version suspiciously often). But technology nothing, it's the games that matter and I wanted to know what ShadowBrian was going after here. If he just really wants to watch Blu-ray, that's good enough!

Ironically, I fell into this discussion here mere minutes after saying how I was going to buy a PS3 soon in the chatroom. Flower pushed me over the edge. But here's what I want to play on PS3:

Flower
flOw
LittleBigPlanet
Valkyria Chronicles
PixelJunk Eden

And that's it for now. There's a reason PS3 came last.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3944 on: January 19, 2009, 10:19:20 PM »
I'll probably be buying both in close succession after I graduate and accumulate some more money for superfluous spending. I will not deny that 360 has some great exclusives, but the vast majority of them, I have no interest in, especially all the shooters that you all constantly play online.
Maybe I'll do an experiment and get a HDTV, then check out copies of games on both systems and play to compare.
That was a joke.

Print