Print

Author Topic: What Amuses You?  (Read 18313 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2006, 05:41:23 AM »
Quote from: NOA Press Release
Or maybe it's all just a scam to get you to read the other games we have launching this fall. One of the two.
I think it's funny that Nintendo would put that in a press release.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2006, 08:24:44 AM »
Humor is the small cracks in a self schema that can't be filled by logic.  If it's predictable--believable--it's not funny.  If it falls into an overlooked fallow and lands with a strange sound, and nobody can quite piece together the line of causation, you'll get some laughter.

Men taking footballs to the groin is funny.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2006, 10:57:54 AM »
Wow... that whole explanation of what is funny, and then you go and list something that isn't funny at all as being funny. I don't understand. That kind of stuff isn't funny, it's ultra predictable, especially in scripted events.
That was a joke.

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2006, 12:48:15 PM »
I also like things that let you use your imagination. For example: Anyone ever see the old kids TV show "Salute your Shorts"? If not, on the show one form of punishment the campers came up with for other campers was the Awful Waffle. An incident would go like this:

"I think he deserves an.... AWFUL WAFFLE!"
"I'll get the syrup!"
"I'll get the tennis racket!"

And everyone else would stand there and chant "Awful Waffle! Awful Waffle! Awful Waffle!" until some adult came and broke everything up. To me, the Awful Waffle is ingenious and hilarious because they don't describe it past syrup and a tennis racket.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2006, 08:17:38 PM »
But that totally describes exactly what they're doing.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2006, 09:51:59 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2006, 12:42:19 AM »
... something that isn't funny at all..
No way.  Men taking footballs to the groin is funny.  I'm talking about a live performance here--not some America's Funniest Home Videos moment.  Also, women taking, say, a dodgeball to the groin can be funny.  It hits with a sort of dull thud, like a padded bellyflop, and they giggle like, "Haha, we have no weakpoints."  The post that I made before wasn't trying to be funny if that's what you're getting at.  It was remarkably dull in its analysis of humor, and the last sentence was intended not as a demonstration but rather an explanatory amendment to the general thesis:  Humor can never be analyzed perfectly.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:51:31 PM by DeadAwake »
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2006, 04:42:10 PM »
It amuses me that I'm usually the only non-mod in a particular chat room.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2006, 05:39:48 PM »
In #tmk? You're a halfop in there.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2006, 05:42:35 PM »
No, that's not the unamed particular one.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2006, 09:09:30 PM »
"I think he deserves an.... AWFUL WAFFLE!"
I have ponder that he is having the deserving of ... a FAWFUL WAFFLE!!  XP
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2006, 11:24:11 PM »
Yes. Mustache.

Fawful amuses me, I'll tell you that.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2006, 11:30:05 AM »
Suffix amuses me, I'll tell you that.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2006, 03:03:59 PM »
I have ponder that he is having the deserving of ... a FAWFUL WAFFLE!!  XP

Onoes! Not Fawful! XD

Here's something that amused me today: I was channel surfing, and I stopped on a courtroom show. The guy was accused of using child support money to by gold teeth. I think "Gold teeth? ONOES! It's another Dr Teeth! Run and hide! Run and hide!"

In short, I amuse myself. :)
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2006, 07:35:51 PM »
Fawful Waffle? I'll get the mustard!
Markio amuses me, I'll tell you that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print