Print

Author Topic: SCIENTOLOGY! WHAT YOU NEVER KNEW!!!!  (Read 15990 times)

« on: June 27, 2006, 06:51:31 PM »
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 07:01:24 PM »

*blank stare*
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 07:10:10 PM »
Uh...you're not interested, huh?

Still, it is pretty scary. Scientology!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:56:50 AM by Suffix »

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 07:13:22 PM »
Ever think that there are people who study Scientology on this site? When you say "**** Scientology," you could be making enemies.

I don't study Scientology, as I'm sure you all know I have a religion.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:57:09 AM by Suffix »

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 07:16:06 PM »
Yeah, but if you watch the YTMND flash, it clearly states: SCIENTOLOGY KILLS! Look what happened to Lisa McPhearson!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 07:22:36 PM »
I think it's funny that they no longer show the episode of South Park that criticizes Scientology and questions Tom Cruise's heterosexuality.  I was lucky to see it the night it originally aired (though it was actually a pretty stupid episode).

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 07:37:31 PM »
I bet The Church of Scientology told Comedy Central or any other station that shows South Park to never show that episode again. They have a real problem with copyright infridgement. GROW UP, PEOPLE!

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 07:43:21 PM »
Well............okay, I have to admit that I find it hard anyone would believe Scientology. It really is crap, I'm afraid.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 08:08:14 PM »
Nintendo Bros.'s first link on this thread is a perfect example of why I can't take religion seriously at all.

All those other ones are parodies and mostly didn't happen.
~I.S.~

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 08:14:31 PM »
I think it's funny that they no longer show the episode of South Park that criticizes Scientology and questions Tom Cruise's heterosexuality.  I was lucky to see it the night it originally aired (though it was actually a pretty stupid episode).
Was that the one where they started to worship Stan, or was that some other cult?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 08:21:15 PM »
Yeah, they worshipped Stan as the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard.  It was Tom Cruise who got Comedy Central to stop airing the episode; whether he did it because they ridiculed Scientology or because they implied he was gay is anyone's guess.

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 08:47:48 PM »
I like how Tom Cruise gets so angry when people question or poke fun at his beliefs. He's crazy, I've known that for quite awhile. His face tells all.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 08:26:44 AM »
I was also lucky enough to see the episode when it first aired.  Though I have to agree, it was kind of a stupid episode.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 10:12:34 AM »
I'm surprised no one's posted a link to "Tom Cruise kills Oprah" yet. Guess everyone's already seen it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 10:31:37 AM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 12:37:12 PM »
Let me clear this up: That episode of South Park was taken down because Isaac Hayes is a Scientologist, and didn't like their portrayal of it. The whole "closet" thing was actually more of a jab at R. Kelly, although they definately implied Tom Cruise was gay, mostly as a lighthearted joke. And it's legal to do so, under Parody Law, stating that it's okay to make fun of people because it's all in good fun.
every

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 01:21:08 PM »
Isaac Hayes quit the show.  They wrote out the character Chef by turning him into "Darth Chef" in a Star Wars Episode III parody.  So they didn't stop showing the episode to please Isaac Hayes; he quit anyway.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 03:27:35 AM »
The reason that episode stopped showing has to do with Mission Impossible 3 commercials. But I can't remember the details. Something about some company owning some other company. I'm sure you can read about it online. Look it up, people. It's a fact.

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 09:30:59 AM »
This religion needs to stop.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 09:42:44 AM »
"We shouldn't be mad at Chef, we should be mad at that fruity little club for scrambling his brains."
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 07:41:45 PM »
It will die out after awhile, I just don't like the celebrity promotion of religions, it gets too out of hand.  Like Cabalism used to be a respected religion of the sort untill it was seen as a celeb fad.  Religions shouldn't be fads, they should be something you deeply beleive in, and something most sacred.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 08:28:58 PM »
I feel deeply about my religon, and I think some people take up Scientology or Cabalism to look cool. That's just sick.

TEM

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 10:36:46 PM »
Scientology, psh, that's so 2 weeks ago. The trendy religion with people now is Agnostic. It's atheism with a little hat and bowtie!

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2006, 07:08:13 AM »
Do you think it's true that Scientologists come to people houses and harrases you?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2006, 08:09:31 AM »
I thought that was Jehova's Witnesses.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2006, 05:54:30 PM »
Scientology, psh, that's so 2 weeks ago. The trendy religion with people now is Agnostic. It's atheism with a little hat and bowtie!
When Bertrand Russell was imprisoned in 1918 for his opposition to the war, the jailer, following prison routine, asked Russell for his religion. Russell said he was an agnostic. The jailer, after some initial bewilderment, brightened and said "I guess it's all right. We all worship the same God, don't we?"
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2006, 01:30:05 PM »
I thought that was Jehova's Witnesses.

Did you know Prince was a Jehova's (sp) Witness? How awesome would that be, to have him show up at your door?

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2006, 02:09:46 PM »
Being agnostic is trendy? What are you referring to?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2006, 03:30:20 PM »
That video had creepy music, I didn't watch the whole thing.

Personally, I guess I don't believe in Scientology.  Dictionary.com didn't exactly enlighten me too much about what it was.

I'm not sure if Agnosticism is really a religion.  I'm mean I could see a person having the status of being unsure of God's existence for a long time, but for it to be a religion you'd probably have to think about your unsureness all the time.  I don't see how you can firmly say, "I am an agnostic, and I firmly believe that God may or may not exist."  It just seems too incomplete to be called a religion.  No offense to Agnostics, God's existence is a really tough subject.

As for Atheism, I wish the word itself didn't sound so assertive.  When a person says, "I'm an atheist", I always thought it sounded like that person must be looking down on those who believe in the existence of God.  But I'm sure that's not the case at all.  If you say, "I don't believe in God, personally", it sounds more normal.  Something about the way "atheist" sounds is odd.  No offense to Atheists either, it's your own choice to make, not mine.  There's gotta be a cooler word for it, though.  Like Seventh-Day Absentist or something.  But I guess that would apply to all that don't go to Sunday church.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2006, 11:21:58 PM »
Why exactly did you have to bring this up?

TEM

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2006, 01:43:11 AM »
Being agnostic is trendy? What are you referring to?

A bunch of young adults I know that have adopted that religion.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2006, 09:42:07 AM »
But how is it a religion? Unless you mean that they're being self-conscious about being indecisive about the existence of God. I could see how that could be defined as a "religion".
That was a joke.

TEM

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2006, 01:57:04 PM »
They say they "believe in themselves".

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2006, 05:59:32 PM »
People that take up Scientology or some "fad religion" are not fathful at all. Celeb's make me so angry; they just find something and then go with something different the next day. They have problems, and it makes me sick.

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2006, 07:18:17 PM »
People that take up Scientology or some "fad religion" are not fathful at all. Celeb's make me so angry; they just find something and then go with something different the next day. They have problems, and it makes me sick.

I was thinking the same thing.

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2006, 03:14:57 PM »
I think we all have a little agnosticism in us.  Wether we like it or not.
I only watch [adult swim]

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2006, 03:57:36 PM »
I don't understand what this Scientology thing is.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2006, 04:31:20 PM »
Well, it's hard to explain, but this is what I THINK it is.

A long, long time ago, the ruler of the universe (some wierd alien guy) sent his people down to Earth and for no reason at all, nuked the volcanoes, destroying them over time. Then we came along and we get sad or angry because the alien's spirit's lock on to our bodies. The sadness has "tricked" us into religion and everything we hold sacred. They offer some way to get away from the world through rituals.  This was all made up by the writer in the video Nintendo Bros. showed us. Yes, it's total BS.

It's kind of a fad with celebs. Celebs, having no faith in anything at all, just pick up whatever they can find. It really makes me angry.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2006, 11:19:20 AM »
Yeah, I don't believe that.  Relegion came about because people long ago wanted answers they couldn't explain so they made up some Gods and then everybody believed them.  That's my theory.

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2006, 05:00:17 PM »
My theroy is that L. Ron Hubbard (The founder of Scientology) was making this all up just to earn money for "discovering" the new reiligon. Why do people have to make up BS?

TEM

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2006, 06:53:41 PM »
The answer you seek is in your first sentence.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2006, 07:45:47 PM »
You be religious and call another person's religion BS.  That is rude and your theory on life is just as good as theres. 

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2006, 08:06:05 PM »
In that case, here's my theory on life. God is a being with only the power to create, so he tried to create a variety of beings with the ability to do other things. One of his earliest experiments was the dinosaur, but they were a bit too big, so God kept trying until he got to monkeys and then humans, one of the the most advanced beings in terms of ability. So since God could only create, we cannot, but we can try to help God out by keeping ourselves alive as long as possible and geting as much as we can out of that life. Sound good?

TEM

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »
Dude you could make a religion out of that theory! You can call it Simplicionism. Charge 3 bucks for "secret classes" that teach people to become true Simplicionists, you'll make like 9 bucks. You can go to the movies and see Superman Returns or maybe the new Pirates movie.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2006, 09:34:14 AM »
Yes, I understand how 'simple' it is, but I could care less if anyone follows it at all. I don't even know why I thought that up.

Print