Poll

Has a video game ever caused you to cry--either directly or indirectly--in any way whatsoever?

Yes.
No.
There was something in my eye; I swear.
Print

Author Topic: Have video games ever made you cry?  (Read 28281 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2006, 09:58:16 PM »
Movies make people cry? Well, I can think of one:

FIELD OF DREAMS.

Everyone I know has cried during this movie. In fact, my buddy said "if you don't cry during Field of Dreams, you have no heart".

I've yet to see "The Notebook", but one of my friends was so teary after seeing it I heard she would have been able to fill up the drink cup she had during the movie. Then again, she's arguably the most emotional (and probably the sweetest) person I know--this girl cried when upperclassmen graduated.

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2006, 01:28:59 PM »
I can honestly say that I haven't cried at any point in Field of Dreams.  Yes, it had some touching moments, but nothing that I think I would cry over.  Either way, you read the title wrong, since this is about Games that made you cry, not movies.

I don't think I've ever cried over a game ending or sad moment, though a younger me has gotten close to crying out of annoyance.  Trying to get Ness on SSB was one.  Course, now I handle loss a lot better.  No tears shed, I just walk away (while swearing and calling the game a cheater).
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2006, 03:11:49 PM »
I cried when they took the N64 games out of Hollywood Video. TIGGER'S HUNNY HUNT WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES AND NOW I CAN'T PLAY IT ANYMORE BECAUSE IT'S NOT THERE TO RENT. T_T T_T T_T T_T
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2006, 03:13:11 PM »
Why didn't you just buy it?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2006, 03:19:37 PM »
I didn't have any money! How can I buy something with no money?
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2006, 03:28:09 PM »
I don't know.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2006, 03:29:08 PM »
Well it costs money to rent...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2006, 03:30:18 PM »
Suspicious!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2006, 03:46:22 PM »
Not really.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2006, 06:03:57 PM »
My dad always paid for renting. He can easily spend 5 or 6 bucks a week. Not so easy to spend 30 or 40. Plus, I had saved up enough money to buy it, but those jerks at Walmart took the N64 games out before I could buy it, so I was stuck with renting. X( Stupid Walmart idiots...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2006, 11:27:17 AM »
You may still be able to find it on eBay. An N64 game like that would be rather cheap.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2006, 10:15:56 PM »
Yeah...Paper Mario 2, Zelda...(all of the from 64 up...)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2006, 11:07:12 AM »
Paper Mario 2 is on the Gamecube...

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2006, 03:58:38 PM »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2006, 02:54:05 PM »
Now I'm crying tears of joy because of a little miracle shop called ~*~Peddler's Mall~*~. The guy who owns the place says he might have Tigger's Hunny Hunt in by next Saterday. :D Oh happies!

Print