Poll

Has a video game ever caused you to cry--either directly or indirectly--in any way whatsoever?

Yes.
No.
There was something in my eye; I swear.
Print

Author Topic: Have video games ever made you cry?  (Read 28097 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2006, 09:33:56 PM »
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Wal Mart either. I only go there when absolutely necessary (like if I need, say, a printer ink cartridge and it's the place I'm closest to).

Their CD/DVD/game department isn't that good. I went there looking for a DVD to give to my cousin once and it took me forever to find it. The DVD was a new release at the time too.

Even worse luck with a CD. All they had was mainstream stuff. You would think a huge store like Wal Mart could import some stuff but no. I'm all about Europop (which is sort of strange since I'm a pretty mainstream guy everywhere else). Thankfully I've got a buddy who also hates mainstream so he can download stuff for me. I've found Border's to be best for music.

My uncle had trouble finding my cousin a video game (I think it was a Paper Mario game for the Game Cube, if I recall) at Wal Mart. I was there looking for the DVD that day and he was talking to this guy who didn't seem to know what the game was or where they kept it.

The prices aren't bad (I think a Cannon printer ink cartridge is about $6 for a black one) but they just don't have all that much in means of variety or service.

As far as rentals go, I am usually like that with movies.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2006, 02:30:38 AM »
Wal-Mart for me is decent,ut for videogames they are not vey realiable, They didn't have a DS lite in stock until today!! But hope is here, beside the store and in front, they built a Target, Starbucks and Game Stop!! Now I can get NSMB AND a Frapuchino!!! Off to the Hopefull thread! (after I sleep)
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2006, 09:05:51 AM »
This may sound irrelevant, but I think Dunkin' Donuts is better that Starbucks.

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »
I like neither, because coffee is disgusting.

I WIN :D
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2006, 12:51:16 PM »
Coffee is great. Especially freshly made Salvadoran coffee. That is the best stuff in the entire world. I wasn't a huge coffee fiend either, untill I made my travel to El Salvador. They, I discovered the true glory of coffee. With just a little bit of azucar (sugar) and a tad of leche (milk) el cafe es riquisimo!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Jman

• Score
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »
I don't really cry when playing games, I just act like a baseball manager and show typical manager frustrations when I lose at games.  Like, I throw my hat on the ground whenever a bad call is made on MVP Baseball 2005.  I usually get my manager tossed out of the game, too.  But I do win my fair share of games, despite the tirades.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2006, 05:25:04 PM »
Eleventh vote for no. I have never had an experience where I cried during a video game, I have only had experiences where I have been frozen in my tracks because of the graphical and/or story detail that the designers have put into a specific event.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2006, 09:59:54 AM »
I cried in Doom 3. I also wet my pants and went into the fetal position, but never mind.
every

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2006, 03:43:32 AM »
No I haven't been reduced to tear from a Video game yet and I have been playing them since 1988. But who knows what the future games might bring?

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2006, 05:16:29 PM »
*Sniff* Those final scenes in PM: TTYD are so touching...they just made me cry so hard. It's a secret...(The scenes)
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2006, 04:37:11 PM »
Knowing the fact that the new zelda has A LOT of blood in it made me so Disapointed that I got a little sad and my throat got soar.
Dustin & andrew(My friends) told me.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2006, 07:42:28 AM »
The ending to SMRPG is for some reason quite tear-jerking.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2006, 05:56:49 PM »
I never cried, or got close, but I was a little sad when I first beat Ocarina of Time because I knew I would never be able to beat it for the first time again. I just ran around Hyrule Field for like 2 weeks before I finally moved on.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2006, 06:04:52 PM »
Is the Blood thingie a fact?
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2006, 11:48:03 PM »
...Well, probably. Look at the trailer, this is a new look at Link. No more cel-shading, this is gonna be a lot darker. If not blood, some sort of citric juice from those twilighty things. Whatever, if you just CAN'T play it because of blood, I'll play all the way through it and let you know.
(If you need to see the trailer again, it's right here.)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print