Print

Author Topic: Bleedthrough  (Read 48302 times)

« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2009, 05:29:48 PM »
When I start playing NSMB DS and I make a jump I realize halfway through that I might not make, I'll shake the DS thinking that I'll do that mid-air spin-jump stall.

The same applies to me for SM64 after getting too accustomed to SMG's Spin mechanic.

On a related note, I've mistakenly called several of my friends "Mario" on different occasions.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2009, 05:58:29 PM »
I've been experiencing it with going from NSMB Wii to NSMB DS.

When I start playing NSMB DS and I make a jump I realize halfway through that I might not make, I'll shake the DS thinking that I'll do that mid-air spin-jump stall.

Same.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2009, 07:58:03 PM »
That happened to me whenever I played NSMBDS or SMW after playing SMG for too long. I think I mentioned that in here before.

It always disturbs me a bit when this topic is right next to Things That Made You Poop A Little in the unread topics.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2009, 10:34:17 PM »
Now all we need is a "Favorite Table Stools" topic.
You didn't say wot wot.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2009, 12:24:01 AM »
I guess I could make a thread entitled "Favorite Table Stools That Made You Poop A Little"
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2009, 06:53:01 AM »
I potentially almost damaged my GCN once when, after having played SMG, I returned to SMS with a corded controller...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2009, 08:49:52 PM »
After playing Metroid Prime 2 for a little while, I feel like I'm going to start getting eaten alive by the atmosphere because I'm not inside a bubble of light.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2009, 07:47:26 AM »
Which, if you think about it, is a direct reversal of the traditional gamer's mindset.

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2010, 07:11:59 PM »
Today while driving down my street, I saw a deer running alongside my car, and my brain wanted me to go into Dead Eye and shoot it in the head, then stop the car and get out and skin it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 07:23:03 PM by bobman37 »

« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2010, 12:37:51 AM »
I just got through playing alot of New SMBW, and then played the ds game. I wondered why Mario wasn't staying in the air longer when I shook the ds.. (I realise there have been similar stories throughout the thread..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2010, 03:43:22 PM »
Today while driving down my street, I saw a deer running alongside my car, and my brain wanted me to go into Dead Eye and shoot it in the head, then stop the car and get out and skin it.

I had the exact same thing back in the day, except with a running dog.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2010, 05:41:03 PM »
I just saw this thread for the first time and thought, "LD got a lot of hits."  I know it should have been "posts," but I guess my brain makes typos too ;)  The reason I thought it was a new thread is 1) I'd never seen it, 2) The first and last post were in July, and 3) I'm dumb like that.  Anyway, I thought it was such a great thread that I started reading the whole thing from the beginning and suddenly found myself thinking, "MEGABYTE POSTED!"  That's when I realized my folly. 

After playing guitar on Guitar Hero or Rock Band for a while I can't play a real guitar for crap, but this isn't really bleedthrough since no one can tell the difference :p 

I've had bleedthrough like moments before, but I realize what I'm thinking so that probably doesn't count.  On the other hand, I've often had a sort of haze or disconnection after playing for a long time or watching a movie in a theater.  Once in college after watching a movie with my wife I treated a red light like a stop sign without realizing it until the blue lights from the cop that was right behind me woke me from my trance.  That was scary.  That cop had to actually wait for traffic before going through the intersection.  I'm surprised he didn't give me a ticket. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2010, 05:59:25 PM »
I had the worst case of Tetris effect ever back when I was playing Cleopatra Fortune for hours a day. Doesn't happen with any other puzzle game, though.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2010, 11:25:21 PM »
This may not really be bleedthrough, but... post-Arkham Asylum, I found myself wanting to use Detective Mode in Uncharted 2, on account of my difficulty in picking out things in the surroundings on my blurry TV.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2010, 07:37:52 AM »
Well, to be fair, it would be nice to be able to see which thugs are covered from head to toe in armor before you start a firefight.

After I was playing Uncharted 2, and after playing Metroid Prime 2 a bit (still need to finish my current run), I kept trying to take cover when I was fighting Space Pirates.  Which would also be nice, because those Dark Troopers can ruin you on Hypermode when you still don't have the Light Beam.

Print