Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 99325 times)

« Reply #315 on: June 04, 2010, 08:57:24 AM »
I'm just really mad that the long jump shortcut after the Thwomps is so much harder to pull off now.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #316 on: June 11, 2010, 12:53:40 AM »
YES. The Throwback Galaxy was awesome. But I didn't notice that the wall you needed to chip in Star 6 in SM64 was still chipped. Also, am I the only one who thinks the Star Ball Galaxies are easier then in the first Super Mario Galaxy? Either that or I've gotten better at them. And I even think the one in World S is awesome.
GAY LUIGEH

« Reply #317 on: June 11, 2010, 12:43:45 PM »
Oh yes, today, I finally got my hands on Super Mario Galaxy 2. Wish me the best of luck everyone. I have to admit that it has rather stunning levels.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

« Reply #318 on: June 11, 2010, 12:48:44 PM »
I also think that the Star Ball galaxies are easier.  At least, until they throw a Purple Coin Challenge at you.  Even then, it might be easier than the Rolling Gizmo Galaxy was.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #319 on: June 11, 2010, 03:50:39 PM »
YES. The Throwback Galaxy was awesome. But I didn't notice that the wall you needed to chip in Star 6 in SM64 was still chipped. Also, am I the only one who thinks the Star Ball Galaxies are easier then in the first Super Mario Galaxy? Either that or I've gotten better at them. And I even think the one in World S is awesome.
At first I didn't like Fluzzard either, but after a few attempts at racing I got the hang of it.  I disliked the Star Ball levels in SMG, but found them easier (so far) in SMG2.  In both types of levels I'd have preferred a horizontal Wiimote configuration like Kororinpa: Marble Mania though.  I can see why they didn't do that with the Nunchuk and having to dis/reconnect it.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #320 on: June 11, 2010, 07:46:51 PM »
Aside from that one Green Star which required a precision leap of faith into the abyss, none of this game's Star Ball courses gave me much trouble.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #321 on: July 06, 2010, 06:35:58 PM »
Grandmaster Galaxy was disappointingly easy. When I got to the Hammer Bros. part, I was like, holy crap, but then it just abruptly ends right after that. [darn] it, I thought there'd be much more. It's only a challenge if you fabricate your own challenge. I wanted some like... SMB2J crap where I would be barely skating by with epic jumps on the brink of death at almost all times, but it was not that.

Speaking of which, I've gotten my 9,999 star bits and have had them for a good long while. When the hell does the prankster comet for grandmaster appear?! I was wondering if I had to beat Bowser again like you have to do to unlock green stars, but there was no such prompt. I've played a million levels and dunno what to do. How long am I gonna have to sit there before it shows up?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #322 on: July 06, 2010, 06:51:02 PM »
Do you have the comet medal for the level?  And have you collected all the other Green Stars?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #323 on: July 06, 2010, 06:57:07 PM »
Of course, man. I got the comet medal on the first run and I'm sitting on 241 stars right now. I figured it'd appear immediately after getting 9,999, but I've beat the game again, played a million levels over again... I've tried everything, so... I dunno what the deal is or how long it should take for it to appear.

« Reply #324 on: July 06, 2010, 09:19:55 PM »
I believe you have to deposit 9,999 to the Banker Toad after you get all the Comet Medals to make the last star appear.

« Reply #325 on: July 06, 2010, 09:23:47 PM »
Fawful Fan has a point. Try removing a Star Bit from your bank, and then replacing it.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #326 on: July 06, 2010, 09:26:55 PM »
I believe you have to deposit 9,999 to the Banker Toad after you get all the Comet Medals to make the last star appear.

That makes sense and I'm about to try that just to rule it out. However, I don't believe there's much importance there because when you get 9,999 star bits, Lubba says "hey, I wonder what happens when you collect 9,999 star bits! prolly somethin cool" and makes no mention of needing to deposit your star bits into the account. Also, some of the guides I've looked at have made no mention of the Banker Toad in regard to unlocking the comet for the last galaxy. As in, they just tell you that you need to max out your star bit count in general.

« Reply #327 on: July 07, 2010, 09:49:21 AM »
I am stuck on the second Fluzzard level at the Fleet Glide Galaxy. Do you have any advice for me?
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #328 on: July 07, 2010, 09:13:32 PM »
I am stuck on the second Fluzzard level at the Fleet Glide Galaxy. Do you have any advice for me?

"Go fast, pull up hard."

« Reply #329 on: July 08, 2010, 10:31:42 PM »
That's strange.  I never made the Cosmic Spirit appear (actually, I did once, but didn't save so she wasn't there next time).  My brother played in his file and made her appear.  Now, she appears in my file every time.  Has this happened to anyone else?  It's not a big deal since there's no penalty to making the Super Guide appear like there was in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but I'm just wondering if this happened to anyone else or if there is a reason behind this.

Print