Print

Author Topic: The Album Cover Game  (Read 13170 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: April 23, 2009, 02:32:54 AM »
First, go to a random Wikipedia article. This is your band's name.
Then, scroll to the bottom of here. The last four words of the last quote are the title of the album.
Take the fourth picture from here. This is the picture for the album cover.
Finally, put it in Paint, GIMP, Photoshop, or other image editor of your choice, make a cover out of it, and put it up here.

Here's what I've done so far:

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 04:54:12 AM »
Excellent thread.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 12:36:43 PM »

Politics of Lower Saxony
A British indie band known for changing the genre of each of their albums, POLS's new sixth studio album is a fusion of aggressive death metal and faux-French hip-hop. Highlights include the tracks "The Deeper They Burn", the title track, and "Oui, Fromage (The Only French Words I Know)".
every

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 04:52:31 PM »

This is great.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 05:03:03 PM by Bigluigifan1.0 »
I'm a horrible person.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 05:37:44 PM »

No! I don't want that!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 05:53:57 PM »

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 06:14:19 PM »

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 06:19:24 PM »

What's your problem, Cambodian?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 06:45:35 PM »

Vitas - Dreams of thy Youth
Fans of Vitas will be surprised with their sophomore effort, Dreams of Thy Youth; it's a change from their first album's established style in many ways. The screaming punk anthems of before are now augmented with bittersweet love ballads and occasional atmospheric outings. While the changeup is welcome, there will undoubtably be some mixed feelings among the band's established fanbase.

Blackfriars Road - Nuclear War is Unsettling
The debut album from this Austrian hard rock group is quite a mixed bag. While the two popular preview singles released on MySpace, "Cars and Guns" and "Brass Balls", have gained much popularity, the band's single-minded focus on rocking out is often at odds with their thoughtful, socially conscious lyrics.
every

CrossEyed7

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 06:47:18 PM »

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 06:59:38 PM »
That lowercase e is really nicely placed.

Sadly I cannot particiapate at this point, being at work.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 07:27:35 PM »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 07:33:56 PM »
This is so cool. Your idea, or what?

Just wait until I can use Photoshop on a better basis...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 08:17:40 PM »
Meme's been around for a couple of years.  I got this back in the day:

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 08:51:40 PM »

CrossEyed7

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 11:47:38 AM »

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 12:44:11 PM »
I forgot how much I really know how to do in GIMP.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 01:59:37 PM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 03:41:41 PM »

Possibility Theory - Take it From Us
After a six-year hiatus, DnB duo Possibility Theory (Archibald Tiddlywinks Jr and John Waters) is back, with a fresh, innovative spin on their established formula. Their heavy drum-n-bass is tinged with flavors of rock, world music, and hip-hop. Highlights include the track "Alligator" and "Break the Chains", the latter featuring Tiddlywinks' never-before-heard rap skills.

Ioannis Protos - Greatest Threat to Liberty
Featuring stripped-down, minimalist production, pounding beats, and extremist political rants from lead singer Jasmine Novano, Greek prog-rock band Ioannis Protos' new album is a mixed bag. The instrumentals of the songs are relentlessly energetic and creative, especially on the tracks featuring guest guitarist Archy Farnsworth. However, Novano's nonsensical, atonal ravings make little logical sense and seem haphazardly shoehorned over the tracks.
every

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 08:05:59 PM »
I swear this was the fourth picture.

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 09:07:01 PM »
I haven't the technical competence with all this 20th-Century gadgetry to make and host my own images, but here be the results nonetheless:

Artist: Mühlenkopfschanze
Album title: "a collection of books."
Album cover: I'll admit that I refreshed the page until a suitably square, album-shaped image appeared, but... yeah.

If anyone feels compelled to create said album cover, prease do.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 12:34:10 AM »

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 08:05:43 PM »
This is way too addictive.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 08:41:22 PM »

William St. John Forman - Not Understanding Some Things
Forman's quaint style of nerdy electro-folk has had him labeled as the next Jonathan Coulton, though this moniker is not quite accurate. Focusing on more down-to-earth themes of love, abandonment, and loss of loved ones, Forman's unique prose uses strange time signatures and stream-of-consciousness rambling. A must for fans of experimental music.

Ohrid-Debar Uprising - Convenience of the Hour
A heavy combination of hard rock, hip-hop, and politics in the vein of Rage Against the Machine (though sadly nowhere near their league) ODU has put out a solid debut effort. Omar Dalton's rhymes mesh quite well with the guitars and drums, but too many of the songs feature similar tempo, riffs and subject matter. However, the title track, "Convenience of the Hour", a scathing diatribe against the media's use of new art forms as scapegoats, shows the promise that other, less inspired tracks on the album, lack.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2009, 11:52:17 AM »

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2009, 07:59:18 PM »

CrossEyed7

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 04:41:02 PM »
I know this is old and dead, but I suddenly felt like doing a couple more.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 05:20:18 PM »

Boyne Falls, Michigan - Strike That, Reverse It
A stylist combination of Tom Waits, Nine Inch Nails and Mary J. Blige, Boyne Falls (the new side project from Ioannis Protos lead singer Jasmine Novano) is one of this year's underlooked gems. The stark ranting vocals that Novano is known for have been replaced with uplifting, R&B-style singing, and the minimalist production of previous efforts has been reworked, incorporating industrial and jazz elements into the sound. A must-own for anyone looking for something different.

Flecknoe - Little Hope For Advancemen
In a move sure to please fans, Flecknoe's fouteenth studio album is almost exactly the same in sound as their previous efforts - fast-paced, radio-friendly pop-punk with a cynical biting edge, like Blink-182 meets Green Day. Of particular note is the bizarre title track featuring Lil Wayne, featuring a verse by the rapper that has nothing to do with the otherwise rather downbeat song. "I recorded this verse a month ago, doesn't matter what I say / I'll make lots of cash and you'll listen to it anyway", raps Wayne. Indeed.
every

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 05:33:20 PM »
Question: Is it permissible to refresh the random-quote/-picture/-article page until suitable results appear?

EDIT: I didn't for this one, mind you.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 05:37:43 PM by Weegee »

CrossEyed7

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2010, 05:36:51 PM »
Only if you don't tell us.

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2010, 09:20:46 PM »
I would totally buy this.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 09:50:58 AM »

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 10:16:31 AM »
This topic certainly deserved a bump.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 10:17:46 PM »
Playground - Exhausted All Other Alternatives

A

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 01:38:51 PM »

"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

Print