Print

Author Topic: New game making program  (Read 2381 times)

« on: April 16, 2007, 06:42:59 PM »
It's not out yet, but it's scheduled to come out in May. Stencyl

It looks good so far and I'm going to try it out when it comes out. For those who enjoy making games or are interested in starting, this may be something to try out. I know a lot of you probably aren't into making games, but you never know.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 05:35:20 AM »
If I remember about this, I'll probably download it fairly quickly. I'm already fairly used to RM2k/2k3 and MMF, but this looks quite easy to use.

*adds to bookmarks*
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 03:44:38 PM »
Can't tell much about it so far.

What is interesting is how the screenshots make it seem that this is simply for cloning games, with its NSMB-style SMB level (complete with incorrect piranha plant), and Mega Man X (the window's even labelled as "Boomer Kuwanger 2").

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 04:18:01 PM »
Now if only they'd release a program that's like Flash but really easy to use...

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 05:00:21 PM »
I'm just realizing now, they say that they basically supply the kits and you can do what you want with them...

The kits are (for now) Jumpman (Mario), Blue Bomber (Mega Man X), Mana Sword (Secret of Mana), JTactics (Fire Emblem), and Lead Curtain (this is for shooting things).

Practically useless if you aren't able to create your own (I doubt you won't, but still)

Print