Print

Author Topic: Luigis Mansion Tips & tricks  (Read 12547 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« on: July 03, 2008, 04:10:04 PM »
Luigi's Mansion tips, tricks and facts

I hope some of this info will be helpful, I've beat this game 8 times so I know alot of stuff about it! Here go's:

1. The hidden mansion is the same as the regular mansion except harder.  Enemys take 20 heart points from you instead of 10!  And the bosses intelligence is increased.

2.Secret room.  In the room where you suck up the Butler.  Face the right wall near the door and press X, you should see a mouse hole, put the circle on it and press.  You will then be sucked into a room full of ghosts and lots of treasure!

3. On the roof, climb the ladder on the right chimmney and fall in.  You will be in another treasure room. (you all probably know that one already)

4. To get a gold diamond: After beating dog, water weird plant in that dirt patch.  After beating Bogmire (the ghost in the cemetary) water the plant. After beating bobolous (the giant boo) water it and will then spit money and the gold diamond.  Also getting all 50 boos will get you a second.

5.  I don't know if this one works.  I have never tried it like I tried all the other ones.  But it is said that when you wake up the baby, and he trys to attack you,  if you run around him 20 times you will become invincible.  I will try it soon and report back. Unless someone else here already knows it works.

6. You know those big hearts that restore 50 health?  Well here is where they are:

A. In the babys room in the dresser on the right side next to the door

B. In one of the head stones in the cemetary.

C. In the little lepord print box in the safari room on the bottom right of room

D. In the basement room where all the dust piles are in the shelf in the middle of room

6. If you teleport back to the foyer from the mirror in king boos little lair.  The way you go back is changed.  It makes a different noise and appearance.

7. The first light you walk up to in king boos lair has a blue diamond in it.

I have found all of this stuff (I'm definitely not the first to find it though, I mean I found it by myself) except the baby invincible trick. And this is just skimming the surface.  I'm planning on making a Luigis mansion guide.  (just for fun!) :)
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:10:53 PM »
Ooh! Ooh! Should I mention the glitch I found?

You also forgot to mention that the Poltergust has a bit more sucking power in the Hidden Mansion. Great for those ghosts that you just can't seem to get a gold frame for before. I'm looking at you, Sir Weston.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 06:21:57 PM »
Sir Weston was the coolest ghost in the game!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 07:57:47 PM »
Sir Weston was the coolest ghost in the game!

Who is he again? I know I played through it aprox. 7 times, but I still don't remember him.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:21:02 PM »
I think he's the ice explorer guy in the freezer. Maybe.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 08:51:37 PM »
That would be correct.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 09:03:02 PM »
Yes, I did forget to mention that you have more sucking power.  Thanks for making note of that.  But what glitch are you talking about?  I'd like to hear it.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 07:38:24 AM »
It's one I found a few years back. Nothing major I suppose, but still cool to do. Here's how...

1) Go to the roof and knock Luigi's health down to below 30. You can use the Fire Elemental from the camfire to do so. On a side note, the campfire itself is harmless.
2) Take the elevator down and then immediately back up. Now you should notice that Luigi is in his panting animation, but he's looking at something on the floor and to the right.
3) Use the C-stick to turn Luigi so he's facing 7 o' clock. Luigi will turn his head all the way around and it goes through the Poltergust!

Also, as soon as you get off the elevator, use the C-stick to turn Luigi around so he's looking right at you and press the A button, he'll tug on something that's not there!

Here's a video of it in action. Enjoy!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 09:35:22 AM »
They called Luigi's Poltergust 3000 the "Poltergeist 3000" in the PMTTYD guide...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 10:44:17 AM »
I don't have Luigi's Mansion... mainly because I can't buy anymore GameCube games. My GameCube Wavebird is broken. :(

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 07:37:51 PM »
Luigi's Mansion sucks... ghosts!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 08:21:16 PM »
Mushroom Boy beat you to that one (or a similar joke) by about seven years.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 09:51:57 PM »
Curses! I thought so... (how did you remember that far back?)

CrossEyed7

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 01:36:11 AM »
As a rule, if it's useless and I saw it, I probably remember it.

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 12:08:35 PM »
Here are some of the gold mouse locations:

safari room

dining room

2nd floor hallway

3rd floor hallway

Can anyone find any more?
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 12:40:10 PM »
The sealed room that you access through the chimney. Be prepared to run through the mansion several times. It randomly appears.

Print