Print

Author Topic: Anyone else play Team Fortress?  (Read 41750 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2009, 10:22:27 AM »
I played TF2 for the first time in a while yesterday. Everyone was either a Soldier with a Direct Hit or a Demoman with an Eyelander. I was a Pyro. Someone suggested I leave since no one plays Pyro anymore.
every

« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2009, 12:51:45 PM »
I've never played, but I found this and wanted to share.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2009, 01:44:09 PM »
Glorb, Soldier and Demoman use will die down after the next patch.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2009, 02:01:04 PM »
The whole Chargin' Targe, Eyelander Demoman combo is way overpowered and should be nerfed soon.

« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2009, 04:05:57 PM »
I agree. I haven't seen a Demoman use his stickies/grenades since the update.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2009, 08:10:05 PM »
Glorb, Soldier and Demoman use will die down after the next patch.

And then everyone will be an Engie holed up in their respective forts and no one will kill anyone else.

Also, yeah, the Eyelander is cool on paper but massively rather overpowered. I'm tired of spewing flames of hatred down on a Demo's head for about five minutes while the dude swings his sword at me and keeps missing. All it does it make him take an extra ten seconds to kill and **** me off rather massively when he manages to get a lucky hit in.

Although I love the Equalizer; not because I own one, because I don't, but because noob Soldiers think that rushing in with pickaxes blazing will work after the fifteenth time they die doing it. I managed to get chased by one all the way to my own base in Doublecross (my favorite new map, BTW) before he got cut down by a sentry.
every

TEM

« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2009, 10:21:33 PM »
He may not have killed you, but he did chase you back to your own base. I love the Equalizer, and I'm not so sure about the Demoman with the Chargin' Targe and Eyelander being overpowered anymore. I think it's because everyone is still in WAR mode and wants to play Soldiers vs. Demo, but with that shield the Demoman becomes a soldier's nightmare. However, the Demoman has no boosted defense against good old-fashioned bullets, and when using a Heavy (not to mention a Heavy with a Medic) the HP-deficient Eyelander Demo is deadmeat.

« Reply #112 on: December 24, 2009, 03:10:06 AM »
As Heavy I kill 90% of Chargin' Targe Demos before they get to me. My main problem is that a lot of Demos aren't using their bombs anymore.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2009, 12:49:50 PM »
Since 90% of the enemies I face as a Pyro are flame-resistant Demos, I've decided to switch to my other standby, the Spy. I got five backstabs in one life, all of them Demomen.

I feel really good right now.
every

« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2009, 03:13:15 PM »
Downloading TF2 at this very moment, can someone please give me some advice as to what I should actually do in the game? =D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

TEM

« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2009, 03:51:07 PM »
I find that the best way to go about that is for a more knowledgeable friend to train you in an empty server.

« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »
Protip: To kill enemies, shoot at them until they die. Or at least hit their weak points for MASSIVE DAMAGE.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #117 on: December 25, 2009, 06:42:52 PM »
Every class is very specialized, kinda, mostly, so at first it'll feel like you're not doing ery well. But keep playing and, uh, you'll suck less. Sounds obvious, but it's very true.

Also, hats do nothing and are worthless.
every

TEM

« Reply #118 on: December 25, 2009, 09:11:15 PM »
I just got two caps in one life as a Heavy on Double Cross. I took out sentries both times without a Medic. When I ran home with the second intel cap my team was cheering me on. The second cap won the game. Feels good. (I killed quite a few people in the process)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2010, 07:45:34 PM »
208.53.160.147:27016

Go to this server. Join red team. Capture points at all costs. If someone tells you not to capture a point do it anyway whie shouting "GO RED!" If someone tries to voteban you, leave, Shift+Tab and change your player name, and re-join, pretending to be a different person.
every

Print