Print

Author Topic: Metroid Other M  (Read 4603 times)

« on: January 04, 2011, 09:54:20 PM »
I finished the story boss and decided to go back and collect all the items I missed. I think I'm stuck though. I have two items left, both in the Main Sector.

One item is in an elevator room close to the hallway that leads to the optional boss, and the other item is in a room close to the room the game is telling me to go to.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 10:00:04 PM »
There's one item in the game that can be missed, but I'm not sure if it's either of the ones you're describing.  I do believe that the one in the elevator can be gotten after you go through the long, curving ramp with all the enemies that teleport in out of nowhere.  Use a Power Bomb on the glass tube that encases the elevator to melt it, then look for a Morph Ball tunnel in the immediate area.  Roll through and you should find a Missile Expansion.

I wish I could be more help, but I don't know the game very well myself, and I've no particular inclination to play it again, since I'd have to put up with the Ridley scene.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:16:20 PM »
That does help. Thanks!

I didn't think the crying scene was that bad..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 10:21:12 PM »
I thought it was horrible and disrespectful to Samus on several levels, but I don't want to write another few essays on the matter.  Suffice it to say that it's inconsistent with everything else we know about Samus, badly executed, and/or a bad idea in theory as well as execution.

...so... uh... you got the items okay?  Uh... yeah...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 10:32:37 PM »
I haven't had the chance to get the items yet. Maybe later, or even tomorrow.

Edit: after some research, it appears that I can't get to the item in the elevator room now. The elevator needs to be functioning. I don't think any of the elevators are functioning at the moment. If I want 100%, I'll have to start a new file. :(
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:52:44 PM by Toad »

Print