Print

Author Topic: Topic names changing on replies  (Read 4783 times)

« on: January 12, 2010, 10:06:43 PM »
If you reply to a topic and give it a subject other than the default, then on the main page it will say for that forum that the Last post was in the (whatever subject name you gave) topic, even though that's not the name of the actual topic. It seems confusing to me because someone might think a topic exists and it doesn't, or they'd click the forum and then struggle to find what they were looking for. I'm not aware of people routinely changing the subject of their posts (I always forget that field is there), so I'd never expect to see a topic name change for no reason. Is this behavior intentional?
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 11:36:52 PM »
The "last post" refers to the title of the post, not to the title of the thread it was posted in.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 01:29:31 AM »
It's confused me before, when I was looking for certain threads. If they changed the subject when they posted in a thread I previously posted in, I would look through my new replies, then think "I don't recall posting in that thread.."

It hasn't happened very recently, though it can be disorienting.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 08:23:18 AM »
I've been similarly disoriented in the past.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print