Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260198 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6000 on: April 08, 2015, 06:59:19 PM »
I was ANGSTing pretty hard last week when Half-life 2 and my daughter's JumpStart games wouldn't work in Windows 10, but Microsoft fixed the issue with JumpStart and I found I can run Half-life 2 windowed. 

Now I'm hopeful they'll fix my other problems:  Office won't work (Win 7 key doesn't work on 10), scroll wheel doesn't work in Spartan, and print doesn't work in Chrome. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6001 on: April 09, 2015, 02:27:43 PM »
LEGO Dimensions! 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6002 on: April 09, 2015, 02:40:49 PM »
Lego Amiibos?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6003 on: April 09, 2015, 02:45:41 PM »
No, LEGO Skylanders.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6004 on: April 09, 2015, 02:50:07 PM »
I hope it's more like LEGO Infinity! 

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #6005 on: April 09, 2015, 03:53:06 PM »
Infinite Legos?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6006 on: April 09, 2015, 04:24:47 PM »
I'm evaluating Windows 10.  While doing so I've found that cloud services with Google+, Amazon, and Dropbox are almost constantly full.  Regardless, the biggest conflicts seems to be between Google, Microsoft, and Steam.  Hmm.  Hopefully, I'm reading too much into this. 

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6007 on: April 09, 2015, 04:49:01 PM »
I've ordered myself a second one of these:

They're discontinued and run $100 used on Amazon, so this is probably my last chance to get one. I still regard it as the best controller I've ever ever used. The size of the face buttons and spacing between them is excellent, six face buttons makes it the best you can get for N64 emulation (although, LT and RT being on an axis makes mapping Z and R a hairy thing for some games), the sticks are great, the D-pad is as good as D-pads get, it's just a really great all-purpose controller. Why do I need another one? In case mine ever breaks, and sometimes for multiplayer.

Other good things in recent history that make me REALLY REALLY HAPPY about my PC as a games machine: I got a new graphics card about a month and a half ago that puts me about on the same level as the 'bone and the PS4, sold my old one, five groups of completely unrelated games I actively wanted (including some I wanted to replace the 360 versions of to play them at higher resolutions/at higher framerates/on a platform I'm going to continue to upgrade and never put away in a box) went on sale in rapid succession, and now that I have a graphics card that supports three displays (maybe more), my setup looks like this:

Drawing tablet lower-left, standard monitor upper left, TV far right all going simultaneously. Laptop upper middle, foot lower middle. Neither of those are connected to my desktop PC. I used to only be able to have two displays active at a time on my old GPU or my laptop. I've also figured out how to properly map my tablet's range to just the monitor it's for and not the entire desktop, so I can draw crap while a movie is on or something.

It's nothing super special but it's really cool, and always a lot of fun to do new stuff with my computer.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6008 on: April 09, 2015, 05:00:39 PM »
Are you a hobbit?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6009 on: April 09, 2015, 07:26:22 PM »
I'm sure the sum of my body hair would look like nothing next to your neck.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6010 on: April 09, 2015, 07:36:58 PM »
Everything looks like nothing next to my neck.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:27:58 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #6011 on: April 09, 2015, 08:48:49 PM »
LEGO Dimensions!
I really wanted to like the idea. This is the game I've wanted since the beginning. But I just can't get behind the NFC figure part here. It's like buying a house but having to buy keys for all the rooms separately.

« Reply #6012 on: April 10, 2015, 12:35:47 AM »
You need as much money as two houses cost to afford Lego these days anyway.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6013 on: April 19, 2015, 11:07:31 AM »
I graduated from college yesterday summa cum laude and with honors in my major.  Time to start lookin' for work.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #6014 on: April 19, 2015, 12:46:09 PM »
Awesome! Your new avatar looks so perfect with that post, too!
that edgeworth tho
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Print