Print

Author Topic: New Mario titles unveiled at E3  (Read 56119 times)

« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2009, 11:45:17 PM »
Bouldergeist's Daredevil run is a good contender, but I was thinking more of either Purple Coins in the Bone Pen, or either of the two Stars you get for blowing up the garbage in the Dreadnought..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2009, 07:45:46 AM »
Oh, yeah, those are rough too.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2009, 01:30:47 PM »
My vote goes to the second trash-destroying star. Honestly, it's almost as hard as the average Sunshine level. Eeuugh.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2009, 02:25:54 PM »
Well, there are embedded coins to show you where to throw all of them... (but, yeah, it is still pretty tough)

As for SMS, now that game was too hard in some places.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2009, 02:54:29 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if there's a huge gap in reality between me and the rest of this community in terms of Mario game difficulty...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2009, 06:58:15 PM »
Sunshine wasn't that hard, just... tedious.  Not that it didn't have a couple of hard stars (the giant plinko/pinball board with the red coins, the toxic river where you had to ride the leaf and steer it with FLUDD into the red coins)...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2009, 07:11:05 PM »
Amen to the toxic river level in particular. If that had been in 64, simply making it to the island with Yoshi would've earned you a star.

« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2009, 07:37:53 PM »
The Bone Pen and hidden Dreadnought star both just take up time and require luck. Not really difficult. If anything, the Luigi's Purple Coins star is the hardest SMG star.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »
I actually prefer to do the toxic river shine without the leaf, as I find it easier to go back and collect the coins.

Amen to the toxic river level in particular. If that had been in 64, simply making it to the island with Yoshi would've earned you a star.

I was actually thinking of making a video of getting to the island with Yoshi by hovering.

The Bone Pen and hidden Dreadnought star both just take up time and require luck. Not really difficult. If anything, the Luigi's Purple Coins star is the hardest SMG star.

I disagree with this statement. The Bone Pen Purple Coin star requires you to gather 100 Purple Coins and the star in a minute. This means that you must collect more than 1 coin per second while using Pull Stars. If you think strategically and get the hang of the Pull Star physics, you will find out that the star isn't luck based at all and only requires quick thinking.

I believe that the Sea Slide Galaxy's Purple Coin star is the most time consuming star in the entire game because all of the Purple Coins are scattered across the entire galaxy, and the galaxy is very big.

Back on topic:

I would like Super Mario Galaxy 2 to be harder because I thought the first one was too easy.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:22:38 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2009, 12:45:24 PM »
Bone Pen wasn't hard for me, I beat it on my first try randomly clicking Pull Stars.  Luigi's Purple Coins , and definitely the Bouldergeist run, were genuinely hard, but my votes for hardest are the Dreadnought trash dump and Rolling Gizmo Galaxy objectives.

I'm also with Kimimaru on the Sea Slide one.  I say, SMG2 should be time-consuming because of difficulty, not boring, long but not particularly hard challenges.  And if Luigi returns, the 121st star objective should be a painfully long and hard level making use of both Bros. and multiple powerups, not another Grand Finale Galaxy-esque objective.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2009, 01:11:48 PM »
And if Luigi returns, the 121st star objective should be a painfully long and hard level making use of both Bros. and multiple powerups, not another Grand Finale Galaxy-esque objective.

Yes, that would be a great addition! I think adding in Yoshi would make this idea even better.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2009, 01:16:54 PM »
making use of both Bros.

Would you be suggesting a swap-in feature here?

« Reply #192 on: August 16, 2009, 01:02:43 AM »
Yes, that would be a great addition! I think adding in Yoshi would make this idea even better.

The addition of Toad would make this a.. stellar idea.

Yeah, I totally went there!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #193 on: August 16, 2009, 09:27:31 PM »
Would you be suggesting a swap-in feature here?
Indeed.  And @Kimimaru, Yoshi would indeed make it even better.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Print