Print

Author Topic: New Mario titles unveiled at E3  (Read 56127 times)

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 09:09:44 PM »

DUBBLE WOOT!

MORTON?! IT'S BEEN YEARS SINCE WE'VE LAST MET! MY, HOW YOU'VE GROWN!

My thoughts regarding this matter cannot be expressed by mere words, so I'll let the Lonely Island convey my sentiments herein.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 09:12:35 PM »
CrossEyed dies now for dissing Yoshi's Island.
I said not counting them. I didn't count them because despite technically being a sequel to Super Mario World in America, they're a significantly different kind of game (one that I enjoy quite a bit, for the record). And besides, when you play YI, you're not riding Yoshi, you're carrying Mario.

I just realized that I'm really looking forward to seeing the Koopalings in the next sports/kart game. (And just in case I haven't enraged BP enough with that, WAI DUNT UR CARTUN GUISE HAVE REEL EYEZ?)

Weegee, every once in a while I wonder if you're me from the future. If you are, is my future girlfriend hot?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:32:27 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 09:35:16 PM »
What do I care about the Koopalings? They're gonna be in NSMBW but they're not going to play any real roles, they're not gonna say anything beyond "Braaaaarghhh!!!" and they're not going to do anything special. Their appearance will be forgotten as was their appearance in M&L:SS and the whining for them will continue.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 07:40:24 AM »
Well, I'm glad as long as you don't have to face Bowser Jr. over and over again.

Come on, BP... Show a little love!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 08:00:17 AM »
What do I care about the Koopalings? They're gonna be in NSMBW but they're not going to play any real roles, they're not gonna say anything beyond "Braaaaarghhh!!!" and they're not going to do anything special. Their appearance will be forgotten as was their appearance in M&L:SS and the whining for them will continue.

Any role > None at all.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 08:17:31 AM »
New Super Mario Bros. Wii

I didn't have to read past the first five words of that post to start liking Nintendo again...  SMG2 and Wii Sports Resort seem interesting as well, though.

However, two Toads as playable characters? Why not M&L, Yoshi and Toad?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 08:19:32 AM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 11:11:55 AM »
Well, I'm glad as long as you don't have to face Bowser Jr. over and over again.

I like you, kid.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2009, 12:56:37 PM »
I didn't have to read past the first five words of that post to start liking Nintendo again...  SMG2 and Wii Sports Resort seem interesting as well, though.

However, two Toads as playable characters? Why not M&L, Yoshi and Toad?
Yoshi's a powerup.  But I wish they could've used Wario and Waluigi, or or even Toad himself with one random Toad, instead of the two random Toads.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 01:02:32 PM »

First thing you've ever said I didn't agree with.

But Koopalings? YES! YES! Nintendo is finally starting to love thier fans again. (Now, about Earthbound...)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 02:29:46 PM »
That's how it's going to be, and I'll be there and say "I told you, didn't I?"
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2009, 02:48:41 PM »
Yoshi's a powerup.  But I wish they could've used Wario and Waluigi, or or even Toad himself with one random Toad, instead of the two random Toads.

Those two Toads are probably just placeholders for the real Toad. I hope that's what they are, anyway..

Since Toad is finally playable in a Mario platformer that has fire flowers, what are his firey colors? I know the show had him in a red and white combo, but that was ages ago..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »
Yellow with red spots, judging from a screenshot. That may only be the yellow Toad's colors, though.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2009, 03:19:26 PM »
Perhaps the game will include a roster of over four playable characters, including a number of identical Toads with different colour schemes.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2009, 03:22:10 PM »
Hey, I just noticed the SMG2 trailer music has a snippet or two from the Gusty Garden Galaxy theme.  Awesome.  I wonder if they'll actually use that theme in-game?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Sqrt2

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2009, 06:05:18 PM »
Perhaps the game will include a roster of over four playable characters, including a number of identical Toads with different colour schemes.

I'd rather have Peach and "The" Toad playable, so that I can pretend that it is SMB2, just without the vegetable throwing.
AA fanboy and proud!

Print