Print

Author Topic: Revolution controller revealed!  (Read 30591 times)

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2005, 08:35:42 AM »
Fine. Sorry Watoad

Nintendo,Mario,and Bomberman pwns. Sony,Microsoft,and Halo are n00bs.

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2005, 09:54:49 AM »
"At least a "B" button near the big "A""

It is near the big A. It's right behind it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2005, 11:27:31 AM »
Thank you, Aarom11.

I just noticed that there are three broken images in Luigison's post pointing to URLs at gamesarefun.com. I don't know if different browsers act differently about bandwidth-saving image protection, but I'll assume that they're broken for everyone and post them again. Of course, if it is a problem for everyone, then feel free to change the URLs in your post, Luigison, to the locations below, and then I'll remove the following from this post.

"Dang, TEM lives in a low-quality area." ~ Lizard Dude

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2005, 12:19:32 PM »
IGN made a mockup of the "shell" I posted about.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2005, 12:40:27 PM »
I hope they make a lightsaber shell.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Edited by - TEM on 9/18/2005 11:40:54 AM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2005, 03:13:52 PM »
I was searching with Google for a possible image of what TEM mentioned, thinking that probably others have thought of the same thing just as they have with the images above. I found no such image, but I cam across this funny (and unrelated) paragraph instead:

I doubt you'd be forced to imitate the people in the Nintendo video. That's for dramatic effect. Realistically, there's not much more motion involved than computer gaming with keyboard + mouse, if you want to be low-key about it. Anyway, have you watched other people play video games? A lot of them wave their controllers around like a spaz anyway. At least with the Revolution controller, it would actually have an effect.

Source.

"Dang, TEM lives in a low-quality area." ~ Lizard Dude

Edited by - WaToaD on 9/18/2005 2:15:24 PM

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2005, 05:56:16 PM »
How true! My brother never has his controller level with the ground.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2005, 07:10:10 PM »
More mockups then you can shake a Revolution controller at:  http://www.4colorrebellion.com/revolution-controller-mockups/
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2005, 08:13:17 PM »
At this point, Google hasn't updated, so you still can't image search for "revolution controller"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2005, 08:56:14 AM »
Try "Nintendo Revolution Controller". And you know what would be a cool "shell"? A BobIt-type shell. That would be cool, but crazy-hard to control. CRAZY hard.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2005, 07:01:32 PM »
I have been doing a lot of thinking about this. I have come up with several points, some good, some bad. I am going to break down each point and then summarize them at the end.

1) Good Idea. I like the motion sensative controller, however it seems like it may be difficult to use, or to get the hang of.

2) Not enough Buttons! For many games the single 2 bottons that are reachable in the normal position are not sufficient. Don't tell me about the "shells," I am getting there. I feel it will be difficult to play many of the new, more complicated games with 2 buttons.

3) "The Shells." This is a money making gimic. If you want to play THIs game, you will need this shell, because the normal controller is not sufficient. This will happen to many games, mark my words. If they can make and sell new games at $50, that will leave $10 for a new "shell." Seems stupid to me. Make the games at $50, and dont make us spend anymore money.

4) Position of the controller. Most people I know do not hold a controller at a straight angle while playing. That used to have no effect on the game play, now it has all the effect. Seems a little fishy to me.

5) Joystick. Has anyone here *tried* to play golgeneye single player with the two controller mode? I have, it is most difficult to hold two contollers at the same time and controll with them both.

Now... don't get me wrong, good idea by Nintendo trying to pioner a new era in gaming. I respect that. Nintendo did a wonderful job with the system itself, and I hope with the games as well. The controller is also an excellent Idea, but my main point in this rambling is: Great idea, Poor execution. I know that I will make several enemies with this post, and I could very well be wrong. From hat I have seen, gameplay and picture wise, I am slightly confused why. But, I must totally judge it for myself when I actually play it. I can only hope that I will be wrong.

Johnny thought he was a chemist, but dosen''t any more,
What he thought was H2O was H2SO4!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2005, 07:13:21 PM »
That controller seems too bizarre and difficult to manuver. Also, What's the point of having two peices to it??? Game controllers have been succsesfull in the past by having a simple structure, and that dosent seem very simple to me.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2005, 09:48:16 PM »
I bet it could become simple if you get used to it.

Insane Steve: at first I didn't know what you were talking about and then I finally realised the obvious.  Do you think that maybe it's possible that the "inside machinary" or whatever behind the control pad could flip over so that right becomes up and etc.?  I don't know how else they could do it, except for manually turning something or hitting a switch that changes the pad to a second set of buttons.

In the Rev controller video on Nintendo they said that you could play musical instruments.  I hope there will be a drumming game because I've always wanted to learn how to play them (one reason I got Donkey Konga).

YR's prediction: Mario Party 8 shall be insane beyond our beliefs.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 9/24/2005 10:02:42 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2005, 09:57:59 PM »
YR's prediction: Mario Party 8 shall be insane beyond our beliefs.

I think WarioWare Revolution will be even more insane.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2005, 04:23:11 PM »
The picture MB put up with the "shell" looks exactly like a GameCube controller. I wouldn't mind that.

My friend John: Wow! I can see my own breath! It''s already that time of year?
Me: No. Your breath just smells. Really bad.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print