Enamel Navy
4 (21.1%)
Other
6 (31.6%)
None
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Print

Author Topic: New Nintendo DS!  (Read 22517 times)

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2006, 11:55:30 PM »
Ice Blue!
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2006, 11:55:47 PM »
Why would you have three DS's?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2006, 11:59:30 PM »
Why would you have three DS's?
I only have two now.  One for me and one for my wife.  She typically only plays on trips, so I was using one of them for my Animal Crossing town and bought a red one for my Xmas vacation.  It had two dead pixel so I took it back.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2006, 12:07:06 AM »
I see. That sounds pretty cool to have two DS's at a time. Think of the possibilities! :o

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll trade in my DS for a Lite. Is there some kind of deal for trading in a DS for a DS Lite? There was when the SP came out.

I think Lite looks very interesting. When I heard that the Micro was coming out, I thought to my self: "Why do they keep making Advances? At least make a remake of the DS!".

So the features are: Buttons in different places, brighter, smaller, new stylus, and will cost $140. Is there anything more?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2006, 02:06:56 AM »
I voted Enamel Navy. White is't really the kind of thing I'd carry around. Ice blue is... well, girly. Of course, I'll probably never end up getting one of these things. At least not until after I have a Revolution, good Revolution games, a Play-Yan, and a job. Good thing I don't have to ask my parents for a car. My dad's just going to make the necessary changes to the Ghia. He has 2 years to do that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2006, 08:03:34 AM »
I voted Other because I'd like to have a clear one. Or at least somewhat clear.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2006, 12:46:19 PM »
You mean like that purple GameBoy Color where you can see through the plastic? That would kinda cool.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2006, 04:34:17 PM »
My gosh, with all the awesome new colors and whatnot, it's getting harder and harder for me to resist buying one for myself..

The problem with getting a new DS (for me anyway) is that your all your friend codes will be gone for all your games and you'll have a completely different friend code for yourself.

So you'll have to enter all your friends' friend codes and have all your friends re-enter your brand new friend code in order for them to play with you.

But man, the DS Lite is just so darn good-lookin'. :( :(
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2006, 04:37:14 PM »
Actually, the friend codes stick with your game. The WFC settings will change, though. So you'll still have your friend code along with the ones you already registered.

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2006, 04:51:44 PM »
Oh wow, so where did I hear that my friend codes get deleted then?

*shrug*

Ah well. Guess that gives me more reason to get the Lite.
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2006, 04:58:59 PM »
About the GBA cartridges sticking out, I won't mind it because I'm used to playing GB and GBC game on my SP.

Not to mention games like Boktai on my DS.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2006, 05:26:40 PM »
I don't really see the point of all these system redesigns. They frustrate me. Like the GBA to GBA SP made me go "-_-;", considering I already had a GBA, so I didn't see the point of "upgrading" it when the only real difference was the shape of it (which I like the original GBA shape better; it feels more comfortable) and the backlit screen. The only pro to me was the backlit screen, and that wasn't worth buying an entirely new GBA for. Had I not had a GBA, I probably would've gotten the SP.

Anyway, I really don't see the point of the DS Lite. From what I've seen, it's just...slightly smaller. And the buttons are arranged slightly differently. I could be wrong, though, but I don't know. I'm also not usually one for "compact" handhelds.
I'm perfectly content with my DS. Everything about it has been great--the design, shape, color, screens, lighting, rechargability, etc. I can't think of what could be improved upon, other than the ability to play GBC and GB games.

While I like the ice blue and navy colors best for the Lite, I voted "none", since I don't intend on buying one.

Edit: What REALLY makes me go "wtd" is the Game Boy Micro. I seriously don't see the point of buying something like that, since it doesn't do anything the GBA or SP can't do, and especially since it's so incredibly small.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 07:42:55 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2006, 06:22:15 PM »
And if you're like me and you carry around al your DS games and GBA games with your GBA, you'll have a carrying case and size won't matter.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2006, 07:32:02 PM »
I always see system redesigns as a product targeting the market that does not yet have a system. For example, in my opinion the SP came out for the people who did not yet have a GBA, and that gave them a swift kick off of the fence.

I was very proud of myself, and then immediately disappointed. I had looked and looked and finally found a used GBA with a rechargable battery and charge cord, plus Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons for only 60 bucks. So I went and bought it. About a week later, the SP came out. I wished I had waited just a week longer for the SP, because I think it's so much cooler, and I prefer it way over the GBA just because of the backlit screen. Anyway, I was in luck, because my school started the annual magazine selling fundraiser that week, and the prize for selling 30 or more orders was a GBA SP. I was like WOOO! So after a long three weeks of selling, I ended up with 31 orders, and not only received my silver GBA SP as a prize, but ended up as being the best seller in the entire grade, and won a free xbox. My joy that day was indescribable.

So that's why I had both a GBA and a GBA SP. I suppose I just wanted to say I wouldn't have gotten an SP for money since I already had a GBA. This relates to the NDSLite because if I can't get one for free or can't trade mine in for one (since I have a huge scratch on the screen, thanks to Warioware/Meteos), I'm not going to get one.

To steal one of Watoad's signatures:

[/hogwash]

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2006, 08:00:29 PM »
Actually, the friend codes stick with your game. The WFC settings will change, though. So you'll still have your friend code along with the ones you already registered.

Not really. You can move WFC settings to another DS. The settings on the first DS will be erased, though.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print