Print

Author Topic: 3DS?  (Read 7917 times)

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« on: January 12, 2012, 08:07:28 PM »
I was just curious as to everyone's thoughts about the 3DS.  Is it good or just a waste of money?  I was thinking about buying one, and would like to know what kind of game library the 3DS has.
"Oh, you haven't heard?  Because it was my understanding that everyone had heard."
"Heard what?"    "Brian don- A-b-b-bird bird bird, bird is the word!"

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 08:17:36 PM »
I'd suggest waiting for another price drop and/or remodel. The game library isn't that impressive yet.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 08:23:52 PM »
Ok, I've been out of the loop with Nintendo lately.  Are there any good games that are supposed to be coming out soon?
"Oh, you haven't heard?  Because it was my understanding that everyone had heard."

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 08:40:49 PM »
Paper Mario 3DS and Kid Icarus are the first that come to mind, but there are plenty others.

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 09:11:08 PM »
Alright, well in that case I'll probably take your advice and wait for a price drop. Thanks!

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 08:36:38 AM »
The eShop is already amazing.  Between Club Nintendo points and a 20 gift card, I picked up Dr. Mario Express, Super Mario Land 2, Link's Awakening DX and Pushmo.  Pushmo is the most fun I've had with a puzzle game since Portal. 

The 3DS got off to a slow start, but it is easily my most played system since I got it in November.  I love my Wii and my 360, but I'm gaming on a budget, so the 3DS is a crazy value.  Super Mario 3D Land alone pretty much makes the system worth the price of admission.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 07:21:45 PM »
Also there won't be another price drop for a very long time. Same goes for a remodel of the system. With Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 out already, with more AAA titles on the way, I'd say it's a great time to buy it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:05:14 PM by jmdblazer »
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »
How much is this price right now?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 02:59:19 AM »
It goes for about $170, which isn't bad at all.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 08:14:08 AM »
Really? I thought it was much higher than that.  I'll have to start saving up then.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 01:24:13 AM »
I got one on Thursday and, due to not really having any expectations, it greatly exceeded them. And I don't even have a game for it yet.

Except I'm already having this problem where if I look at Autoplay in the 3DS Sound menu, the thing freezes, instantly. I've formatted SD cards and tried removing everything and putting it all back on. It doesn't happen if there's only one song in the root of the card but as soon as I have a folder full of stuff, the crash occurs. And this wasn't happening until today, when I had the opportunity to do a system update and took it.

I can sidestep this by simply making huge playlists and tapping things on the menu past Autoplay, getting to them from there but I'd rather be able to use Shuffle All.

Aside from that I don't really have any complaints, the 3D stuff and the AR games are really amazing. Nintendo's like the Willy Wonka of A/V technology, they essentially invent a handheld window to a world where holograms are real, and they use it as a toy. That's awesome.

Edit: The first update I tried was apparently incomplete. I did another one, fixed the problem, also added the shop. And video mode to the camera. Great, great.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 10:37:08 PM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 11:08:35 AM »
TBA, I just use my 3DS for pokemon trading. I don't think the current library is that impressive yet.  Or at least nothing I want badly enough to spend 40 dollars.  I'm waiting for Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario 3DS.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 10:53:41 AM »
Dude, you should seriously consider giving Mario 3D Land a chance.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 10:01:22 PM »
Indeed. Being on a Mario forum, but not thinking SM3DL is worth 40 dollars?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 12:39:17 AM »
SM3DL is so good. It's too good. It's... Man would anyone agree with me if I said it was better than Super Mario 64
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print