Print

Author Topic: Enough is Enough!  (Read 12006 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2004, 09:12:43 PM »
Insane Steve is correct, and I know I am one to blame. I simply couldn't tolerate the ffact that certain people are on adrenaline rushes by agitating people who can do nothing but merely argue with them on a message board. I should've had more self-control, and I lost it for a week or two. For this, I apologize. Luckily, I've taken an oath to try and disregard any annoying posts by any members and not post my disgust for them as much as I can.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2004, 10:29:21 PM »
Ergh. My first impulses are to post something against some of the comments that have been made here already.

Instead, I'll just leave it at the fact that I feel that some of the comments here are meaningless. You know which ones I think are valid; I hope you know which ones I think are invalid.

The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2004, 12:52:37 AM »
"Thank you for listening to my long post."

This is hilarious coming after BM.

This thread is so vague that I feel not-so-vaguely ill. :P

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

n/a

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2004, 05:02:08 PM »
I agree with all the good points made here.

And, as someone who stopped posting for a year and then came back about a month or so ago, I too have noticed a bit of a change in, well, most everything that was mentioned, and I would be one of the people who would notice it the most, because I did not experience whatever has happened in the last year. There did used to be a different kind of mood or atmosphere to the forums as a whole, but who knows, maybe it's just because old people have gone and new people have come, and it could just even out after a while. I hope I'm not one of the problems...?

Also, (This is kinda off topic, but) someone mentioned something about the chat room… I have never been there. This is because I am on a Mac, so I can’t download mIRC or whatever, and the java version won’t work. Any quick solution anyone can think of off the top of their head? Otherwise I’ll start a new topic or mail the mailbag or something… thanx.

Stupid Phil Quote #1:  The only difference between Alex and Ryan is that they both have blond hair.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2004, 06:25:55 PM »
I noticed that whenever good points are made people jump out of nowhere and start agreeing like crazy.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2004, 06:31:12 PM »
I agree.

"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2004, 06:35:50 PM »
I agree with Lt. Mou agreeing.

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2004, 09:15:07 PM »
Dear n/a,

Watoad will soon, in this very thread, tell you how he gets to the chatroom on a Mac.

Love,
Lizard Dude

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2004, 09:05:18 PM »
Ah, the thrill of pertinence. Haven't felt that much recently. A lot of intelligent comments here -- a good sign. I'll try to respond to everything.

I will adress everyone who posted here, in order:

sadib: Nice to see that you'd miss me, although I don't get that "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA" thing... Try to be a bit less evil, ok? And don't insist that everyone should be banned...

Sapphira: I don't know if I can say I'm "mature" all the time. I will make sporatic off-key comments (especially when mad) so I'm not always "mature". I have noticed the decline of the more "intelligent" posting, replaced more and more with somewhat more... useless posts. Yes, my first few months were also good, and I do miss the time about a year ago. Ah well. Things are constantly changing.

CW: Once again, it appears I'm not the only one who noticed this. I though Watoad stopped posting though...? He's someone I miss from the boards.

donotcare95: In my mind, you haven't done anything stupid. At least, not that I have seen. Although I didn't like the concept of the Yay! threads. Especially the 2nd one, where I explicitly stated that the first one was not acceptable.

Watoad: So you ARE posting somewhat again. You probably have more "swing" with Deezer than I do, though -- I don't think he even really knows me from the forum that much. And reason is always the best action.

About me being the one to post this, again, I rarely make new threads on any forums I frequent, and thus I think that gives my threads that I DO make a bit more... interest? I don't know if this is true, though.

LD: Bored is always fun, although this incarnation seems a lot different from the last few. That is, this one hasn't obtained a plot, and it is about 4 pages long. And there isn't a forum of this size out there where there isn't any flaming or overall idiocy (Except that Lemmings board I go to, although there's something like 10 active members there, so it isn't a board of "this size"). Although I've notice more of it recently, so that is why I posted here.

Markio: What's wrong with being considered mature? And with the emulation comment, I thought that was a remark made when Meowrik expressed how his "experiences with emulators" (It wasn't emulators though, I think it was one of those game-hacking devices) and then contradicted this by saying they were wussies. I knew that could spark a flame war, so I posted about it. Don't worry, you are not someone who flames a whole lot, from what I have seen.

Trainman: You are a good member here. No worries about that. And in a forum with 2600+ members, here I think only about 70-100 post here. Of those, if 60 are intelligent, that makes 60-86% intelligent, although it is those other 10-40 that I am posting about here.

I agree that these boards need better moderation options (This is the only board where MOVING threads, the most basic of mod functions, is not allowed, also you cannot delete individual posts. I'd like that.)

And America has deteriorated far more than this forum has. Of course, relatively. Everything is relative.

TBB: I concur. And sadib's behavior fluctuates in a sort of sinusoidal activitely for some reason. Hmmmmm...

TEM: That wasn't what I had in mind... ;)

BM: ...Wow. I agree with the first part about this thread becoming a flame war, and I'm surprised that it never did become one. This situation isn't all someone's fault... instead, the entire board needs to be more concious of this problem.

I don't really consider the new members to be a major source of the problems. Like you said, a lot don't stick around, and those who do generally don't start problems. I also argee the current members are most responsible for this problem, and again, as you stated, the differences in ideals and demographics will always lead to clashes wherever you go in life. And seeing as to how being able to control your temper is a key to avoiding flame wars, I am VERY suprised I am protesting flaming when I have the personality most inclined for such an event (I.E., logical and short-fused).

In real time, I act A LOT differently than on forums, the difference being that I can think about what I am saying before I say it here. That makes a HUGE difference; on chats, I will not act as maturely at all than on forums. In real time, I will act younger than my age at times (Although I am NOT a 12-year old as Frozen_Solid seems to think -- and I am still bitter about this and will be until I leave here) -- which is why I prefer forums. As such, this breaking of "Mature" vs. "Immature" interests me, seeing as how my maturity is directly proportional to the time I have to say something. It carrying over to the forums is a bit odd, but I do notice it.

And once again as you stated, "mature" is a relative term. What is mature to some (Many of you) is immature to others (Frozen_Solid). Lumping members into these categories can only be a detriment to the forums, for it changes the way we look at posted. If two people say the same thing, and they are interpreted quite differently, there is a problem.

dnc95: And that is why I am no longer going to the chat. A chat password would defeat the prupose of the chatroom, though.

Meowrik: I will say that you do sometimes need to check your post contents. You make a lot of intelligent posts, but also a lot of off-key remarks (That period where you spoke out against any comments made by a new member, for example. I honestly think you chased away at least 2 members). You can't change the past though -- just in the future, think about what you post. Although recently, you have put checs on your post, which is good -- your good posts are very intelligent.

These comments were not meant to offend, just as a bit of advice from another member. Take it as you see fit.

CW: The validity of comments is to be determined by the ones who read it. What is valid to some is invalid to others. I will argee somewhat to this comment, though.

LD: Vague? I see no vagueness here. Perhaps a bit of ... over-concurrence (Is that a word?) but not a lot of vagueness.

n/a: People come and go. And as this happens, the mood of a forum will always change. You are not a problem from was I've seen.

And no, not owning a Mac, I can't help you with the chat issue.

TEM, Lt Mou, Meowrik: I also agree. Strange trend it is, but a very true one. Maybe because a good point is difficult to initially realise, but when it comes, most people have the ability to see it as a good point? That is what I gather from it.

LD: Good to see that Watoad is helping, because I cannot.

Wow. That was long. Anyways, I was not intending to leave (For that was somewhat of a misconception here), I was merely stating that if these trends continued, I'd be left few other options. I'll stay for a while. Just wanted to get this off my chest, that is all.

~Insane Steve
~I.S.~

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2004, 10:42:49 PM »
I just remembered this.  I think I was the first one to abbreviate Insane Steve's name as IS.

If at first you don''t succeed, try until you run out of syrup.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2004, 10:50:32 PM »
I remember when you were a newbie. That wasn't that long ago. I actually remember when everybody was a newbie.

It''s ah me marioguy!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2004, 05:52:56 PM »
Wow, outside of the Story Boards, I don't remember the last time I saw a post that long...

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2004, 07:37:29 PM »
I remember when Peach and Daisy, Rookie, and vepu were newbies.

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2004, 08:18:36 PM »
How long does it take so you're not a newbie anymore?

I'll give you a peach if you give me a daisy.
I'll give you a peach if you give me a daisy.

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2004, 08:23:43 PM »
I've been indifferent to Sadib (who seems to think he's been here longer than he really has) for a long time, but now he's REALLY getting annoying.
Example: Posting the same topic something like seven times.
The content of said topic consists of the word "Yay".

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Print