Print

Author Topic: Awesome WarioWare: Smooth Moves Japanese videos  (Read 11022 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: December 01, 2006, 12:45:58 PM »
With the Wii launch only days away in Japan, a few individuals have gotten a hold of systems as well as copies of Odoru Made in Wario, also known as WarioWare: Smooth Moves.  Five videos have been posted on YouTube showing off several different microgames, and are worth the look.

- 9-Volt & 18-Volt
- 9-Volt & 18-Volt #2
- Penny
- Ashley
- Mona

In particular, the 9-Volt video features several games based on Nintendo games and toys ranging all the way from their playing card manufacturing days to recently released and even unreleased games.  Some are based directly on classic gameplay, while others are completely remade.  Not to spoil the surprise, but the boss battle is something very special.

Nintendo has also opened up their website for the game, which features blog posts by characters from the game.  WarioWare: Smooth Moves is not scheduled for release until January 16th in the US.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 03:07:26 AM by Deezer »

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 02:05:31 PM »
Cool! I'm a huge fan of WarioWare, and I was disapointed that the American Release date had been pushed back to January. Nethiertheless, these new movies more than make up for it. The movies & website talk about Penny, Young Cricket and Master Mantis I heard about on Wikipedia. The cut scenes, look like they were made with flash, but that?s okay. It?s the game play that counts! I actually think it looks cool.

Also, I put Wario's first blog entry into Babel Fish, and got some-interesting- results. Take a look:

Quote from: Babel Fish translation
Furthermore love ワリオブログ today probably teaching イイコト before! How, in addition my game is sold! The name ' メイドインワリオ which threatens '! This is the package! It is the high-class impression perfect score with the special paper! How is! The parenthesis passing, it probably can twist the stomach! You wrote even before, but "etiquette" in diamond city is craze. Then, this certainly...... well, this it is splendid in the gold, if it does not spread in the world, unless will not become, what I plan is the up-to-date work ' メイドインワリオ which threatens '. The game machine which the Nintendo Co. people ' Wii ' with say specially because of this software was made! If this ' Wii ' with ' メイドインワリオ which threatens ' you buy, while you being in the house, furthermore cute it is the っ て case that it can learn etiquette! It was good! Furthermore attaching to the mode which with one controller can be played with the maximum of 12 people. The ワリオ way super the ろ which is liberal it seems? Being too liberal, ウンチ stopped wanting to do! Therefore buy! Sale day is December 2nd!

Now, if only someone here spoke engrish?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 03:20:50 PM by Deezer »
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 03:21:36 PM »
Quote from: Babel Fish translation
Therefore buy! Sale day is December 2nd!
This is all you need to know. :)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 06:27:51 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ashley smiling!!!!!!!!!!!1
I hope those sort-of-long explanations don't subtract from the adrenaline rush and tension.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 07:26:46 PM »
I watched those a while ago. I'm definetly going to try buying it when I can. (One problem of me not being able to buy it is me not having a Wii. :/ )

Pretty much every single microgame in there looked awesome. One that I'm really looking forward to is the orchestra music game, second place looks like the Balloon Fight one. I have a feeling this'll be one of the best ones ever.
I'm a horrible person.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 11:03:02 PM »
I hope those sort-of-long explanations don't subtract from the adrenaline rush and tension.

Those only happen the first time you encounter a new way of holding the controller.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 02:15:03 PM »
Wario Ware is awsome and this one's no exception!!! Can't wait to play!
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

BP

• Beside Pacific
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 01:43:44 PM »
Chibi-Wario originates from Wario Land. He's Wario's version of Small Mario.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 01:50:18 PM »
One of the links in BP's post is broken. Here's the correct link.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 05:53:25 PM »
Chibi-Wario originates from Wario Land. He's Wario's version of Small Mario.

Or technically Super Mario Land 2.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 07:19:07 PM »
No, Super Mario Land 2 had 6 golden coins! And SML 3 is basicly the first WL title.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 08:27:20 PM »
Yeah, what's your point?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 01:13:42 AM »
SushieBoy, when you fight Wario in ML2, he eventually decreases in size and looks very much like the Chibi-Wario we've been discussing.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 02:16:29 AM »
I've never beat SML2, my data kept on erasing :P
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print