Print

Author Topic: Banjo Blows Up Mario  (Read 32314 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »
My daughter's reaction to seeing that image was to point and say, Mario, Mario, Mario".
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2008, 11:36:21 PM »
...that car building system screams "Oh God, It's Gummi Ships all over again!" to me.
No! I don't want that!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 03:42:55 PM »
Gummi Ship building is probably the only replay value left in either KH game for me now.  I wish 358/2 days would hurry up and get released.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »
Gummi Ship building is probably the only replay value left in either KH game for me now.  I wish 358/2 days would hurry up and get released.

I just watched the trailer. Those graphics are ridiculously rich.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 03:53:02 PM »
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?  I think it looks good.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2008, 04:05:52 PM »
It's a good thing. I thought I was watching live action.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 08:18:52 AM »
I agree with Metal_Slug_Mario.  They did completely mess up the game.  I have been a huge fan of the banjo games since they came out so I can say that this new one coming out is not following the patterns of the originals and looks stupid.  And what do you know, it's coming out for the xbox 360.  The microsoft consoles are so stupid that they can take a good game and completely ruin it.  Goes to show that the only good games made anymore are by nintendo.  Everything else is crap.  (Except the PSP I will admit there are alot of good games for that and I like it!) :)
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 03:40:53 PM »
Nintendo didn't make Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie. Microsoft isn't making Nuts and Bolts. It's Rare. And people working at Rare in the late '90s aren't working at Rare anymore. It kind of happens, you know?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 04:04:44 PM »
Dude I know that.  But they came out for the n64.  And this new one is coming out for the 360.  So can you kinda see a pattern?  nintendo good, microsoft bad?  And who knows, maybe the publishers (mircosoft) told rare how they wanted alot of the game elements done to best "fit" xbox users.  If you know what I mean.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »
No. The 360 didn't kick people out of Rare. And just as all Nintendo gamers are not ten-minus-year-olds who only play Mario games, all Xbox gamers are not twenty-year-olds obsessed with graphics and guns who only play Halo.

Besides, Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge was pretty bad, and that was on the Nintendo Game Boy Advance.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2008, 05:38:36 PM »
Goes to show that the only good games made anymore are by nintendo.  Everything else is crap.

Metal Gear Solid 4.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2008, 08:40:04 PM »
Shadow of the Colossus?
Okami?
Beyond Good and Evil?

........????
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2008, 09:07:42 PM »
Spyro the Dragon?
Resident Evil 4?
Katamari Damacy?

........????
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2008, 11:17:54 PM »
Ape Escape?
Ape Escape 2?
Ape Escape 3?

........????
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2008, 11:34:57 PM »
I think I just found someone who is the polar opposite of myself...

Besides, Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge was pretty bad, and that was on the Nintendo Game Boy Advance.
THQ was involved.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print