Print

Author Topic: What Is Up With These Ads?  (Read 353042 times)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #975 on: January 31, 2010, 07:56:59 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that Gary Larson wasn't fond of having his comics around online.

I think he said that his comics were like his children, and coming across one online was like getting a phone call at 3AM, and hearing, "Hi, dad!  Guess where I am?"

...Something like that.
Go Moon!

« Reply #976 on: January 31, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »
I think he said that his comics were like his children, and coming across one online was like getting a phone call at 3AM, and hearing, "Hi, dad!  Guess where I am?"
"Hello dad, I'm in JAIL!! I'm calling you from JAIL!! Yeah, throw away the key, I'm in JAIL!! I'm gonna stay here! I like it here! AH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!"

But yeah, I'd understand that, from the uneasiness that it could be anywhere. Though in this case it could be assumed that the Far Side comics usually appear when sophisticated humor is desperately needed (for times when the conversation isn't too technical to be interrupted by an xkcd comic). It's not like you're going to see it on an unsavory site. ...right?

*does search* okay, The Far Side is safe from furries, for now.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #977 on: January 31, 2010, 09:10:45 PM »
Rule 34 on the Far Side, anyone?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #978 on: January 31, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
WeeGee, you've done far far more to /b/-ify the Fungi Forums than any of these (nonexistent) incoming new members.

« Reply #979 on: January 31, 2010, 10:12:27 PM »
But how would you even... it would probably just be cows anyway. Earthworm Jim's got nothing on Larson when it comes to cows.

Man I wish I could see an ad so I could contribute something. I see ads at IGN but they're of the game variety type, so that doesn't help.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 10:16:42 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #980 on: January 31, 2010, 11:49:38 PM »
head on, apply directly to the for-head
head on, appl SHUT! UP!

BANG! No more ad.
"Follow me down to the valley below You know
Moonlight is bleeding from out of your soul Come to us, Lazarus It's time for you to go"

« Reply #981 on: February 04, 2010, 11:26:04 PM »

I didn't see the ad until right when I was switching pages, then it popped up on the next page too (it's a Facebook ad for the uninformed). On a side note: that doesn't look the Apple iPad to me. I wonder if she's hiding it on her person somewhere.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #982 on: February 04, 2010, 11:30:42 PM »
I'm suddenly reminded of one of those weird fan-art/anime things that personifies electronics as sexy women.

This is, in fact, an awesome ad. Where was this stuff like this when I was a kid?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #983 on: February 04, 2010, 11:38:01 PM »

Sure didn't take long for the iPad jokes, huh? On the other hand, I've never seen that before. I've never seen them plaster up some woman and claim her name is (whatever product you seem to be searching for). Imagine if she said she was Princess Toadstool. Wow, Peach's got a makeover.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #984 on: February 04, 2010, 11:47:07 PM »
Imagine if she said she was Princess Toadstool.

Seen literally right after my last post:

The ad itself is fine, but... well, what's the first thing you think of when you hear "black expressions"?

« Reply #985 on: February 05, 2010, 07:14:21 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #986 on: February 05, 2010, 11:31:23 PM »
Man, I wish I'd thought of that.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #987 on: February 07, 2010, 10:01:39 AM »
(Nothing to see here - Mod)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:50:36 PM by DavidDayton »
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #988 on: February 07, 2010, 03:42:25 PM »
You're going to have to read the Cracked article I got that from.

« Reply #989 on: February 07, 2010, 07:33:36 PM »

Print