Print

Author Topic: Wario Land Shake?!  (Read 26459 times)

« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2008, 08:49:01 PM »
This game is looks alright.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2008, 10:13:21 PM »
I just saw new scans at Nintendo Wii Fanboy showing two story cutscenes... and... I was about to scream: "New Mario anime please! North America Localization! No 4kids pleeeease!!... Or Localisation of "The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach..."

...That would be... aweeeeeesome.... Or... completely terrible.
I really don't care much for logic.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2008, 06:11:30 AM »
The graphics are decidedly DS-ish, but I'd rather have that than trying to stretch graphics quality beyond their capability and make them look unpolished.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2008, 02:08:18 PM »
I just saw new scans at Nintendo Wii Fanboy showing two story cutscenes... and... I was about to scream: "New Mario anime please! North America Localization! No 4kids pleeeease!!... Or Localisation of "The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach..."

...That would be... aweeeeeesome.... Or... completely terrible.
If that ever happens (localization of GMtRPP)  It would probably be dubbed by NoA, and Mario and Luigi would probably be the only characters that sound right. (I don't want Cookie Monster Bowser coming back.  He's better off doing grunts, growls, dark chuckles, and roars)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2008, 02:15:21 PM »
There might be a slight chance of Nintendo localizing GMTRPP, since they're bringing the Ocarina of Time manga over here later this year. By the way, here's something:

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2008, 03:53:00 PM »
Wario enjoys looting way too much.

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2008, 10:07:17 PM »
If that ever happens (localization of GMtRPP)  It would probably be dubbed by NoA, and Mario and Luigi would probably be the only characters that sound right. (I don't want Cookie Monster Bowser coming back.  He's better off doing grunts, growls, dark chuckles, and roars)
Why couldn't Harvey Atkin come back?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2008, 10:24:48 PM »
Why couldn't Harvey Atkin come back?
That would be cool!  He did a really great speaking Koopa
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2008, 11:30:11 PM »
Ah! CrossEyed7, I didn't know the US boxart was out! Well, here's the Japanese one for comparison:

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2008, 11:47:43 PM »
It's like a Where's Waldo, except it's a Where's Captain Syrup, except she's easy to find. It's also like a way better than the American boxart, as expected.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2008, 05:00:57 AM »
The Japanese get all the good:
Artwork
Uncensored/Glitchy games
Special Editions.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2008, 08:10:33 AM »
And rightfully so (the games get made there, after all, and they have less of a stereotype as being violent/angry videogame-obsessed).

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2008, 03:52:14 PM »
And rightfully so (the games get made there, after all, and they have less of a stereotype as being violent/angry videogame-obsessed).

And that is the reason why I am sick of all these "ultra violent" gore-filled games that American/European developers are so obsessed about (I'm talking about Gears of War specifically, although God of War is amazing because of its epic story and developed characters). I am also sick of the plethora of WW2 FPS games that are released every year. How many times do we need to kill Nazis before it gets boring?

Back on topic:

Is Wario Land Shake a direct sequel to the Game Boy Wario Land games (the ones with Captain Syrup)? Or is it a spin-off title similar to Wario Land 4?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2008, 09:47:32 AM »
Why is Wario Land 4 a spin-off?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2008, 11:20:16 AM »
It isn't.
That was a joke.

Print