Poll

Which course in Super Mario 64 is your favorite?

Bob-omb Battlefield
5 (13.5%)
Whomp's Fortress
3 (8.1%)
Jolly Roger Bay
1 (2.7%)
Cool, Cool Mountain
0 (0%)
Big Boo's Haunt
1 (2.7%)
Hazy Maze Cave
1 (2.7%)
Lethal Lava Land
6 (16.2%)
Shifting Sand Land
1 (2.7%)
Dire, Dire Docks
0 (0%)
Snowman's Land
0 (0%)
Wet-Dry World
4 (10.8%)
Tall, Tall Mountain
3 (8.1%)
Tiny-Huge Island
1 (2.7%)
Tick-Tock Clock
4 (10.8%)
Rainbow Ride
1 (2.7%)
Bowser in the Dark World
1 (2.7%)
Bowser in the Fire Sea
1 (2.7%)
Bowser in the Sky
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Course in Super Mario 64  (Read 16905 times)

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 03:15:30 PM »
Yes you can with the blue "Remove vote" link at the bottom of the poll.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 10:00:38 PM »
Hehe, thanks.  I can't see that link because I've yet to cast my precious vote.  Now that I know it's there, I'm going with... Bob-omb Battlefield!  Reason being, if I had to whittle down Mario 64 to a single course--leaving out all others--I'd want it to be this one.  Well, that's not the reason I chose it--more like the method.  And yes, you can consider it faulty if you like, but it's the only way I could possibly deal with such an impossible question.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 10:00:22 AM »
I chose Jolly Roger Bay. That was the course I always had the most fun on, and the music is really pleasant. And it always sticks in my head.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2008, 10:04:28 AM »
Hmm... I haven't posted here yet because I really thought about it and, even though SM64 is indeed a great, classic game, I just can't think of any levels that really resonate as something I'd want to go back and play.

However, Big Boo's Haunt was creepy-cool. All those other "courses" got nothin' on a man-eating piano, a haunted merry-go-round, and giant, disembodied eyeballs.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2008, 10:56:22 AM »
Wet Dry World I chose.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2008, 11:40:07 AM »
First post!

I voted Bowser in the Sky, since my favorite games ever are the 2D Mario games, and the Bowser levels are basically  the same: keep jumping from point A until you get to point B.  I like the final stage the best because it's the longest and most difficult.  Not to mention how dramatic it feels to be climbing higher and higher...
Then the hardest battle with the Koopa King occurs, which is combined with epic music, the best song in the game.

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2008, 08:27:45 PM »
I like the final stage the best because it's the longest and most difficult.  Not to mention how dramatic it feels to be climbing higher and higher...
OK, now I've gotta ask:  Does anyone else have a set routine in how they change the camera for the Bowser courses?  I always change it in the same way--a routine that evolved out of dozens of play-throughs.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2008, 07:35:26 AM »
Routine?  Why yes, I have one.  Whether I can remember it is a different matter.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2008, 10:15:18 AM »
Hmm... For my favorite courses, I would have to say:
- Bob-Omb Battlefield (Bob-Ombs are cool, and riding around on the Koopa shell is so fun)
- Tiny Huge Island (you go from giant to tiny just by jumping into pipes)
- Tick Tock Clock (changing the tempo of the moving parts is so fun), and all of the Bowser courses

For my least favorites I choose:
- Dire Dire Docks (trying to swim into the Manta Ray's rings while the whirlpool is pulling you in is so difficult, as is trying to open the chests in the same area)
- Lethal Lava Land (falling into the lava while trying to fight the Big Bully is really frusterating)
- Tall Tall Mountain (really boring course with nothing to do except climb)
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2008, 09:49:56 AM »
For my least favorites I choose:
- Dire Dire Docks (trying to swim into the Manta Ray's rings while the whirlpool is pulling you in is so difficult, as is trying to open the chests in the same area)
- Lethal Lava Land (falling into the lava while trying to fight the Big Bully is really frusterating)
- Tall Tall Mountain (really boring course with nothing to do except climb)

You don't like levels becuase they're difficult? I think that the levels that I find the most challenging are also the most fun.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2008, 11:14:53 AM »
For me it depends on exactly how difficult they are.  I don't like levels to be nearly impossible, but I didn't think any of the courses in Super Mario 64 were that hard, with the possible exception of Rainbow Ride.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2008, 11:21:20 AM »
Tick Tock Clock is my favorite, Tall Tall Mountain is a close second though.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2008, 12:05:38 PM »
I didn't think any of the courses in Super Mario 64 were that hard, with the possible exception of Rainbow Ride.

Wing Mario over the Rainbow was exceptionally hard when I first started playing. Now that I've got more experience, it's still hard.. go figure.

I'm having a hard time choosing.. I like all the courses. Bob-omb Battlefield was a great intro course and Rainbow Ride was a great 'final' course. I know that after you get a certain amount of stars, you could technically go in any order..

Wait a second! How come the Princess's Secret Slide and The Secret Aquarium aren't on this poll? What about the Switch courses?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 11:11:58 AM »
Whoa..that's been a while I played that game. Owned all kind of Nintendo consoles, but not the 64..all I remember was the course in wich there is a treasure ship in a cave. That really amused me!..btw, and I loved the theme song in there..<3

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 12:02:23 PM »
You're talking about Jolly Roger Bay. I wonder if that course became popular. I don't see why not, with the water everywhere, the calm music... that darn eel and the terror of either trying to coax it out of the ship or trying to get that one Star from its tail...

As for the Secret Aquarium, that was a fun relaxing course, until you grabbed most of the coins and then realized you better find the rest of the red coins fast before you drown. And it's disorienting at first to go up to one of the windows and see the sky, considering you're inside an aquarium. I don't know, maybe I expected I could swim out to the sky.
You didn't say wot wot.

Print