Print

Author Topic: Mario YouTube video requests/challenges  (Read 43726 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2009, 02:46:38 PM »
I'm not quite sure. Does the star still appear when you complete the course with that time? I've never gotten a time over 1:30, so I'm not sure what happens when you complete the course in that time.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2009, 07:42:38 PM »
Yeah, my first (and only) complete try was 1:40-ish, the star still appears.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2009, 08:05:04 PM »
Hmm. If that's the case, my only suggestion to Toad would be to try and get a better time and see if it appears.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2009, 09:00:25 PM »
What I've tried doing for the sheer challenge factor is in SMW, trying doing runthroughs on each stage while continuously holding the down button so that Mario is crouching constantly when on the ground. It gets pretty difficult since you can't move unless you jump, and when you hit the ground you can't move the opposite direction to make up for SMW's slippery physics.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2009, 09:33:43 PM »
As a matter of fact, I've actually completed almost every level in New Super Mario Bros. while doing that. The only levels I couldn't complete were the ones that couldn't be completed at all by doing that.

« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2009, 10:05:06 PM »
Does the star still appear when you complete the course with that time?

Sling Star, no. Power Star, yes.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2009, 12:24:17 AM »
Try practicing and completing the course in a better time. Also, make sure you're doing the course in the Loopdeswoop Galaxy.

« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2009, 08:55:04 AM »
What I've tried doing for the sheer challenge factor is in SMW, trying doing runthroughs on each stage while continuously holding the down button so that Mario is crouching constantly when on the ground. It gets pretty difficult since you can't move unless you jump, and when you hit the ground you can't move the opposite direction to make up for SMW's slippery physics.

I love doing that! I've already finished the first world or so that way... I imagine it's impossible in levels where you have to enter a pipe on the ceiling or use a P-Balloon, though.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2009, 09:09:09 PM »
Since you're taking requests again, could you try the Rolling Gizmo challenge I posted earlier in the thread?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2009, 10:54:16 PM »
I'll give it a shot. If I don't go through with it for whatever reason I'll post on here.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2009, 06:22:57 PM »
After about 2 months of not posting a video since I was so busy, I've finally had the time to get to your request! Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU_6LPBIDQI&fmt=18

Enjoy it! I packed in a few cool parts.

« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2011, 05:00:08 PM »
To preface, I realize this is a very old topic and that you're at college currently, but I wanted to post this here before it slipped my mind. 

If you have any time over the summer, could you try to beat all three of the main stars in Gold Leaf Galaxy without using the Bee Suit?  I've done the first one myself, but the second and third seem a bit harder (probably still possible, though).

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2011, 07:01:09 PM »
Sounds good! I'll try to do it later today, but I won't be able to record it until I get back home.

« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2011, 08:33:13 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2011, 02:00:39 AM »
Yeah, don't worry Weegee; I didn't forget about that one.

Print